Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

SecondMan wrote: »
    What topics are you covering in each of the paragraphs? Are you having one paragraph to discuss society, patriarchal power, setting? If so you could divide these into sub-paragraphs. For example, patriarchal society could be divided into Male vs Female, Adults vs Children and Wealthy vs Poor, etc.

like my first paragraph is setting, the second one is family relationship third is power and authority and forth is role of women than 5th is role of money
    like i was thinking cant i not split each paragraph up like having one paragraph talking about two text being similar than the next sub paragraph be the third text being different (btw just wanna make sure is a sub paragraph were you dont skip a line or u have too coz i dont want to show the examiner that i dont what a paragraph is you get me :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

Anyone got some Irish HL notes they can email me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    It's ok, I got it ! :)
    I dunno though because he didnt say a character for Macbeth??
    Here it is for anyone
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kDEtT9grFto

No kingship :/

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

you got that without doing a poetry question? :eek: your paper one must have been amazing!

I did the unseen just not the studied poet so only lost 50 marks. It is a fair amount if need high points I suppose but I just got lucky with my other questions I guess haha. And I wouldn't say amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

so...eoin jacksons predictions... no bishop !!!!!!!!! and CC instead of theme F U C K M Y L I F E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

I still have a feeling that bishop will be there :)

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    so...eoin jacksons predictions... no bishop !!!!!!!!! and CC instead of theme F U C K M Y L I F E

its ok dont worry you have plenty of time to do plath and mahon
    i mean learn quotes and their quotes arent really that hard to remember so dont worry thank god he uploaded that video today and not the 5th or 4th of june ;)
    plus ur lucky because if you no bishop than you have plath as backup just incase ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

lc_2013 wrote: »
    I did the unseen just not the studied poet so only lost 50 marks. It is a fair amount if need high points I suppose but I just got lucky with my other questions I guess haha. And I wouldn't say amazing!!

I'd be happy just to pass tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

He got this all wrong last year, study 5 poets and 2 comparatives and know your text and you'll be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

he only predicted two poets don't forget that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Theme in cultural context and evil/ambition in macbeth.... PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

So if Jackson is right...as much as I love Plath I'm gonna avoid her as much as I can, I can see them giving a bulls**t question or marking it hard or something. :eek:

on the other hand, if Shakespeare shows up I will start licking my paper in the exam. :pac:

plus its super likely that an irish poet is to come up so it could be either kinsella or mahon ;)

About to study Mahon for the first time, wish me luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

For quotes in single text is it essential to give act/scene where it took place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

mixery wrote: »
    For quotes in single text is it essential to give act/scene where it took place?

Give the context, always give the context otherwise the quote is meaningless. It's easier to do that by just explaining it rather than act/scene I feel, it also shows an understanding of the text rather than just learnt off.

For HL Irish: There are 5 poems, and 7 stories to study. I'm an external Candidate and I'm looking at the list of them and as far as I know last year our teacher never did Colmain from the poetry, and An Lasair Choille or Seal i Neipeal from the stories with us. Unless I missed the days she did these and never studied them lol. But I'm wondering are there certain poems and stories for each year to be studied, as in 4 from poetry and 5 from the stories for 2013? Just like English the way the poets change every year? I can't understand why I've never done them? #screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

For HL Irish: There are 5 poems, and 7 stories to study. I'm an external Candidate and I'm looking at the list of them and as far as I know last year our teacher never did Colmain from the poetry, and An Lasair Choille or Seal i Neipeal from the stories with us. Unless I missed the days she did these and never studied them lol. But I'm wondering are there certain poems and stories for each year to be studied, as in 4 from poetry and 5 from the stories for 2013? Just like English the way the poets change every year? I can't understand why I've never done them? #screwed
    Yeah, all you have to do is:
    For poetry: colscaradh, mo grá-sa, spailpin fanach, geibheann, an tearach thiar.
    for Prós: oisin, dís, gnáthrud, hurlamaboc, and cáca milis.

The others are an option in place of the play I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

You have got a choice with your Prós and Filíocht.

Prós
    Oisín, An Gnáthrud/Seal i Neipeal, Dís, Hurlamaboc, Cáca Milis/An Lasair Choille, so if you have studied An Gnáthrud you don't do Seal i Neipeal and the same with Cacá Milis, if you've covered Cacá Milis you don't do An Lasair Choille.

In our school we don't cover the Dánta Breise at all so I can't help you with that one.

study13 wrote: »
    like my first paragraph is setting, the second one is family relationship third is power and authority and forth is role of women than 5th is role of money
    like i was thinking cant i not split each paragraph up like having one paragraph talking about two text being similar than the next sub paragraph be the third text being different (btw just wanna make sure is a sub paragraph were you dont skip a line or u have too coz i dont want to show the examiner that i dont what a paragraph is you get me :) )

My paragraphs are roughly a page long from discussing the three texts and then a personal response. It's fine usually, at least that's what I've been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

For HL Irish..

Does anyone know any predictions for An Triail ???

I am an external candidate studying Irish at home on my own...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

study13 wrote: »

You could split setting into: Date + surroundings
    Family relationships: Parents vs children + family vs outsiders.
    Power: Adults vs Children, male vs Female, rich vs Poor
    Role of Women: (leave it the way it is)

If you have your structure like that then you will have 8 small paragraphs.

No a sub-paragraph is when there is a space but it's still on the same subject as the previous paragraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    For HL Irish..

Does anyone know any predictions for An Triail ???

I am an external candidate studying Irish at home on my own...

The dramatic techniques is what I'm thinking. Or else it may be a question asking about the role of men

ray2012 wrote: »
    The dramatic techniques is what I'm thinking. Or else it may be a question asking about the role of men

Really ???

I have also heard that we could be asked "the plat and charachters" and another person said her teacher said we could be asked about the "Teach Tearmainn"

Lort!!!!!

** plot

Really ???

I have also heard that we could be asked "the plat and charachters" and another person said her teacher said we could be asked about the "Teach Tearmainn"

Lort!!!!!

:eek: I don't want a question on any characters either than the main ones anyways! A question on the teach tearmainn? I don't see how a full question could be made on that..!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Really ???

Lort!!!!!

I've heard the 'Teach Tearmainn' too because it was very topical in the news this year!

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    You have got a choice with your Prós and Filíocht.

Prós
    Oisín, An Gnáthrud/Seal i Neipeal, Dís, Hurlamaboc, Cáca Milis/An Lasair Choille, so if you have studied An Gnáthrud you don't do Seal i Neipeal and the same with Cacá Milis, if you've covered Cacá Milis you don't do An Lasair Choille.

In our school we don't cover the Dánta Breise at all so I can't help you with that one.

Thank you that helps a lot, didn't know it was a choice between them, would have ended up doing them all haha. I'll have to find out about the Danta Breise thanks:)

I just don't know... mega confused!!

• Advertisement

Thank you that helps a lot, didn't know it was a choice between them, would have ended up doing them all haha. I'll have to find out about the Danta Breise thanks:)

You only do the Danta breise if you're not doing one of the texts (e.g An Triail).

Advertisement