Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Sarahke wrote: »
    I know that I should know the answer to this but what's the difference between the Anglo Irish treaty and Anglo Irish relations? :/

That really confused me for ages too!! If a question comes up on the treaty it's usually just the negotiations so you just write about what happened during the negotiations, delegations, problems they faced etc etc.

Whereas Anglo Irish relations is basically the relationship between Ireland and Britain. That's usually the two Irish Governments (Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fáíl) and how they dealt with their relations with Britain in two different ways etc.

Hope you understood that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Six hours with about ten breaks!

Alright cool I do about 6 hours aswel if you subtract all the times I go on my phone for boards, twitter and Facebook . I'm not even studying for the 6 hours I do, I just keep writing and writing and say what I'm writing out loud in hope I retain what I'm writing !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

That really confused me for ages too!! If a question comes up on the treaty it's usually just the negotiations so you just write about what happened during the negotiations, delegations, problems they faced etc etc.

Whereas Anglo Irish relations is basically the relationship between Ireland and Britain. That's usually the two Irish Governments (Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fáíl) and how they dealt with their relations with Britain in two different ways etc.

Hope you understood that!!

We can talk about the Anglo-Irish treaty as part of Anglo-Irish relations though, right? It's the only thing I've properly revised for history so far, so I think I'm going to try to throw it in anywhere. I might even try to mention it in the document question if India comes up. haha :P

Hahaha hmm I'm not sure actually I haven't done an essay on the Anglo Irish relations because it came up last year so I'm hoping the Treaty negotiations come up this year! :D I think the negotiations came up on both mock papers so that's a good sign! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Has anyone got the Lifelines Home Ec book? I can't find where on earth Sensory Analysis is for some reason!!!

Pg 131 :)

• Advertisement

THANK YOUUUU! :) Ive been flicking through the book repeatedly for ages. Slightly worried myself seeing as we only did it in school a few weeks ago and I already forgot where it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

On the second day there shall be an upset in English Paper 2, more than likely in the Poetry section or Macbeth.

Afterwards there will be at least one thread on here complaining about it, and it will be the main talking point of the day.

On the third day there shall be an unexpected twist in the Geography paper, which will cause anarchy in the Leaving Cert forum with a number of threads springing up criticizing the SEC and a number of infractions given out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

On the second day there shall be an upset in English Paper 2, more than likely in the Poetry section or Macbeth.

Afterwards there will be at least one thread on here complaining about it, and it will be the main talking point of the day.

On the third day there shall be an unexpected twist in the Geography paper, which will cause anarchy in the Leaving Cert forum with a number of threads springing up criticizing the SEC and a number of infractions given out.

I won't even get the chance to come on here and complain because I'll be too distraught over how awful Maths Paper 1 was. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I won't even get the chance to come on here and complain because I'll be too distraught over how awful Maths Paper 1 was. :(

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

ya paper 2 poetry is panicking me. i have Plath,Bishop,Shakespeare and Wordsworth studied but i fear a twist this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Probably the first Leaving Cert prediction in this thread that we can guarantee to be true. Even if we do get Plath and Mahon and Bishop all at once, there'll be threads of outrage "YOU GUYS I THOUGHT THEY WEREN'T BEING PREDICTABLE SO I LEFT OUT ALL THE FAVOURITES WTF?!".. Geography is going to be a nightmare so we all may practice our waffling skills. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Probably the first Leaving Cert prediction in this thread that we can guarantee to be true. Even if we do get Plath and Mahon and Bishop all at once, there'll be threads of outrage "YOU GUYS I THOUGHT THEY WEREN'T BEING PREDICTABLE SO I LEFT OUT ALL THE FAVOURITES WTF?!".. Geography is going to be a nightmare so we all may practice our waffling skills. :P

I dont really see how they could throw us off in geography this year,surely they would follow the same pattern/question structure? would be pure harsh in geoecology if it came up on just one topic like soils and left out biomes completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

"No man of woman born will get an A1 in project maths!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    I dont really see how they could F*** us up in geography this year, What would make it different this year from other years, surely they would follow the same pattern/question structure? Unless geoecology came up on just one topic like soils and left out biomes completely

My teacher just says to watch out for tricky tweaks to questions. Like the questions are nearly the same year in and year out, but she says she's known people to just look at the keyword of a question, recognise it, and plough into it, only at the end to realise there a twist that they hadn't referred to.

In other words, they'll probably examine the same old material, but they'll try to take it away from the essays we've all learned off if they can at all.

We'll see, maybe we'll get a piss easy paper sure and we'll all have been worrying for nothing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I am getting so twisted after Chemistry it's not even right! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I am getting so twisted after Chemistry it's not even right! ;)

If all my plans come together I'm going out/drinking that Tuesday the Friday Saturday and Sunday with my driving test on the Friday. Starting the summer with a bang ;)

Anyone got any good movies to watch? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

cáca milis ;)

One of my all time favourites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

We should organise a Boards.ie smash up! I'll bring the jager! then.... we shall have a bonfire!!! And just before we get pissed, we will all utter "Mirror" By Plath,....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

kev44 wrote: »
    every school has the annoying people and im getting a feeling from some of ye....

What sort of feeling Kev?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

study13 wrote: »
    guys you are all freaking me out!!!!!!!! but this is actually addicting to log on to this every now and then!! my tummy is sore :(:'(

Boohoo.com isn't helping either...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Ugh... don't you just love waking up and you've tonsillitis and bunged up with a cold. My nose is like a tap! How am I gonna study... mega irritated face !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I said I'd get up at 7 to study yet here I am browsing boards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

If you're serious the 2010 version of MacBeth is a quality film with Patrick Stewart. Great for remembering quotes.
    stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Ugh... don't you just love waking up and you've tonsillitis and bunged up with a cold. My nose is like a tap! How am I gonna study... mega irritated face !!!!!!!

Take a sudafed followed by Beroca boost or vitamin C drink. I have the same problem before the mocks and it fooked up my result in English paper 1, I nearly fell asleep my story went from a guy whose father dies to the story of an assassin. If you take my advise you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

what are people doing for paper 1 composition in English ? has anyone got any essays I could learn off please ? im not able to write an essay on the spot ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    I dont really see how they could throw us off in geography this year,surely they would follow the same pattern/question structure? would be pure harsh in geoecology if it came up on just one topic like soils and left out biomes completely
    Geography is supposed to be fairly easy this year because the paper last year was apparently the hardest paper ever

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Anybody learning deception, appearance vs reality or the theme of evil for Macbeth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

django 123 wrote: »
    Anybody learning deception, appearance vs reality or the theme of evil for Macbeth?

If deception comes up, it would be fairly handy. All you really have to describe are the murders that Lady Macbeth and Macbeth committed, and how they decided to remain innocent when others find out, and how they covered it up. I'm hoping for the theme of Kingship, and I wouldn't mind a nice question on Banquo too much either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Free2be

Any French predictions ?
    Also for history I predict lockout with 100 years and all and treaty because it hasn't come up since 2009!

Advertisement