Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

UCD
    any way I could ask her a few questions without sounding like a weirdo hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

Michbax wrote: »
    Anyone have a doping sports essay in HL Irish pls?? Never did one and have no notes on that and people sayin there is a big chance da would be up!

I have heard of doping being tipped for french but not irish, theres very little about it in books and i dont know anyone in any class in my school or friends schools who have covered doping in Irish. I could be wrong and we could all be screwed but my teacher is a prediction nut and we havent done anything on it, just on general drug addictions ie, heroin and crime etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    any way I could ask her a few questions without sounding like a weirdo hahaha

Haha Em, she's actually working at the moment in holles street. she's in her 4th year. Just PM me the questions, and i'll get her to answer them. I could probably answer most, she's always talking about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Yeah I have the plants and animals one, thanks :) I thought human was like deforestation,permant settlement, agriculture etc. ?

Oh wait maybe you're right, I haven't studied the biomes too much yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

I'd say He's as good as we are! Heck, If the papers were so predictable, wouldn't everyone get an A. and I know the whole bell curve crap, but if you get it right, you get it right....

What is the bell curve? :/ alot of people are on about it :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Sarahke wrote: »
    What is the bell curve? :/ alot of people are on about it :/

Basically, each year they want approx 10% of people to get A's, 20% B's etc etc. If this hasn't occurred naturally (which it generally does. ie. Normal distribution), they will alter the marking scheme (i.e make it easier or harder) to get these figures.
    Basically, if you AND everyone else finds something really hard, they will through marks at you. and if everyone finds something simple, they will give very little for it.
    In maths, a high % will fail. in or around 30% i have heard. They cannot have this happen as they only want a 2% failure rate. hence they will adjust the marking scheme and give loads of marks for easy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Does anyone have a good essay on human activities on a biome , and kingship in macbeth? My class didn't cover these . Would appreciate it so much if anyone could send me one!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Does anyone have a good essay on human activities on a biome , and kingship in macbeth? My class didn't cover these . Would appreciate it so much if anyone could send me one!
    Yeah if anyone has any geo ecology essays please pm :( a picture will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

For English I'm only going over 4 poets and I know it may be very risky but after lots of research and analysing, I'm 99.9% sure at least one of Plath, Mahon, Bishop or Hopkins will come up!

Irish I'm thinking Oisín or Cáca Milis and Mo Ghrá Sa or An Spailpín Fánach

May be chancing it but sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

Sarahke wrote: »
    Oh wait maybe you're right, I haven't studied the biomes too much yet :P
    I think that's what it is anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

Eoin jackson put up his first predictioons for english. Plath, Mahon,cultural context and evil, ambition for macbeth

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Eoin jackson put up his first predictioons for english. Plath, Mahon,cultural context and evil, ambition for macbeth

where did you find it??

I was wondering that if I studied 3 female poets, will I be safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

shawnanana wrote: »
    For English I'm only going over 4 poets and I know it may be very risky but after lots of research and analysing, I'm 99.9% sure at least one of Plath, Mahon, Bishop or Hopkins will come up!

Irish I'm thinking Oisín or Cáca Milis and Mo Ghrá Sa or An Spailpín Fánach

May be chancing it but sure!

I only have mahon and plath, and a tiny bit on bishop. I know I could be in trouble with paper 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ILoveDance

I'm so screwed for geography! :( . . anyone HL predictions pleaasee! (:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Post the link please!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

It's ok, I got it ! :)
    I dunno though because he didnt say a character for Macbeth??
    Here it is for anyone
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kDEtT9grFto

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cp95

I am absolutely bricking it if cultural context comes up and there's no theme! My cultural context essay is actually written by my teacher so it's extremely hard to learn and make sense of yet I know my theme and issue essay off by heart! Do yee think both of them or just cc will come up?

ILoveDance wrote: »
    I'm so screwed for geography! :( . . anyone HL predictions pleaasee! (:

River Rhine, igneous rock, volcano, possibly interaction with rock cycle, landform of deposition, all the regional obviously including how to draw and label the maps, my option is the mnc's globalisation, colonialism, CAP, pollution (acid rain), conflict of interest and France, then the elective do the characteristics of a biome and human activities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

cp95 wrote: »
    I am absolutely bricking it if cultural context comes up and there's no theme! My cultural context essay is actually written by my teacher so it's extremely hard to learn and make sense of yet I know my theme and issue essay off by heart! Do yee think both of them or just cc will come up?

There's no point in trying to guess which one, learn two. You'll be fine.

Now I would advise you to divide your CC essay into the different sections then within those sections e.g. patriarchal society then divide it further into the 3 texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

Does anyone have an essay on kingship ? I done one the before Easter and can't find it now and really don't have time to so another . Would be extremely grateful .

• Advertisement

matTNT wrote: »
    There's no point in trying to guess which one, learn two. You'll be fine.

Now I would advise you to divide your CC essay into the different sections then within those sections e.g. patriarchal society then divide it further into the 3 texts.

I understand that for cultural context it has to be divided into certain headings and I know the essay im attempting to learn has done that I just can't see how or where so I can't just learn the basics of it but instead I'm trying to learn it word for word which is killing me! My teacher never really explained what cultural context is! Also the texts she chose are rarely ever put together by other schools and teachers so there's not much out there on the linking of the texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

cp95 wrote: »
    I understand that for cultural context it has to be divided into certain headings and I know the essay im attempting to learn has done that I just can't see how or where so I can't just learn the basics of it but instead I'm trying to learn it word for word which is killing me! My teacher never really explained what cultural context is! Also the texts she chose are rarely ever put together by other schools and teachers so there's not much out there on the linking of the texts!

Cultural context is the world of the text - setting, society, culture etc. A great phrase to have is it's a world where...
    Examples of cultural context are sexual relations, nurture, violence, religion, money + status and patriarchal society.

What texts are you doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

How many quotes would you need to know for MacBeth and your comparative study, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Out of curiosity, what did you get in english?

C2. It's not great but considering I spent the first 10 minutes of the exam crying like a baby thinking I was going to fail, and then again after, I was quite pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

How many quotes would you need to know for MacBeth and your comparative study, thank you :)

In the comparative, quotes are not essential. Basically you would get away without using a quote, however, they may be added and might impress the examiner to some level that they would give you higher marks.

In Macbeth quoted ARE essential. In every paragraph (half a page), I would recommend at least one quotes. There's no guideline suggesting that you must include certain number of quotes but generally 2-4 per paragraph which would add up to 10-20 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

guys i just realized that my paragraphs for comparative are a page long each except for the opening paragraph and closing - is that too much or what ??

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

lc_2013 wrote: »
    C2. It's not great but considering I spent the first 10 minutes of the exam crying like a baby thinking I was going to fail, and then again after, I was quite pleased.

you got that without doing a poetry question? :eek: your paper one must have been amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

study13 wrote: »
    guys i just realized that my paragraphs for comparative are a page long each except for the opening paragraph and closing - is that too much or what ??

What topics are you covering in each of the paragraphs? Are you having one paragraph to discuss society, patriarchal power, setting? If so you could divide these into sub-paragraphs. For example, patriarchal society could be divided into Male vs Female, Adults vs Children and Wealthy vs Poor, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

What do people reckon will be Q1 on Construction studies paper for the drawing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

What do people reckon will be Q1 on Construction studies paper for the drawing?
    In my opinion it's between cross section through a window (window cill) with a passive trussed or passive roof. There is a possibility that the fire place will come up also which is extremely handy.

Advertisement