Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    get out of town!! shnap! me too!! UL !! applied languages!!! aahhhh
    Luize wrote: »
    AHHH WHAT! This is crazy. If we both get the course we are becoming friends haha.
    The course was 405 last year but it's definitely gonna go up quite a bit I'd say since it's so popular :'(
    How many points did you get in your mocks?

Me three! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JOS2013

blingx wrote: »
    In relation to English Paper 2..I was just wondering what essays I should be looking at for Macbeth? Also does anyone have any predictions for ordinary level maths paper 1&2? For business what should I be zoning in on apart from the ABQ question? :)

ABQ this year is coming from units 5,6 and 7 in my book (don't know if its the same for you) which is setting up and starting a business, identifying opportunities and global business and government role in business.
    People in business and the acts come up every year and so does managing. I'd closely look at the EU bodies and policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 blingx

Yes it's the same for me, hence why I was just wondering :) I hope the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 comes up, its the easiest.. I haven't a clue about the consumer protection act 2008! ok thanks :D

aoifejay wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they ask for aspects of drama in Macbeth ,can I talk about Tragedy and what makes Macbeth a tragedy (Tragic Hero etc etc) ???

Definitely, but let's take a question I've seen before stating that Macbeth is "the essence of pure drama." You would have to relate each aspect of tragedy and the tragic process and relate it to Macbeth as a 'drama' so discuss audience etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

ray2012 wrote: »
    Me three! ;):D

Wooo! :D what languages you thinking of doing? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Why didn't you put down DCU or UCD language courses? :P
    No interest in Dublin.. no offence to you all..im only a small country girl from Kerry!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Macbeth being a "compelling drama" has been asked one or twice.. What exactly would go in that answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Macbeth being a "compelling drama" has been asked one or twice.. What exactly would go in that answer?

4 main paragraphs:
    compelling plot
    fascinating main character
    Timeless, universal themes
    Poetic/sophisticated language and imagery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

4 main paragraphs:
    compelling plot
    fascinating main character
    Timeless, universal themes
    Poetic/sophisticated language and imagery

I'd also add in the intrigue of the supernatural or something of that nature aswell as what makes any drama good, which is conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

We never did language/imagery, my teacher said if it comes up do the other question! could I just leave that out and then put in the supernatural thing and then other characters, not only Macbeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

Sarahke wrote: »
    http://leavingcerthistory.net/course-topics/europe-retreat-from-empire-1945-1990/case-studies/katanga/
    My teacher just printed off these sample answers for us, there's one on France there as well :) there's loads of sample answers on alot of things, well worth looking at :)

you are amazing, thank you so much <3

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

matTNT wrote: »
    This is a test of my memory...so here we go..

This is 5 paragraphs you can use for any essay on Race relations with a bit of rewording.
    Race Relations:

Background/Social Conditions:
    -After WW2 France was in need of cheap labour as many young men had died during World War 2
    -French relaxed immigration laws in 1947
    -In 1960 Borders opened to former French colonies of Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia
    -Formation of French Union and Community 1963
    -Immigrants lived in shanty towns called Bidonvilles
    -This did improve when they moved into high rise flats called Cites
    -Recession strikes France in the 1970s
    -Unemployment is up to 25% among North African immigrants
    - Youth violence increases:
    1981 - Rioting in Les Minuettes Cite after police search flat without warrant
    1981 - 3 day rioting in Marseilles
    1990 - Rioting in Parisian Cite after Thomas Claudio dies in motor cycle accident while being chased by police

Left Wing responses
    1972 in government to 1986, with Mitterand as president.
    Left wing government was pro immigrant as was their policies.
    1972 - Anti Rascist laws introduced - Stopped people making speeches to incite racial hatred.
    1977 - Repatriation assistance offered by Lionel Stoleru minister for education, this gave money to immigrants to move back to own country. Poorly subscribed as conditions were still better in the cites of France.
    1983 - Vote rights extended to immigrants

Right Wing responses
    Right wing came to power in 1986 due to failure of left wing to deal with problem of immigration
    - RPR under Jaque Chiraq were not pro immigrant.
    - Introduced a series of laws that restricted immigration, these were met with an increase in levels of asylum seekers
    -Code of Nationality law - children has to wait to 18 before deciding if they were to become French citizens
    -1989 - Headscarf affair - France's secular education - Jospan response

Rise of the National Front
    -National Front were formed in the 1970s in France by Jean Marie Le Pen a former member of the French foreign legion
    -National Front wanted to:
    End immigration
    Immigrants in France would embrace French culture
    End involvement and influence of the EU in France
    -The National front grew because of the disatisfaction of French people at how the government dealt with problem of immigration
    -1984 - Jean Marie Le Pen becomes an MEP - a seat which he never lost
    -1986 - National Front win 1/4 of the vote in Dreux
    34 seats in National parliment(most popular)
    Le Pen was always an outspoken politician and once claimed the Holocaust was a "detail"
    1998 he claimed that France's football World Cup was a victory for the National Front even though the majority of the team were the children of immigrants

Anti Racist groups
    Grew in response to growing racism in France and the rise of the National Front
    - 1983 - Avenir Minuettes was set up to tackle youth violence, it was set up in response to the violence of the Les Minuettes rioting.
    - Organised March of the Beurs in 1983 which was a mach from Lyon to Paris where 1000s of people walked to highlight racism in France, they took a petition to Mitterand for laws that would punish racists more severly
    1984- Convergence '84 - Less sucessful followup to march of the Beurs
    SOS Racisme set up by Harlem Desir
    -Sold Anti - Racist badges
    -Organised concerts promoting multiculturalism
    -Organised youth events against Racism such as sport etc.
    -1995 - Le Haine was a critically acclaimed film released at Cannes with Vincent Cassel (Oceans 12/13, Black Swan and Eastern Promises) brought youth violence and racism to the attention of the world.

Wow, this took along time :P

thank you so much <3

AHHHH MY SISTER JUST GOT ANOUNCED AS THE SA ROSE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

you are amazing, thank you so much <3

No bother :)

Wooo! :D what languages you thinking of doing? :)

French, Spanish and Japanese! What about you? :)

Any update on the accommodation? last time we spoke you were I gcas idir dhá chomhairle ;)

Any update on the accommodation? last time we spoke you were I gcas idir dhá chomhairle ;)

Haha, nope no real update on it! :pac:
    I'm set on staying off-campus, and I know where too :D It's an off-campus student accommodation so it'll be grand! :cool:

I'd also add in the intrigue of the supernatural or something of that nature aswell as what makes any drama good, which is conflict.

all under compelling plot baby girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

AHHHH MY SISTER JUST GOT ANOUNCED AS THE SA ROSE :D

What's the sa rose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

all under compelling plot baby girl

Huh?

• Advertisement

What's the sa rose?
    south Australian rose, for the rose of Tralee 2013 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

south Australian rose, for the rose of Tralee 2013 :D:D

Nice! Are you Australian? Also, when is it on ?

Huh?

Yuh

Nice! Are you Australian? Also, when is it on ?
    no no haha I live half an hour away from tralee, she moved to oz two years ago so she applied because you need to be irish..haha its on in august :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

no no haha I live half an hour away from tralee, she moved to oz two years ago so she applied because you need to be irish..haha its on in august :))

Aww congrats to her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

What do you think the Land Reform question will be if it comes up? All I have an essay on is "Land Purchase 1870-1914 w/ reference to Conservative/Liberal involvement". If it came up as anything else I'd be lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

In paper 1, how do ye guys suggest to go about answering Question A?
    For questions that have 15/ 20 marks , how long do ye suggest the answers should roughly be ? And for a 15 marker, 3 points should be given, and for a 20 marker, 4 points should be given?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

15 marks 3/4 page to 1page max. 20 mark 1 and a qaurter to 1 and a half

Aww congrats to her! :)
    Aw thanks!! more distractions :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

German, Spanish and Japanese :D

Advertisement