Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Should we start with the essay or the comprehensions?

I read through the titles of the essays first - I just focus on short stories - then I go back and do the comprehensions because the essays are taken from them and you may get struck with inspiration ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Sarahke wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/exams/countdownto306.html
    I'm not sure if that is this years one? I can't find a date on it. Might be worth a look though :)

:(:(:( nope it's not right, as it says "For Irish paper 1 on the 13th June" Our paper one is on the 10th... thanks though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Should we start with the essay or the comprehensions?

I always start with the comprehensions because they kind of calm you down a bit, and you might be able to pull ideas/words/phrases from them to use in your essay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jenny_ODwyer

I was told that at a revision course as well and I said it to me teacher and she said that on the syballus it says "feature" so they can't ask two. I still have a feeling that they will do this though but my teacher wouldn't answer my question for that reason. If it does come up as two features what answer should I use? I have the waterfall but what else? :/

waterfall and a v-shaped valley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Haha

Yeah that sounds about right.. I'm so fecked for an essay haven't done anything for it.....
    And a school down the road from me, I dunno if I'll be seperate from everyone or in an exam hall, the suspense!! I wouldn't mind being in a seperate room though, no distractions!

Yep I was talking to the Vice Principal in the school I'm doing mine in an he was saying that I will more than likely be in a room with other external candidates but you'd never know.. Maybe its best not knowing til the day.. You won't be distracted.. I'd say you'll be fairly on the ball with being an external candidate.. well that's what im hoping.. are you wanting to do teaching too?? or have you applied to go to college???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

All I see for Macbeth is ambition or evil :confused: I hope kingship is up anyway! :P
    No he said ambition or evil

Guys ye are completely right! Sorry. Wow what came into my head? Well there goes that essay anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    Guys ye are completely right! Sorry. Wow what came into my head? Well there goes that essay anyway :P

Wishful thinking I'd say :P

AndreaEgan wrote: »

Ara stop it! Don't pass a second thought to that! He is not the gospel.
    I'd say we'd be doing very well with Kingship. Even if it doesn't come up, It still gives us great insight into the text.! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    :(:(:( nope it's not right, as it says "For Irish paper 1 on the 13th June" Our paper one is on the 10th... thanks though :D

I just tweeted them there asking :P I'll let you know if they tweet back :)

• Advertisement

I'd say we'd be doing very well with Kingship. Even if it doesn't come up, It still gives us great insight into the text.! :D

That too but you have to be able to adapt. If you learned an essay on Kingship and Elements of Macbeth as a tragedy for example, yet neither come up on the day, they can still be used. Say a question on Macbeth's character. We simply have 2 paragraphs about his portrayal as a king and him as a tragic hero. No study time wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Wishful thinking I'd say :P
    That too but you have to be able to adapt. If you learned an essay on Kingship and Elements of Macbeth as a tragedy for example, yet neither come up on the day, they can still be used. Say a question on Macbeth's character. We simply have 2 paragraphs about his portrayal as a king and him as a tragic hero. No study time wasted.

It certainly was wishful thinking! Wouldn't be a bad one to come up :) All true though guys, no study is wasted I suppose :)

Exactly.
    No matter what we do now, it's more than we knew 2 weeks ago so all study is productive study! :P

Just as we're on the topic of Eoin Jackson. I think he may have learned his lesson from last year. I saw him say on some comments of his videos that you shouldn't expect widely tipped things but "medium" tipped things. Since Wordsworth and Shakespeare haven't been on in ages they would be highly tipped? But Mahon and Plath have been on more frequently than the former pair.
    I dunno, something to keep in mind I suppose :p
    I have self made notes on 4 poets but I haven't started to learn them yet. Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I don't understand why people are relying on him as if he writes the paper! :pac: He's making the same predictions as everyone else has based on past papers :P

Jade. wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are relying on him as if he writes the paper! :pac: He's making the same predictions as everyone else has based on past papers :P

I'm not relying on him at all, I didn't know who he was until last week! :p I just am wondering what perspective he's looking at to get "Ambition/Power" in Macbeth and we all expect "Kingship/Banquo"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm not relying on him at all, I didn't know who he was until last week! :p I just am wondering what perspective he's looking at to get "Ambition/Power" in Macbeth and we all expect "Kingship/Banquo"

I just mean the people who are panicking that he didn't mention whatever poet etc. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katiyao

god I hope you're right.

Jade. wrote: »
    I just mean the people who are panicking that he didn't mention whatever poet etc. :P

Well as he mentions himself in that video, his poets aren't the best haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Yep I was talking to the Vice Principal in the school I'm doing mine in an he was saying that I will more than likely be in a room with other external candidates but you'd never know.. Maybe its best not knowing til the day.. You won't be distracted.. I'd say you'll be fairly on the ball with being an external candidate.. well that's what im hoping.. are you wanting to do teaching too?? or have you applied to go to college???

Yeah hopefully, we got this! No I applied for Nursing, I'm doing 6 subjects. Are you just doing Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

I have self made notes on 4 poets but I haven't started to learn them yet. Oops.

Hahah I've done 4 Bishop poems, I did Plath last year so hoping to just run over notes on her, and I just looked at Mahon for the first time ever today - External Candidate, never studied him before. Oops! I'm way ahead of myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

could we get asked a full question on Banquo? I've very little on him prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

I just tweeted them there asking :P I'll let you know if they tweet back :)

Cheers :) !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Anyone predictions been tipped on questions in Patterns and Processes in Human Environment elective in Geography?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If Bishop and Plath come up, I'm doing bishop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Anyone predictions been tipped on questions in Patterns and Processes in Human Environment elective in Geography?

I dunno really but I think patterns of migration in past 100 years in Ireland might come up and maybe settlement/historical settlement patterns?
    Now that I think of it overpopulation may come up but it is fairly hard to call! :L

Have you gone over the different land use models? I really need to go back over them,haven't done them in ages :P

If Bishop and Plath come up, I'm doing bishop!

Mise Freisin!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 padraig100

anyone any notion for irish essays and does anyone know if you get marks taken of if you write your diospoireacht in essay form? like no proper introduction or conclusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

padraig100 wrote: »
    anyone any notion for irish essays and does anyone know if you get marks taken of if you write your diospoireacht in essay form? like no proper introduction or conclusion?

Without a doubt you'd lose marks if you wrote your answer for a debate question in an essay form. I'm not sure how much, but I'd imagine it would be fairly severe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

ray2012 wrote: »
    Without a doubt you'd lose marks if you wrote your answer for a debate question in an essay form. I'm not sure how much, but I'd imagine it would be fairly severe.

Our teacher told us that it was perfectly acceptable to write it like an essay :confused:
    He said that there were no marks going for the actual structure....Please tell me is not wrong?

Advertisement