Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

matTNT wrote: »
    Nope, they correct and recorrect until it fits.

i love this. you were so certain too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

i love this. you were so certain too.

They do :P

I'm not saying that they don't take a sample first but if they take the sample and use that and it doesn't fit very well then they'll order a re correction.

Source:
    My grinds teacher had to re correct the maths papers after the first one didn't fit, even then there may have been a second re correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cbd3

I would say know all ur nutrients and food commodities. Pick wat sections ur going to study well for Section B. u can do all food questions if u want but u will have no options and learn ur elective welll it carries a lot of the marks.

Do all Q1 Section B now this week because their easy to get high marks in but getting more unpredictable.

As well this week, sit down and do a section A every night.

Also before hand, know ur approach to the paper. are u going to start with q1 section b,then elective.........

Em in regards to egg, i would b shocked to see it as a whole section B question as it is more or less the same as the junior cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

For some reason I think that for home ec they will ask about the Public Analyst Laboratories... Dont ask me why I just think they will! Probably a short question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

Can someone please give me a list of Irish essays that I could learn and that would have me covered, I'm screwed.. And maybe some website with notes my teacher was terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

FrankLamar wrote: »
    Can someone please give me a list of essays that I could learn and that would have me covered, I'm screwed.. And maybe some website with notes my teacher was terrible

For what subject(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimihehir

Anyone have any predictions for Regional and Human Geography?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

jimihehir wrote: »
    Anyone have any predictions for Regional and Human Geography?

Secondary industry in sub continental region

Culture in Ireland (Gaeltacht)

Secondary and Tertiary compare two EU regions

Primary/Tertiary industry Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimihehir

Thanks, must get this learnt quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oryxandcrake

Does anybody have any ideas for Art? We kind of never studied Art History at school...except for a gallery visit :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

For what subject(s)?

sorry for HL irish

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

FrankLamar wrote: »
    sorry for HL irish

Sorry, that's my ordinary level subject. I'm sure someone else can help, or if you search the thread someone might have discussed it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Does anybody have any ideas for Art? We kind of never studied Art History at school...except for a gallery visit :S

for Irish history,
    If you like writing about artists, Louis le Brocquy and Paul Henry are hot favourites, if you prefer the artefact side to it, newgrange, bronze age, iron age and manuscript should have you covered

For European,
    I feel van Eyck because he hasn't been up in a few years, otherwise the old favourites van Gogh, Boticelli, Cezanne Michelangelo and Giotto/Masaccio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TheChosenOne

study13 wrote: »
    maybe they put all the female poets in one hat, all the irish poets in another hat and all the other poets in another hat :P

Hahahaha, Stratified Random Sample? :D Why not, actually xD

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

So f**ked

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

For geography brown earth soils for geoecology, the european union and how its helped ireland, river rejuvenation, waterfalls ( I was told to learn 2 features of fluvial erosion because all the teachers are just expecting her to chose one and she might do 2 to make it a bit harder), for human geography the land zone theories have a good chance of coming up and culture in a subcontinental region

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

First time i even heard of the word, let alone know what its about!
    I have a 30m question on river rejuvenation, give me your email in private messages and i will try scanning it onto my computer or like taking a picture of it on my phone and sending it to you :) our teacher said that we are lucky and unlucky its tipped, unlucky because its hard but lucky because if it comes up its gonna come up with something really easy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cassie2013

i've searched this entire thread and in french predictions ive seen nothing on drugs/ doping in sport ? ive heard by ear alot of predictions saying this will come up? especially considering sport appears regularly and after the Lance Armstrong revelation ? im just wndering if im the only one who thinks this ?also has anyone got notes on obesity for an essay?

if anyone IS considering doing the doping in sports i have an amazing standard essay if you want it although it is VERY long ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I have a 30m question on river rejuvenation, give me your email in private messages and i will try scanning it onto my computer or like taking a picture of it on my phone and sending it to you :) our teacher said that we are lucky and unlucky its tipped, unlucky because its hard but lucky because if it comes up its gonna come up with something really easy

sending you my email there too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TheChosenOne

cassie2013 wrote: »
    i've searched this entire thread and in french predictions ive seen nothing on drugs/ doping in sport ? ive heard by ear alot of predictions saying this will come up? especially considering sport appears regularly and after the Lance Armstrong revelation ? im just wndering if im the only one who thinks this ?also has anyone got notes on obesity for an essay?

if anyone IS considering doing the doping in sports i have an amazing standard essay if you want it although it is VERY long ....

Yes yes, I'm strongly considering doing that myself. Here's a thread focused on French abstract topics, a lot of people believe that le dopage IS coming up! Could you please send me the essay? I have obesity phrases :) *Excited by reading the amazing standard essay*

EDIT: Link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056954185

• Advertisement

Finally somebody agrees hahaha i just tried sending it to someone in PM and it was too long, can you PM your email address ?

Ya I didn't have notes so I actually got a fluent French speaker to write it for me, But take heed it's VERY long haha, Im thinking of just taking bits from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Could you please please please send me that essay. Personally, I think people would be very foolish to go into that exam without dopage covered

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fitzy18

Would greatly appreciate if I could get the doping essay off you :)

Fitzy18 wrote: »
    Would greatly appreciate if I could get the doping essay off you :)

Ya no bother, can you PM your email and il send it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Would greatly appreciate if I could get that French essay off you too? :) Hoping the department are nice to us with the written pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

can I please have your doping essay please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seanie2011

Would I be OK learning Wordsworth, Plath & Bishop for English P2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Seanie2011 wrote: »
    Would I be OK learning Wordsworth, Plath & Bishop for English P2?

Not really, what if the 4 poets that came up were Shakespeare, Rich, Mahon and Hopkins..?

You should look over 4 to be safe. I can't imagine them putting BOTH Kinsella and Rich up again after they were up last year. I have a feeling one of them will be there, but no way both.

Shakespeare, Hopkins, Bishop, Mahon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seanie2011

Would I get away with Wordsworth, Bishop, Plath & Mahon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Seanie2011 wrote: »
    Would I get away with Wordsworth, Bishop, Plath & Mahon?

I'm not going to say yes or no 'cause I don't know what poets are coming up. :P But I think there was like a 2% chance or something of none of your 4 poets coming up (taking they are picked at random).

Advertisement