Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Awwww.... Eoin Jackson isn't going to predict Irish...... Oh well.. may just keep learning everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

God why is there so much in the geography course!
    Don't have a clue where to start studying...

It's not that bad.

Just look back over the papers and make an educated guess about what you think is coming up. I'm learning 5 essays from each topic and then a soils and a biome essay from the geoecology section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Last year's English predictions.

Well these predictions look like they're going to be absolutely useless anyway. :D

If any of the calculus proofs were to come up, I'd say it would be the one that involves induction personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

0mega wrote: »
    If any of the calculus proofs were to come up, I'd say it would be the one that involves induction personally.

Give an example? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

A waterfall or a limestone pavement

Give an example? :)

If f(x) = x^n, then df/dx = nx^n-1

Prove for all n E Z by induction

0mega wrote: »
    If f(x) = x^n, then df/dx = nx^n-1

Prove for all n E Z by induction

ah I see.
    I think maths should be okay.
    I really am struggling with financial maths though :/

ah I see.
    I think maths should be okay.
    I really am struggling with financial maths though :/

I have just the thing for you! This really helped me...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIX3SFAwLbuw4h6EhFvCl6GsDVYESUpql

Last year's English predictions.

Pause at 58 seconds, I'm putting all my eggs in one basket with Heaney and Plath as a backup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 df123

any ideas on german higher level predictions...please!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

df123 wrote: »
    any ideas on german higher level predictions...please!!!

German is a very hard subject to predict but I would certainly look over Relativ pronouns, present tense, and past imperfect.

German football has become talk across the media the last few months (although the exam was probably written up before this) so I would look for some vocab on sport, visiting Munich/Dortmund/etc.

For the letter consider the following topics:
    *Sport
    *Freizeit
    *Umgebung
    *Fernsehen
    *Nuclear Energie
    *Teilzeitarbeit
    *Computer (SOCIAL MEDIA)
    *Handy
    *Schule in Irland/Deutschland
    *Kleidung
    *Was wollen Sie nach dem Abitur machen?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Anyone have any tips on what they think may come up in Q1-3 in geography? I have done out essays for karst landscape with formation of sedimentary rocks, human interaction with rock cycle , human interaction with coastal processes and landform development(waterfalls) anything else that may be a hot topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Anyone have any tips on what they think may come up in Q1-3 in geography? I have done out essays for karst landscape with formation of sedimentary rocks, human interaction with rock cycle , human interaction with coastal processes and landform development(waterfalls) anything else that may be a hot topic?

Regional is pretty constant every year from the look of it, would add in metamorphic and igneous just to be on the safe side and plate tectonics/volcanoes which nearly always comes up in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

has anyone any idea on ag science experiments please ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LCert2013

What headings should I be looking at in geoecology, characteristics of soil and biome. What else?? :)

LCert2013 wrote: »
    What headings should I be looking at in geoecology, characteristics of soil and biome. What else?? :)

Not sure about soils, but for biomes I think the main 2 are characteristics and how human interact/influence the biome. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

LCert2013 wrote: »

Formation of Soils,Effects of humans on Biomes/soil,

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

andrew369 wrote: »
    Regional is pretty constant every year from the look of it, would add in metamorphic and igneous just to be on the safe side and plate tectonics/volcanoes which nearly always comes up in some form.

What would you think will come up in regional? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

doogybag wrote: »
    has anyone any idea on ag science experiments please ?? :)

Have a look over some soil experiments. There's always a soil question/ experiment every year, and the soil experiments are pretty easy bar one or two that you do have to look over a few times

• Advertisement

Have a look over some soil experiments. There's always a soil question/ experiment every year, and the soil experiments are pretty easy bar one or two that you do have to look over a few times

ok tnx, any more specific predictions 4 ag ?

matTNT wrote: »
    I have just the thing for you! This really helped me...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIX3SFAwLbuw4h6EhFvCl6GsDVYESUpql

Thank you! :D

Chemistry
    Can someone please look over this Water of Crystallisation question and tell me if it's right.
    Okay so I have a Water of crystalisation question from the 1995 paper. I think I have it but as there's no marking scheme, I need to be sure. so if anyone could do it and post the answer it would be brilliant!
    7.77g NA2CO3XH20 was made up to 500cm^3. 25cm was titrated agaainst 0.075 molar h2so4. average titre is 20. ratio is 1:1.
    a) conc of na2co3xh20 in g dm^-3
    b) in mol dm^-3.
    c) hence find the % water in sodium carbonate crystals and the value of X.
    My answers are: a) 15.54 g/l,,, b) 0.06 and c) 59% with x being 8.5. is this right?

does any1 no has eoin Jackson predicted anything yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

doogybag wrote: »
    does any1 no has eoin Jackson predicted anything yet ?

Not yet but he did post an "overview" last night stating all of the subjects he will and will not predict. I'd say a proper prediction video will be uploaded this weekend or Monday at the latest.

Sarahke wrote: »
    What would you think will come up in regional? :)

Regional could be anything, can't even positively say that what came up last year won't come up again. It isn't too hard to learn the basic primary, secondary and tertiary for each region and learn some stuff on a cultural region. Sorry I would be misleading you if I said anything specific since regional is so random. :o

SecondMan wrote: »
    Not yet but he did post an "overview" last night stating all of the subjects he will and will not predict. I'd say a proper prediction video will be uploaded this weekend or Monday at the latest.

ok thanks, hopefully there are good ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Regional could be anything, can't even positively say that what came up last year won't come up again. It isn't too hard to learn the basic primary, secondary and tertiary for each region and learn some stuff on a cultural region. Sorry I would be misleading you if I said anything specific since regional is so random. :o

Yeah, I agree with this. Regional is the least predictable and most schizophrenic part. You really have to pile on the essays to be sure of a good question, but luckily there is a lot of overlap between them and they aren't too hard! Wish I could cut them down a bit though, there are loads :(

Yeah, I agree with this. Regional is the least predictable and most schizophrenic part. You really half to pile on the essays to be sure of a good question, but luckily there is a lot of overlap between them and they aren't too hard! Wish I could cut them down a bit though, there are loads :(

Well if you cover them all in some basic way so you can safely say you have some SRPs on them all then that is a good start, and if you are really desperate for something in detail maybe check out this Eoin Jackson guys video for geography. Wouldn't trust him or anyone for a 100% prediction but his guesses seem pretty accurate, and are better than nothing for a last minute cram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Well if you cover them all in some basic way so you can safely say you have some SRPs on them all then that is a good start, and if you are really desperate for something in detail maybe check out this Eoin Jackson guys video for geography. Wouldn't trust him or anyone for a 100% prediction but his guesses seem pretty accurate, and are better than nothing for a last minute cram.

I'm fairly sure I'm sorted for most of them, but I might take a look at what he's predicting to focus my "night before" cram. :P

Advertisement