Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cassie2013

Ok to anyone who wants the Doping essay, there seems to be a few :L can yous all PM your email addresses and il forward it on ? It keeps cutting bits out when I try and attach the actuall essay to a PM. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roadisclear

cassie2013 wrote: »
    i've searched this entire thread and in french predictions ive seen nothing on drugs/ doping in sport ? ive heard by ear alot of predictions saying this will come up? especially considering sport appears regularly and after the Lance Armstrong revelation ? im just wndering if im the only one who thinks this ?also has anyone got notes on obesity for an essay?

if anyone IS considering doing the doping in sports i have an amazing standard essay if you want it although it is VERY long ....

Would you mind sending me the essay? As long as it's no hassle of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Maths HL theorem/construction? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

0mega wrote: »
    Maths HL theorem/construction? :)

Centroid maybe as that is the centre of gravity?

Centroid maybe as that is the centre of gravity?

I was thinking they could possibly give us a construction q to investigate the properties of the Euler line by finding the centroid, orthocentre and circumcentre of a given triangle. Very project Mathsy.

No idea for the theorem though? I assume whatever came up last year is safe to leave out..

• Advertisement

Would you mind sending me the essay? As long as it's no hassle of course :)

It's no hassle at all :) send your email in PM and il send it on to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leaving Cert Problems

Could you send me on that Dopage essay when you get a chance please. I'd really appreciate it!

Not to sound like a total sap here but to anyone learning poets Id seriously learn kinsella and rich b/c I know after Ruairī Quinns comment last year repeating a poet would Really catch alot of people out.. As would no women poet at all but I'm just praying they don't do that :L

cassie2013 wrote: »
    Not to sound like a total sap here but to anyone learning poets Id seriously learn kinsella and rich b/c I know after Ruairī Quinns comment last year repeating a poet would Really catch alot of people out.. As would no women poet at all but I'm just praying they don't do that :L

Kinsella would surely be more likely to come up than Rich in that case. It feels like she's never off the paper recently!

For english I'm thinking the theme for paper will be culture/irishness/identity because of the gathering and all of that.

For poetry I'm thinking- Mahon (Theres only two irish poets on for us and the other one was on last year so thats my reason. Also think the question will be about sense of identity and national cultural.)
    Shakespeare- (He's hasn't been on since the new course was introuduced and hes only on for our year so whats the point of putting him on if they aren't going to examine him. But I suppose the same can be said for Wordsworth but I think Shakespeare has the edge over him beacause of who he is)
    Bishop- (Don't really have a valid reason as to why I think she will appear. Just siding towards her because I don't think they will put Plath on after the chaos last year. Also both are on next year aswell so its hard to know who they'll choose)
    Hopkins- (Only saying him because we haven't studied him and I hear hes an awful poet!)
    And for Macbeth maybe something on Macbeth and Lady Macbeth like how she is more ruthless than him.

All of the above is just an educated guess. I'll be covering everything but just putting a bit more emphasis on the above.

• Advertisement

For english I'm thinking the theme for paper will be culture/irishness/identity because of the gathering and all of that.

For poetry I'm thinking- Mahon (Theres only two irish poets on for us and the other one was on last year so thats my reason. Also think the question will be about sense of identity and national cultural.)
    Shakespeare- (He's hasn't been on since the new course was introuduced and hes only on for our year so whats the point of putting him on if they aren't going to examine him. But I suppose the same can be said for Wordsworth but I think Shakespeare has the edge over him beacause of who he is)
    Bishop- (Don't really have a valid reason as to why I think she will appear. Just siding towards her because I don't think they will put Plath on after the chaos last year. Also both are on next year aswell so its hard to know who they'll choose)
    Hopkins- (Only saying him because we haven't studied him and I hear hes an awful poet!)
    And for Macbeth maybe something on Macbeth and Lady Macbeth like how she is more ruthless than him.

All of the above is just an educated guess. I'll be covering everything but just putting a bit more emphasis on the above.

Pretty sure two of those you suggested have been themes in the past 10 years. They won't choose the theme based on something that's happening this year really, as the theme usually just relates to the three reading comprehensions.

Yeah there just my predictions not telling anyone to but into them!
    Identity was up a few years ago alright but I don't see any reason why they can't base three comprehensions on Irishness/Culture.
    The campaign for the gathering was started last year and was topical around November I think as people started to realise it was a con!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Eoin Jackson posted a video today if anyone's interested!
    God I hope his predictions are spot on cause they're my only hope at this stage

Luize wrote: »
    Eoin Jackson posted a video today if anyone's interested!
    God I hope his predictions are spot on cause they're my only hope at this stage

Dunno who that is, link?

0mega wrote: »
    Dunno who that is, link?

He makes predictions for most of the leaving cert subjects and he's pretty much spot on like 80% of the time.

This is just a general overview video, apparently he posts videos for each subject a day or two before the actual exam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3YPb9V5CCA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I was full sure for a while that the theme would be something Irish to coincide with "The Gathering" ****e, but I'm not really sure now. If they were wanted to make it relevant without restricting it solely to "Irish Culture", I can easily see them broadening it out and doing a theme like "National Pride", but I hope I'm wrong.

If so, don't be surprised if there's a text on a politician/president making a speech of some sort, an extract from a work of fiction to do with national pride, and an interview or biographical piece or something on a sports star who plays for their country (assuming this would have images and be the visual text).

I do hope I'm wrong though. That would be tedious and boring, and I'm hoping they were a little more imaginative. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Luize wrote: »
    He makes predictions for most of the leaving cert subjects and he's pretty much spot on like 80% of the time.

This is just a general overview video, apparently he posts videos for each subject a day or two before the actual exam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3YPb9V5CCA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's pretty silly, why not have them up a week before, he would get more views and the videos would actually be a little more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Has anyone got any predictions for accounting? Its the only subject I cant get to grip with :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

matTNT wrote: »
    That's pretty silly, why not have them up a week before, he would get more views and the videos would actually be a little more useful.

I'd it's because he doesn't want people to rely solely on his predictions and that, by putting them up late, they'll only be useful in prioritising a bit of last minute cramming and maybe saving a few eejits who haven't opened a book yet from failing.

It'll be interesting to see the predictions this year, since everything is supposed to be getting "less predictable". Humans are notoriously bad at being random though, so short of them picking each question out of a hat (which someone has even said here already may have happened :P) there are still predictions that can be made. Hopefully he can still help us out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Michbax

does anyone know how accurate Eoin Jacksons predictions were previous years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

I'd it's because he doesn't want people to rely solely on his predictions

I hadn't considered that actually. Still most of us are adults or close enough, so you'd think that he'd let us make our own decisions. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Watch his previous videos and compare, I just did that with history and only a few were right!

For home ec last year, he predicted pretty much everything that was on it.

Don't say that now I'm going to rely on them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Michbax

im plannin to try no as much as i can but if his predictions are overall right most of the time i will defo focus more into them.

Don't say that now I'm going to rely on them :P

Home ec is super predictable anyway :) you can be sure lipids will be question 1 anyway lol

Really? I've never tried to predict it because I'm not terrible at it so not really worried! :D Yeah I'm relying on lipids! is anything else tipped to come up?

Really? I've never tried to predict it because I'm not terrible at it so not really worried! :D Yeah I'm relying on lipids! is anything else tipped to come up?

Vitamin D/Osteoporosis
    food spoilage
    Microwave/fridge
    Sensory analysis

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

God why is there so much in the geography course!
    Don't have a clue where to start studying...

• Advertisement

Thankss! I'll wait and see what this Eoin Jackson has to say too! :D

Advertisement