Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Luize wrote: »
    German, Spanish and Japanese :D
    do you do german for the lc? theres something that puts me off it for some weird reason :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    do you do german for the lc? theres something that puts me off it for some weird reason :/

Yup! I did French and German for the JC but was forced to choose only one for the LC and German is the most amazing sounding language in the world so there was no competition <3 lol I love it.
    Which languages do you wanna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Did some research on Macbeth theme questions from the examinations.ie.
    It looks like they never repeated theme questions.. So far they've asked Evil,Kingship,Power. Which means that we're only left with Supernatural and Appearance vs reality :(
    * Praying that they will repeat 1 of the themes again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

anyone got sample essays for paper 1 that I could have r question b ideas please ? :)

Does anyone know if you need to bring ID on Wednesday? My mom seems to think we do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Does anyone know if you need to bring ID on Wednesday? My mom seems to think we do

No we don't :) for that reason I would happily pay someone else to go in and sit my exams :P

Sarahke wrote: »
    No we don't :) for that reason I would happily pay someone else to go in and sit my exams :P

Oh god but imagine if you had a really smart identical twin? Like that would be 600 points in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whacker72

Any predictions/Key topics to study for the business ABQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Oh god but imagine if you had a really smart identical twin? Like that would be 600 points in the bag

I wish :P I suggested to one of my really smart friends that she could put my exam number on her exams and I'll put my her exam number on mine, if only :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

padraig100 wrote: »
    anyone any notion for irish essays and does anyone know if you get marks taken of if you write your diospoireacht in essay form? like no proper introduction or conclusion?

My teacher went to an in service a couple of weeks ago and she told us that they said you only lose 5 marks now for writing a debate as an essay! She couldn't believe it but apparently the marking scheme has been changed so that it is even more focused on your standard of irish! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

RML wrote: »
    It looks like they never repeated theme questions.. So far they've asked Evil,Kingship,Power. Which means that we're only left with Supernatural and Appearance vs reality :(

Ooh thats interesting, did you check all the way back to 1995 on examinations? I wouldnt get too worried because im sure they must have repeated some theme questions, they have only papers from 1995 on examinations.ie but macbeth has been asked for decades now on the LC course and its one of the shorter shakespeare plays so they will have to start repeating Q's. Definitely worth looking at supernatural and A&R but i wouldnt dismiss the other themes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Gretog wrote: »
    Ooh thats interesting, did you check all the way back to 1995 on examinations? I wouldnt get too worried because im sure they must have repeated some theme questions, they have only papers from 1995 on examinations.ie but macbeth has been asked for decades now on the LC course and its one of the shorter shakespeare plays so they will have to start repeating Q's. Definitely worth looking at supernatural and A&R but i wouldnt dismiss the other themes

all the questions are listed on the first page of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Look at me being all helpful... I feel like Spurious lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katiyao

Sounds like we're on the same boat! I'm terrible at Irish, can't speak a word! But have been getting through honours quite well. All I do is literally learn the essays word for word. I dont know if that's any help to you but it's gotten me through! Are you doing HL?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

Anyone have any predictions for HOMEEC other than lipids and poverty I literally haven't opened a book for that yet

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

I know the mock papers aren't exactly 'predictions' and teachers warn us not to rely on them, but does anyone know how accurate last years Debs paper was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

In the history exam, when they ask an essay question that includes "one or more of the following: choice 1, choice 2 and/or choice 3" , what is the best way to approach that sort of question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

For geography, India will hardly come up as the map for the third year in a row will it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

RML wrote: »

guys dont forget that they changed the person thats in charge of the english leaving cert making of the paper or something like that last year so like my point is that it might be pointless trying to predict whats gonna come up because she would want to do things her way - right

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Does anyone know how long each essay should be in Classical studies? You have 30 mins per essay and have to do 6...the marking schemes say "a substantial paragraph", but that seems pretty short by my reckoning...most of my essays are between 2 and 3 pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

The fact this thread is so quiet today worries me... I should probably have started my study for today already!
    Anyone got any more updates on English?
    I have 5 poets looked at, Evil, Kingship and the characters of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth gone over and I'll spend tomorrow looking at Comparative!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

quite like my timetable, well spaced out plenty of time to study between exams. english paper one i am of the opinion that you cant fully study for it and nobody knows whats coming up, just know how long your answers should be . for paper 2 im hopefully of Mahon or wordsworth and i think i could cope with any q from the comparative and mac beth

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TALKER92

if teach tearmann comes up im ****ed anyone else also afraid that the wont understand thetitle of the irish aistes on the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TALKER92

also anyone on here interested in the new law and social science degree in ucd and what sort of points id need for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

in an isotacy q what would you be saying generally?? Anythng got to do with the drainage patterns on the opposite page??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

I just read this online, if you don't want to do well in English write this:

The character Macbeth is shown to be very evil in Macbeth, written by William Shakespeare. He was not evil until he becomes tempted by the Witches prophecies. Macbeth was a noble man until he was tempted by evil. The evil consumed him overtime, from all the murders he commits, and from trying to interfere with the witches prophecies. Macbeth would not be evil had he not been prophesied to be a king, or had he been influenced to commit crimes from Lady Macbeth, or from his temptations of rising to power.

Macbeth was an honorable man through most of the play. He knew that the evil acts he committed were wrong, until the end of the book when he goes on a killing spree. When he kills Young Siward, Banquo, and the Macduffs he is pure evil. He turned into a cruel tyrant from being paranoid of others taking his throne. He rose to power by being evil, and tried to stay in power by being an evil, and cruel tyrant. When he'd kill people he'd mock there dead bodies, and that is very evil to be trash talking to someone that you've just killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NGA_LuAbu

Anyone have any tips for English paper 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

NGA_LuAbu wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for English paper 1?

Learn Formatting of letters,speeches and brochures for possible Question B's

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

know what to look for in the comprehensions because they tend to ask the features/elements of the style of writing - imagery, language, style, techniques (metaphors, alliteration etc), directing/engaging with audience, symbolism etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

Could anyone predict points for these courses I happen to be studying for :rolleyes:
    TCD Veterinary Medicine ('12- 580)
    TCD Radiation Therapy ('12- 535)
    UCD Radiography ('12- 555)
    TCD/DIT Human Nutrition & Dietetics ('12- 555)

I mean, Veterinary can't go up anymore. I'm hoping these won't rise too much, I would be so disappointed to do anything else other than these 4. :mad::(

Advertisement