Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Thank you that helps a lot, didn't know it was a choice between them, would have ended up doing them all haha. I'll have to find out about the Danta Breise thanks:)

No problem! I've got my book here at home, all the Dánta Breise are listed and there doesn't seem to be a choice with them.

Caoineadh Airt Uí Laoghaire
    Fill Arís
    A Chlann
    Colmáin
    Éiceolaí

As I said we don't cover them so I'm not sure but hopefully that was of some help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Is anybody doing an Dánta Breise for Irish? I'm unsure as to whether I'm to do all 5 poems or if it's a choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Quick Q, for theme/issue my theme is love, how many sub themes are expected of us? I have romantic love, unrequited love, plutonic love and sibling love, is that enough? :eek:

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    No problem! I've got my book here at home, all the Dánta Breise are listed and there doesn't seem to be a choice with them.

Caoineadh Airt Uí Laoghaire
    Fill Arís
    A Chlann
    Colmáin
    Éiceolaí

As I said we don't cover them so I'm not sure but hopefully that was of some help :)

Oh thanks so much! I did 4 of them last year so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do the other quickly even if I'm not supposed to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Oh thanks so much! I did 4 of them last year so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do the other quickly even if I'm not supposed to :p

Are you doing An Triail aswell ????

• Advertisement

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Are you doing An Triail aswell ????

No I'm not, there's a choice between An Triail or 5 extra poems.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

peekachoo wrote: »
    Quick Q, for theme/issue my theme is love, how many sub themes are expected of us? I have romantic love, unrequited love, plutonic love and sibling love, is that enough? :eek:

I say that could be enough or try and get one more in. My teacher always said to have around 5

No I'm not, there's a choice between An Triail or 5 extra poems.

I thought you were studying An Triail and the 5 poems.. I was just wondering as I would have said you that you were doing too much work :D

I thought you were studying An Triail and the 5 poems.. I was just wondering as I would have said you that you were doing too much work :D

No hahaha. Thanks though. I feel sorry for us External Candidates, so clueless...

No hahaha. Thanks though. I feel sorry for us External Candidates, so clueless...

I know!!! and i hate posting things up incase other people get irritated as my questions are quite random..lol...

Ok..

So for the poems.. we need to know basically everthing, images, feelings, poet etc..

For the pros..

know general story/ theme

For essay.. Pray the problems in society comes up so that we can write on enything...

Where are you sitting your exam??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Macker17

I've heard the 'Teach Tearmainn' too because it was very topical in the news this year!

What is 'Teach Tearmainn'? :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

In theme/issue we are doing identity. What sort of sub-headings could this come under?

I know!!! and i hate posting things up incase other people get irritated as my questions are quite random..lol...

Ok..

So for the poems.. we need to know basically everthing, images, feelings, poet etc..

For the pros..

know general story/ theme

For essay.. Pray the problems in society comes up so that we can write on enything...

Where are you sitting your exam??

Haha

Yeah that sounds about right.. I'm so fecked for an essay haven't done anything for it.....
    And a school down the road from me, I dunno if I'll be seperate from everyone or in an exam hall, the suspense!! I wouldn't mind being in a seperate room though, no distractions!

Macker17 wrote: »
    What is 'Teach Tearmainn'? :O

Literally the refuge house, the laundries really.

I'm hoping Eoin Jackson is right and Kingship is coming up! I've spent my morning learning an essay on Kingship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Literally the refuge house, the laundries really.

I'm hoping Eoin Jackson is right and Kingship is coming up! I've spent my morning learning an essay on Kingship!

Did he mention anything about kingship? :)

Did he mention anything about kingship? :)

Yep!
    Poetry: Plath or Mahon
    Macbeth: Kingship or Evil
    Comparative: Cultural Context :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Yep!

All I see for Macbeth is ambition or evil :confused: I hope kingship is up anyway! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Hey does anyone know when and what time the programme on 2fm countdown to the exams will be on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Yep!

No he said ambition or evil

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jenny_ODwyer

For geography its best to learn 2 features of erosion because everyone is expecting one to come up and she might change it to 2 features of erosion. (grinds school)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Like he probably doesn't know what the hell he is one about!!
    Does he even know Kingship can be examined? He even got the whole paper 1 comprehension guidelines wrong, he said you cannot answer question A and B from one text, true, but the most important thing is, you cannot answer 2 question A's or 2 question B's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Is anybody doing an Dánta Breise for Irish? I'm unsure as to whether I'm to do all 5 poems or if it's a choice?

There is no choice! You have to do all 5 :) My prediction is Fill Arís seeing as it's all about returning to your irish roots, and it's bliain na gaeilge but them again, it might be a little too obvious to put it on the paper. Fingers crossed though, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

For geography its best to learn 2 features of erosion because everyone is expecting one to come up and she might change it to 2 features of erosion. (grinds school)

I was told that at a revision course as well and I said it to me teacher and she said that on the syballus it says "feature" so they can't ask two. I still have a feeling that they will do this though but my teacher wouldn't answer my question for that reason. If it does come up as two features what answer should I use? I have the waterfall but what else? :/

HPMS wrote: »
    There is no choice! You have to do all 5 :) My prediction is Fill Arís seeing as it's all about returning to your irish roots, and it's bliain na gaeilge but them again, it might be a little too obvious to put it on the paper. Fingers crossed though, :)

Thanks a mil:)

Like he probably doesn't know what the hell he is one about!!
    Does he even know Kingship can be examined? He even got the whole paper 1 comprehension guidelines wrong, he said you cannot answer question A and B from one text, true, but the most important thing is, you cannot answer 2 question A's or 2 question B's

Just wondering if I had time left over (I had LOADS of time in my mocks) can I answer another comprehension, like say I did the q1 comp, q2 part B, then could I do the q3 comp as well as a back up and be marked on my best one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Sarahke wrote: »
    I was told that at a revision course as well and I said it to me teacher and she said that on the syballus it says "feature" so they can't ask two. I still have a feeling that they will do this though but my teacher wouldn't answer my question for that reason. If it does come up as two features what answer should I use? I have the waterfall but what else? :/
    Meanders or oxbow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

V shaped valley maybe, not sure how much you could get written out of it though. There is meanders/ox bow lakes. They are technically half erosion, half deposition but my teacher said they still count.

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know when and what time the programme on 2fm countdown to the exams will be on?

http://www.rte.ie/exams/countdownto306.html
    I'm not sure if that is this years one? I can't find a date on it. Might be worth a look though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Just wondering if I had time left over (I had LOADS of time in my mocks) can I answer another comprehension, like say I did the q1 comp, q2 part B, then could I do the q3 comp as well as a back up and be marked on my best one?

You can always do that in exams with a choice! But to be honest you'd probably be better off spending longer on your essay if you knew you'd have the time to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Should we start with the essay or the comprehensions?

Advertisement