Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

international relations in DCU it's the only course I want if I don't get it I'll die.. there's something similar in UCD for 355 I think but really don't want to go there and be in a class with hundreds of people!!

What do you do in that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

I got 385 in the mocks with studying the night before everything ..so add in the bit of effort.. the orals..projects.. and attempting everything.. im sure to go up 45??? right??:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    I got 385 in the mocks with studying the night before everything ..so add in the bit of effort.. the orals..projects.. and attempting everything.. im sure to go up 45??? right??:(

Yes, this is guaranteed under Newtons third law I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Yes, this is guaranteed under Newtons third law I believe.
    Whats that? ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

barry194 wrote: »
    What do you do in that :)

you shouldn't have asked that question I'll be here telling you about it for ages haha!
    Its basically just foreign affairs and you learn about different countries and their foreign policies, the EU and UN and how they work and their laws etc. I'm particularly interested in the Middle East and thats a big part of the course I think. America and South America are also on it. And you can choose a language to study if you want as an elective module or something :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Whats that? ha

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Prodigious wrote: »

Just watched that, don't believe anything this man says.. he's just completely guessing..

Where is he getting his prediction of 'theme of evil' for Macbeth? That q came up in like 2004 and there's so many themes/characters and other aspects that have never been examined..

His poetry prediction is a general consensus, but people shouldn't take these as gospel just because he's seems like a legitimate character (an 'exam analysis expert' even) and he's posting these videos.

Be sensible!

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
    sounds complicated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

0mega wrote: »
    Just watched that, don't believe anything this man says.. he's just completely guessing..

Where is he getting his prediction of 'theme of evil' for Macbeth? That q came up in like 2004 and there's so many themes/characters and other aspects that have never been examined..

His poetry prediction is a general consensus, but people shouldn't take these as gospel just because he's seems like a legitimate character (an 'exam analysis expert' even) and he's posting these videos.

Be sensible!

He is a mug, some man for the beures though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Just the way he does his videos freaks me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

Anyone have an essay on Katanga and/or Race Relations in France they'd like to share? In dire need of it as mine have gone missing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

for macbeth im thinking Kingship and how we have a degree sympathy for macbeth

for comparative i pray for theme/issue

and poetry i think Plath and Wordsworth

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

My boyfriend did it in 2011..constanly slags me..got a B3 with looking at it the night before!
    My boyfriend also did it in 2011, didn't study for anything until day before and got 400 points...

This is a little reassuring! On the basis we get a nice paper of course :) Hoping that this thing about last years paper being atrocious and they're giving us a nice paper holds up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I am so scared I won't get the points I need. Cause then I might aswell just become a stripper to earn my living. I failed higher level maths and still got 375 in the mocks with only night before study.. and I need at least 420 to be guaranteed my course.. ugh I hate this whole points system why cant we be like America and get into college easily

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Anyone have an essay on Katanga and/or Race Relations in France they'd like to share? In dire need of it as mine have gone missing :(

http://leavingcerthistory.net/course-topics/europe-retreat-from-empire-1945-1990/case-studies/katanga/
    My teacher just printed off these sample answers for us, there's one on France there as well :) there's loads of sample answers on alot of things, well worth looking at :)

Luize wrote: »
    I am so scared I won't get the points I need. Cause then I might aswell just become a stripper to earn my living. I failed higher level maths and still got 375 in the mocks with only night before study.. and I need at least 420 to be guaranteed my course.. ugh I hate this whole points system why cant we be like America and get into college easily
    you will go up like 20 points between orals and projects :)) what course would you like??

I really hope so!
    Applied Languages UL! :D and then I have other language courses in UCD and DCU that I would be equally happy with tbh but UL would just make my life. You?

I really hope so!
    Applied Languages UL! :D and then I have other language courses in UCD and DCU that I would be equally happy with tbh but UL would just make my life. You?
    get out of town!! shnap! me too!! UL !! applied languages!!! aahhhh

get out of town!! shnap! me too!! UL !! applied languages!!! aahhhh

AHHH WHAT! This is crazy. If we both get the course we are becoming friends haha.
    The course was 405 last year but it's definitely gonna go up quite a bit I'd say since it's so popular :'(
    How many points did you get in your mocks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

This is a test of my memory...so here we go..

This is 5 paragraphs you can use for any essay on Race relations with a bit of rewording.
    Race Relations:

Background/Social Conditions:
    -After WW2 France was in need of cheap labour as many young men had died during World War 2
    -French relaxed immigration laws in 1947
    -In 1960 Borders opened to former French colonies of Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia
    -Formation of French Union and Community 1963
    -Immigrants lived in shanty towns called Bidonvilles
    -This did improve when they moved into high rise flats called Cites
    -Recession strikes France in the 1970s
    -Unemployment is up to 25% among North African immigrants
    - Youth violence increases:
    1981 - Rioting in Les Minuettes Cite after police search flat without warrant
    1981 - 3 day rioting in Marseilles
    1990 - Rioting in Parisian Cite after Thomas Claudio dies in motor cycle accident while being chased by police

Left Wing responses
    1972 in government to 1986, with Mitterand as president.
    Left wing government was pro immigrant as was their policies.
    1972 - Anti Rascist laws introduced - Stopped people making speeches to incite racial hatred.
    1977 - Repatriation assistance offered by Lionel Stoleru minister for education, this gave money to immigrants to move back to own country. Poorly subscribed as conditions were still better in the cites of France.
    1983 - Vote rights extended to immigrants

Right Wing responses
    Right wing came to power in 1986 due to failure of left wing to deal with problem of immigration
    - RPR under Jaque Chiraq were not pro immigrant.
    - Introduced a series of laws that restricted immigration, these were met with an increase in levels of asylum seekers
    -Code of Nationality law - children has to wait to 18 before deciding if they were to become French citizens
    -1989 - Headscarf affair - France's secular education - Jospan response

Rise of the National Front
    -National Front were formed in the 1970s in France by Jean Marie Le Pen a former member of the French foreign legion
    -National Front wanted to:
    End immigration
    Immigrants in France would embrace French culture
    End involvement and influence of the EU in France
    -The National front grew because of the disatisfaction of French people at how the government dealt with problem of immigration
    -1984 - Jean Marie Le Pen becomes an MEP - a seat which he never lost
    -1986 - National Front win 1/4 of the vote in Dreux
    34 seats in National parliment(most popular)
    Le Pen was always an outspoken politician and once claimed the Holocaust was a "detail"
    1998 he claimed that France's football World Cup was a victory for the National Front even though the majority of the team were the children of immigrants

Anti Racist groups
    Grew in response to growing racism in France and the rise of the National Front
    - 1983 - Avenir Minuettes was set up to tackle youth violence, it was set up in response to the violence of the Les Minuettes rioting.
    - Organised March of the Beurs in 1983 which was a mach from Lyon to Paris where 1000s of people walked to highlight racism in France, they took a petition to Mitterand for laws that would punish racists more severly
    1984- Convergence '84 - Less sucessful followup to march of the Beurs
    SOS Racisme set up by Harlem Desir
    -Sold Anti - Racist badges
    -Organised concerts promoting multiculturalism
    -Organised youth events against Racism such as sport etc.
    -1995 - Le Haine was a critically acclaimed film released at Cannes with Vincent Cassel (Oceans 12/13, Black Swan and Eastern Promises) brought youth violence and racism to the attention of the world.

Wow, this took along time :P

AHHH WHAT! This is crazy. If we both get the course we are becoming friends haha.
    The course was 405 last year but it's definitely gonna go up quite a bit I'd say since it's so popular :'(
    How many points did you get in your mocks?
    Defo pal!! I agree..SOOO many people want to do it this year.. including 3 people from my school.. :( I got 385 with looking over stuff the night before...I did get quite a lot of info from boards tho!! :/ did you book accommodation??

Defo pal!! I agree..SOOO many people want to do it this year.. including 3 people from my school.. :( I got 385 with looking over stuff the night before...I did get quite a lot of info from boards tho!! :/ did you book accommodation??

Oh god that has made me even more scared haha.. I'm praying that it won't go above like 440 cause I won't be able to get anything more than that. No I didn't cause I didn't wanna pay the 250 euro to apply for college accomodation so I'm just gonna house hunt when and if I get the course you??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JOS2013

There's upwards of 40 people in my year who all want to do Commerce in UCD.

Oh god that has made me even more scared haha.. I'm praying that it won't go above like 440 cause I won't be able to get anything more than that. No I didn't cause I didn't wanna pay the 250 euro to apply for college accomodation so I'm just gonna house hunt when and if I get the course you??
    hopefully wont!! if I don't get it ill hopefully get teaching in mary I :P.. yup booked kilmurry!! :):):)

JOS2013 wrote: »
    There's upwards of 40 people in my year who all want to do Commerce in UCD.

Yeah I reckon all the businessy type course pretty much everywhere will go up quite a bit

hopefully wont!! if I don't get it ill hopefully get teaching in mary I :P.. yup booked kilmurry!! :):):)

Why didn't you put down DCU or UCD language courses? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 blingx

In relation to English Paper 2..I was just wondering what essays I should be looking at for Macbeth? Also does anyone have any predictions for ordinary level maths paper 1&2? For business what should I be zoning in on apart from the ABQ question? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JOS2013

Yeah I reckon all the businessy type course pretty much everywhere will go up quite a bit

Yeah but still it has me worried. Like if that's one school imagine what the whole of Dublin is like. 465 probably won't stay at 465.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 aoifejay

Does anyone know if they ask for aspects of drama in Macbeth ,can I talk about Tragedy and what makes Macbeth a tragedy (Tragic Hero etc etc) ???

Advertisement