Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ok so I've gone through all the accounting papers (procrastination at its best :pac:) and I'm going to try and predict the paper. Dont take this as gospel but hopefully it's some help for people looking to cut down on work. I haven't looked at Q1 as I've never studied it.

60 markers :
    Depreciation
    Control a/c
    Tabular Statement

100 markers:
    Interpretation
    Incomplete Records
    Published a/c

80 markers:
    Marginal Costing
    Production Budget

• Registered Users Posts: 25 A Funky Unicorn

Would it be safe to learn the successes of Garett Fitzgerald
    All about the Impact of the ECC, RTE and the second Vatican Council for history
    Ireland topic 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 A Funky Unicorn

Free2be wrote: »
    Any French predictions ?
    Also for history I predict lockout with 100 years and all and treaty because it hasn't come up since 2009!

Do you mean the Anglo Irish treaty?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Free2be

Do you mean the Anglo Irish treaty?

Yup Anglo Irish treaty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Would it be safe to learn the successes of Garett Fitzgerald
    All about the Impact of the ECC, RTE and the second Vatican Council for history
    Ireland topic 6 :)

If you're in Higher Level I'd learn about the reigns of Sean Lemass and Jack Lynch as Taoiseach. Especially the former and the 1st program of economic expansion, as it's the 50th anniversary of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Ok so I've gone through all the accounting papers (procrastination at its best :pac:) and I'm going to try and predict the paper. Dont take this as gospel but hopefully it's some help for people looking to cut down on work. I haven't looked at Q1 as I've never studied it.

60 markers :
    Depreciation
    Control a/c
    Tabular Statement

100 markers:
    Interpretation
    Incomplete Records
    Published a/c

80 markers:
    Marginal Costing
    Production Budget
    Yeah I've predicted the exact same. It would be heaven if that was the paper but it's a little too nice and too predictable.... EXpect a twist id say. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

django 123 wrote: »
    Anybody learning deception, appearance vs reality or the theme of evil for Macbeth?

I'm probably going to look at Kingship and and I'm not sure which else, hoping for Kingship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

If anyone else had the DEB Accounting Paper (Section 2 was Interpretation, Incomplete Top-Down Method and Published), I think the real paper will closely resemble that. I don't know about q 2,3,4 as I don't do them but other than that it's exactly what I'd predict. I'm sure they'll fire in a twist somewhere though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Does anyone have essays on technology of warfare or propaganda that they could send me? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

for people studying kingship.. are ye focusing on Macbeths kingship or Duncan and Malcolm and all them?? Any one studying empire of the sun as part of the comparative??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Geography is supposed to be fairly easy this year because the paper last year was apparently the hardest paper ever

I would love for that to be true, but I unfortunately can see them sticking to their guns and ploughing ahead with this trickier questions.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Manatee212

Anyone have any solid predictions for biology? I heard transport in plants and then the usual food, ecology etc. for short questions, but anything for long questions?

Also! Any predictions for the elective one in home ec!

Manatee212 wrote: »
    Anyone have any solid predictions for biology? I heard transport in plants and then the usual food, ecology etc. for short questions, but anything for long questions?
    If you know the main topics like ecology, enzymes, photosint, respiration, DNA , genetics, the reproduction and bacteria virus and immune then your covered.. know them inside out and the expiriments espec the enzymes ones and then summaries for the rest.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

So guys its June 1st, its very close now! Please tell me you are all procrastinating too? :) My procrastinating has led to vigorous scanning of exam papers in order to predict as best I can! Too much cramming to be done.

English
    I'm going to have a guess that the theme of the paper will be 'Future' or 'Hope'. Not really anything we can do for paper 1 though.
    However, Paper 2:
    Macbeth: Kingship/Lady Macbeth vs Macbeth or Evil/Banquo
    Comparative: Theme/Issue and Cultural Context (Hopefully)
    Poetry: Bishop, Mahon, Shakespeare, Hopkins/Kinsella

Biology
    Short Q's: Food, DNA, Cell, Bone
    Long Q's: Genetics, Ecology, Photosynthesis/Respiration, Human/Plant reproduction, Eye, Circulatory System
    Experiments: IAA, Rate of Photosynthesis, Mixture of a few.

Accounting This seems far too predictable this year so I would expect a sting in the tail unfortunately! :(
    Sole Trader
    Depreciation of Fixed Assets
    Creditors Control Accounts
    Tabular

Interpretation
    Incomplete Records (Forward)
    Published

Marginal Costing
    Production Budget

Thats all I can draw from the exam papers at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

OL Irish anyone?

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    So guys its June 1st, its very close now! Please tell me you are all procrastinating too? :) My procrastinating has led to vigorous scanning of exam papers in order to predict as best I can! Too much cramming to be done.

English
    I'm going to have a guess that the theme of the paper will be 'Future' or 'Hope'. Not really anything we can do for paper 1 though.
    However, Paper 2:
    Macbeth: Kingship/Lady Macbeth vs Macbeth or Evil/Banquo
    Comparative: Theme/Issue and Cultural Context (Hopefully)
    Poetry: Bishop, Mahon, Shakespeare, Hopkins/Kinsella

Biology
    Short Q's: Food, DNA, Cell, Bone
    Long Q's: Genetics, Ecology, Photosynthesis/Respiration, Human/Plant reproduction, Eye, Circulatory System
    Experiments: IAA, Rate of Photosynthesis, Mixture of a few.

Accounting This seems far too predictable this year so I would expect a sting in the tail unfortunately! :(
    Sole Trader
    Depreciation of Fixed Assets
    Creditors Control Accounts
    Tabular

Interpretation
    Incomplete Records (Forward)
    Published

Marginal Costing
    Production Budget

Thats all I can draw from the exam papers at the minute.
    Enzymes experiment defo!! Also for bishop and mahon is the only qs you can get really are people are places and interesting questions, ephianies, style ?? Need help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Peeps... For Higher Level Irish essays..

If we were given a questions like " Sochaí Éireannach an lae inniu" or "Fadhbanna siosialta in Éirinn" could we relate that to anything??? Isn't it quite a general question so for instance we could relate it to either drugs, alcohol, abortion, violence, road accidents...

Am i right??? What do you think???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Macker17

stew.z.ger wrote: »

If we were given a questions like " Sochaí Éireannach an lae inniu" or "Fadhbanna siosialta in Éirinn" could we relate that to anything??? Isn't it quite a general question so for instance we could relate it to either drugs, alcohol, abortion, violence, road accidents...

You could bring in the recession and how the country has changed as a result of the Celtic Tiger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

How many Irish essays are people actually learning off..????

I'm learning 4 - Irish Language, Young people, Education system and the Media... Will i be ok with these four topics??

I have looked over the Gathering but i've a wierd feeling it will be a comprehension...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

How many Irish essays are people actually learning off..????

I'm learning 4 - Irish Language, Young people, Education system and the Media... Will i be ok with these four topics??

I have looked over the Gathering but i've a wierd feeling it will be a comprehension...

I haven't learned any.. I'm just learning phrases I can use in a debate (as that's the option I usually go with). I have a debate done on immigration so I might look over that, but other than that, it's just learning debate/essay phrases!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

for comparative how many paragraphs are you meant to have for cultural context and for theme and issue???

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leaving Cert Problems

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Enzymes experiment defo!! Also for bishop and mahon is the only qs you can get really are people are places and interesting questions, ephianies, style ?? Need help :(

Questions on Mahon could be about strong sense of place in his poems, sense of identity and national culture, interest in past in present, dark visions of life are interesting and atmospheric.
    Questions of Bishop, could be gives deep insight into her own life and life in general, unsettling themes and vivid imagery.

study13 wrote: »
    for comparative how many paragraphs are you meant to have for cultural context and for theme and issue???

I done an essay on cultural context recently and I had ten paragraphs. It was eight pages long and I got 80%.
    You should be aiming for six or seven pages in the exam. So I would say anything between eight and ten paragraphs.:)

Yeah basically, its a very broad question. If they gave us that it would be quite handy to be honest. I would throw in a bit on everything, recession, emigration, abortion, drugs, alcohol, education system, unemployment, bullying and of course just keep relating back to the title!

Any predictions for home economics? I've heard eggs are probable, has anyone else? Also I know about lipids being likely for question 1.
    And for Elective 1 has anyone any suggestions on what to focus on? Massively stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

I done an essay on cultural context recently and I had ten paragraphs. It was eight pages long and I got 80%.
    You should be aiming for six or seven pages in the exam. So I would say anything between eight and ten paragraphs.:)

aha six or seven pages :eek: damn no wonder i didnt do that good in english last year all i did was four pages or even three :/ id love to kill that teacher that told us three to four is good :mad:

Bonbon1995 wrote: »

Which enzyme experiment do you reckon?

For Mahon these are the questions I've come across:
    "People and places in his distinctive style"
    "Compassionate and personal, yet universal, expressed in a unique and varied style"
    "Everyday experiences of ordinary people"
    "His dark vision of life is conveyed in interesting and atmospheric poems"

For Bishop:
    "Interesting questions delivered by unique style"
    "Give the text of a talk in which you explain your reaction to Bishops themes and whats interesting about her style"
    "She explores tensions and conflicts in an intensely descriptive style"
    "She is concerned with relationships and the depth of human experience"
    "She explores people and places in poems full of vivid imagery"

aha six or seven pages :eek: damn no wonder i didnt do that good in english last year all i did was four pages or even three :/ id love to kill that teacher that told us three to four is good :mad:

I done nearly four pages in my mock but that was only with two texts.
    Our teacher told us regardless if it says compare two or more texts go and do the three because its easy to get mileage. Also you are higher level and the examiner is expecting you can compare three texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

All my class does 4-5 pages and we are all doing quite good in the comparative. It's all about content and the way you answer the question , not the quantity! I hate how people think the more pages you do the better you will do as that is so wrong.

Advertisement