Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Chemistry
    Can someone please look over this Water of Crystallisation question and tell me if it's right.
    Okay so I have a Water of crystalisation question from the 1995 paper. I think I have it but as there's no marking scheme, I need to be sure. so if anyone could do it and post the answer it would be brilliant!
    7.77g NA2CO3XH20 was made up to 500cm^3. 25cm was titrated agaainst 0.075 molar h2so4. average titre is 20. ratio is 1:1.
    a) conc of na2co3xh20 in g dm^-3
    b) in mol dm^-3.
    c) hence find the % water in sodium carbonate crystals and the value of X.
    My answers are: a) 15.54 g/l,,, b) 0.06 and c) 59% with x being 8.5. is this right?

Yeah I got the same answers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

SecondMan wrote: »
    Yeah I got the same answers :)

Great! thanks! I was just a little confused when they asked for grams at the beginning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

I'm fairly sure I'm sorted for most of them, but I might take a look at what he's predicting to focus my "night before" cram. :P

That is my plan too. I would say a lot of people will be stuck cramming for maths night before instead of geography but I am nearly past the point of caring with maths so sod it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

andrew369 wrote: »
    That is my plan too. I would say a lot of people will be stuck cramming for maths night before instead of geography but I am nearly past the point of caring with maths so sod it :P

My plan is to have maths sorted before the exams start so I have time the night before for one last look over the geography course! We'll see how that goes.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NGA_LuAbu

Anyone have a clue on physics HL predictions?

For English poets I have bishop plath and Mahon done... Because they probably will put Rich or Kinsella, not both.. Then the other 3 would have to be Shakespeare Wordsworth and Hopkins for none to come up...

And anyone else do accounting? Im thinking sole trader as S1, interpretation and either incomplete or suspense for S2.. Then don't really know about S3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Great! thanks! I was just a little confused when they asked for grams at the beginning. :)

When they ask for grams before they ask for molarity then you always use the grams given in the question, making sure you adjust it so it is equivalent to grams per litre (ie. In that question 7.77g is given in a solution of 500cm so you just multiply by 2 to get it in g/L). When they ask you for grams after they ask you for molarity then you always use the molarity to find the grams.

Ah okay. Thanks secondMan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

For English, does anyone have a good standard essay on Macbeth and kingship from their mocks that could be sent to me? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Ive got one on kingship I can send you if you send me your email :) I got a high B on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Annoying how Eoin Jackson puts his videos up so close to the time!!

• Advertisement

Does anybody feel they are getting worse rather than better? I do! I'm freaking out......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

NGA_LuAbu wrote: »
    Anyone have a clue on physics HL predictions?

For English poets I have bishop plath and Mahon done... Because they probably will put Rich or Kinsella, not both.. Then the other 3 would have to be Shakespeare Wordsworth and Hopkins for none to come up...

And anyone else do accounting? Im thinking sole trader as S1, interpretation and either incomplete or suspense for S2.. Then don't really know about S3

Yeah I do accounting. I'm hoping it's a sole trader, but I've a feeling it'll be a manufacturing account. Interpretation and published for S2 is what I'm hoping, but I'd say it'll be the incomplete (method b)

ray2012 wrote: »
    Yeah I do accounting. I'm hoping it's a sole trader, but I've a feeling it'll be a manufacturing account. Interpretation and published for S2 is what I'm hoping, but I'd say it'll be the incomplete (method b)

which is method b?

Does anybody feel they are getting worse rather than better? I do! I'm freaking out......

Today is my first time looking at the Maths course all year lol, and I haven't looked at Macbeth questions/poetry quotes, ooops. Night before job

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Today is my first time looking at the Maths course all year lol, and I haven't looked at Macbeth questions/poetry quotes, ooops. Night before job

.... how many points do you need? :P

which is method b?

You know the one where you pretty much start off with the balance sheet first? And you work backwards?

.... how many points do you need? :P

375-400...and I'm doing 6 not 7 subjects HA ****

Aw not sooo bad! you'll do it! utilize your time now!! :P good luck

ray2012 wrote: »
    You know the one where you pretty much start off with the balance sheet first? And you work backwards?

WHY That one? the other method hasn't come up in years!

WHY That one? the other method hasn't come up in years!

I just have a feeling if they put up incomplete it will be that method. I'd much prefer the other method though! :P

But no, I want a published account!! :(

• Advertisement

I much prefer the other method too! :/
    Oh i reaaly would love a published and an incomplete (forward) = heaven!

I much prefer the other method too! :/
    Oh i reaaly would love a published and an incomplete (forward) = heaven!

I'll give the incomplete a look over, but I wouldn't answer it if a published came up. I'm going to answer the interpretation anyways. Accounting isn't my strongest subject at all, so I hope I could get a C1 in it!

Oh really? I'm not sure about interpreatation, A lot of learning! I need the A1! :D

Oh really? I'm not sure about interpreatation, A lot of learning! I need the A1! :D

Yeah it is a lot of learning, but once you learn it off, you're sorted! Like it's almost identical every year, just a few different formulas! and it's (almost) guaranteed to come up every year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

guys you are all freaking me out!!!!!!!! but this is actually addicting to log on to this every now and then!! my tummy is sore :(:'(

study13 wrote: »
    guys you are all freaking me out!!!!!!!! but this is actually addicting to log on to this every now and then!! my tummy is sore :(:'(

We're all in the same boat :( this site is the reason I'm not studying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

Sarahke wrote: »
    We're all in the same boat :( this site is the reason I'm not studying :(

I know right - its actually super annoying :mad: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Ah lads admit it, if it wasn't boards we'd be somewhere else on the internet.

matTNT wrote: »
    Ah lads admit it, if it wasn't boards we'd be somewhere else on the internet.

True! Atleast this site might help us with the exams :)

• Advertisement

I'm just thinking about when it's all going to over. First stop... THE BEACH!! :D
    Knowing my luck, it will piss rain the second I'm finished my exams :P

Advertisement