Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

When is eoghan Jackson gonna let us know his predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

aoifemcg94 wrote: »

usually the day/2days before the exam. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

anyone have any predictions for art history?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    usually the day/2days before the exam. :/

AHH ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Gretog wrote: »
    Ok so for english heres my predictions, ive gone back through every exam paper since 2000 and tried to figure things out:

Poetry:
    Im not making definite guesses because ive prepared five poets well (plath, wordsworth, shakespeare, hopkins, bishop) so i dont really mind who comes up because I should be guaranteed a question but i really think Wordsworth has a very good chance of coming up as he has never come up before and isnt on next years course. Furthermore, Hopkins has only come up twice and Shakespeare once, both at the beginning of the 2000's. Seeing as theres no set rule on having women poets I wouldnt just study the women and hope for the best as although its 99% chance there'll be a women, they could always throw a spanner in the works. I also have a feeling they might repeat kinsella.

Comparitive:
    Im nearly certain they wont have theme and issue and cultural context together, I think it'll be a mix of one of theme and issue and cultural context and one of vision and viewpoint and literary genre.

Macbeth:
    kingship and banquo.

I have done a huge amount of looking into this, so of course i could be wrong and this is broader than a lot of predictions but I have a very strong feeling on the comparitive anyway that theme and issue and cultural context wont come up together.

I thought vision and viewpoint isn't on our course?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

For home. Ec why do we have to know 3 food poisoning bcteria if only one usually gets asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

aoifemcg94 wrote: »

I was thinking the same he's really taking his time lol

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Boards is starting to take over my life. hahahaha

Same haha I was on it last night for two hours going through all the pages , when I should of being studying haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Laura 18 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same he's really taking his time lol

Does he always get the predictions right?

Sarahke wrote: »
    Kind of off topic question but what do people think would be a good option to do in college, as in trying to get a job afterwards. I've no idea what I want to do :/

I'm the exact same , I really don't know what i want to do exactly my Cao has so many different courses on it lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

HugsiePie wrote: »

I'd say He's as good as we are! Heck, If the papers were so predictable, wouldn't everyone get an A. and I know the whole bell curve crap, but if you get it right, you get it right....

Sarahke wrote: »
    Ya it's the same as human activities like over grazing and all that. I'd look over how plants and animals are affected by soil and climate also.
    Yeah I have the plants and animals one, thanks :) I thought human was like deforestation,permant settlement, agriculture etc. ?

Not always ,last year he said Heaney and Plath for English which was wrong . But I heard he's usually right, just going to check what he says anyway :)

I thought vision and viewpoint isn't on our course?? :confused:
    ooh maybe not sorry i just have notes for it and we went though it briefly in school. I still wouldnt be so sure about cc and theme coming up together anyway because it went like this in this pattern

2009- Theme & CC
    2010- VV & LG
    2011- Theme & CC
    2012 VV & LG
    2013- I dont know but would they repeat the pattern again

just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

RoisinMD wrote: »
    so my teacher never did an exam paper comparative question...
    anyone have any examples?
    doing purple hib, sive, im not scared
    cheers

I did the Leaving last year and my first time answering a comparative question was in my English exam, nor did I answer the poetry question haha, you'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I don't know why people put so much weight in Eoghan Jackson's predictions. He just looks back over the papers and makes predictions based on patterns and what is due up. His predictions are as good as anyone else who is able to do the same. He got it terribly wrong last year with English.

I don't know why people put so much weight in Eoghan Jackson's predictions. He just looks back over the papers and makes predictions based on patterns and what is due up. His predictions are as good as anyone else who is able to do the same. He got it terribly wrong last year with English.

Exactly! What does he know that we do not? :P

Do you know for english in the macbeth question, if an answer comes up on both kingship and banquo and 90% of the country do kinship and you did banquo would it get marked easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

I done an essay on cultural context recently and I had ten paragraphs. It was eight pages long and I got 80%.
    You should be aiming for six or seven pages in the exam. So I would say anything between eight and ten paragraphs.:)

I hope you didn't say "I done" in your essay

Do you know for english in the macbeth question, if an answer comes up on both kingship and banquo and 90% of the country do kinship and you did banquo would it get marked easier?

I think its like this: you wouldnt be purposefully marked easier but subconsiously for an examiner to correct 26 kingships and then come across a banquo essay he/she might be so relieved and mark it better.

its why, despite the fact i love her, im avoiding plath unless i have to.

• Advertisement

Gretog wrote: »
    I think its like this: you wouldnt be purposefully marked easier but subconsiously for an examiner to correct 26 kingships and then come across a banquo essay he/she might be so relieved and mark it better.

its why, despite the fact i love her, im avoiding plath unless i have to.
    Yeah I get what you mean, they would get sick of doing the same thing over and over. If the come up I won't know who to do depends on the question I suppose

Yeah I get what you mean, they would get sick of doing the same thing over and over. If the come up I won't know who to do depends on the question I suppose

Your really better off doing what your best at regardless of how many other people are doing the same question, because a really good essay is still going to get the marks, just try not learn off samples from books or notes the rest of your class will use and form your own answers based on those points. T'will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Not always, he had Plath and Heaney predicted for last year, neither of which came up. His accounting was also a bit dodgy, but hey, you can't always get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

lc_2013 wrote: »
    I did the Leaving last year and my first time answering a comparative question was in my English exam, nor did I answer the poetry question haha, you'll be grand

Out of curiosity, what did you get in english?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Laura 18 wrote: »
    I'm the exact same , I really don't know what i want to do exactly my Cao has so many different courses on it lol
    Does anyone know of anyone doing midwifery ? desperate to find out info!

Does anyone know of anyone doing midwifery ? desperate to find out info!

My sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Does anyone have any predictions for business? I haven't even opened the book for business yet cause I've been focusing so much on other subjects. Tbh though it's fairly easy but still.. predictions so I don't have to learn off the whole book the night before??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Michbax

Anyone have a doping sports essay in HL Irish pls?? Never did one and have no notes on that and people sayin there is a big chance da would be up!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

My sister.
    savage..which college?

• Advertisement

savage..which college?

UCD

Advertisement