Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

matTNT wrote: »
    I just read this online, if you don't want to do well in English write this:

The character Macbeth is shown to be very evil in Macbeth, written by William Shakespeare. He was not evil until he becomes tempted by the Witches prophecies. Macbeth was a noble man until he was tempted by evil. The evil consumed him overtime, from all the murders he commits, and from trying to interfere with the witches prophecies. Macbeth would not be evil had he not been prophesied to be a king, or had he been influenced to commit crimes from Lady Macbeth, or from his temptations of rising to power.

Macbeth was an honorable man through most of the play. He knew that the evil acts he committed were wrong, until the end of the book when he goes on a killing spree. When he kills Young Siward, Banquo, and the Macduffs he is pure evil. He turned into a cruel tyrant from being paranoid of others taking his throne. He rose to power by being evil, and tried to stay in power by being an evil, and cruel tyrant. When he'd kill people he'd mock there dead bodies, and that is very evil to be trash talking to someone that you've just killed.

should get marks for making the examiner laugh after a long day of correcting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Could anyone predict points for these courses I happen to be studying for :rolleyes:
    TCD Veterinary Medicine ('12- 580)
    TCD Radiation Therapy ('12- 535)
    UCD Radiography ('12- 555)
    TCD/DIT Human Nutrition & Dietetics ('12- 555)

I mean, Veterinary can't go up anymore. I'm hoping these won't rise too much, I would be so disappointed to do anything else other than these 4. :mad::(

http://www2.cao.ie/app_stats/pdf/appstats01feb2013.pdf

Heres some CAO statistics for this year might give you some idea.

should get marks for making the examiner laugh after a long day of correcting!

Realistically could you? My friend in the pre said "Duncan went for a sleepover in macbeths castle and a pillowfight turned into a bloodbath." and multiple references of Banquo's and Macbeth's bromance. she got marked pretty good. xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Wouldn't it be every Irish persons dream to get a question in the English paper to write a weather forecast for the week :) if only they were that nice .. 22degrees tomorrow :O

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Realistically could you? My friend in the pre said "Duncan went for a sleepover in macbeths castle and a pillowfight turned into a bloodbath." and multiple references of Banquo's and Macbeth's bromance. she got marked pretty good. xD

no but it would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

Does anyone think that these artists will come up in the European Art part of the Art History exam?
    Leonardo Da Vinci
    Michelangelo
    Sandro Botticelli

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Does anyone have a sample answer on a v shaped valley? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Tommyrawr wrote: »

Oh my god Iaughed so hard at this. Defo gonna include it if I can't think of anything else to say hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Does anyone have a Shakespeare essay for poetry or even notes??? :( I have nothing on him omg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone here have engineering predictions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

guys just wanna make sure was the mock question on macbeth (examcraft) one question was on macbeths downfall - thats macbeths character right??

study13 wrote: »
    guys just wanna make sure was the mock question on macbeth (examcraft) one question was on macbeths downfall - thats macbeths character right??

Yep it was a character question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

Would it be much of a risk just learning characteristics of a biome and how human activities impact on a biome for geography

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

TALKER92 wrote: »
    if teach tearmann comes up im ****ed anyone else also afraid that the wont understand thetitle of the irish aistes on the paper

Heard today people talking about the Teach Tearmann being "tipped" because the Magdalene Laundries were in the news around November or whatever but tbh I can't see that coming up like how are you supposed to get a decent answer out of that with quotes and all?! It's only in about two scenes anyway...!
    More likely to be in the aistes possibly combined with abortion? I really hope if the Gathering comes up it's with tourism and not with eisimirce because I have eisimrce well prepared but nothing on the Gathering!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Would it be much of a risk just learning characteristics of a biome and how human activities impact on a biome for geography

I'm not too sure... but that is all I am doing! :)

For the Debs English Paper 2 mock, one of the Macbeth questions was 'Shakespeare's play Macbeth presents us with a clash between noble kingship and brutal tyranny'

Is that just basically kingship and then the evilness of his character? Or what would you include?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

TALKER92 wrote: »
    also anyone on here interested in the new law and social science degree in ucd and what sort of points id need for it ?

Never heard of it, yousure?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

Does anyone know how long each essay should be in Classical studies? You have 30 mins per essay and have to do 6...the marking schemes say "a substantial paragraph", but that seems pretty short by my reckoning...most of my essays are between 2 and 3 pages

We're always told no more than 3 pages and if its less but you have all the relevant facts then thats fine. Obviously if your doing roman art and architecture and things like that an answer will be less than 3 pages

do you have any predictions for the exams? we've been working off predictions for architecture & art but nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

What topics do people think for HL Bio? For long and short q's?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Gretog wrote: »
    We're always told no more than 3 pages and if its less but you have all the relevant facts then thats fine. Obviously if your doing roman art and architecture and things like that an answer will be less than 3 pages

do you have any predictions for the exams? we've been working off predictions for architecture & art but nothing else

I'm not doing art and architecture, I'm doin Athens at War (2 questions), Greek drama - Oedipus and Medea (2 questions probably), The Odyssey (stand alone question) and the Republic (probably one but maybe 2 if one of the drama questions is minging :P) are you doing any of those? if so I'll give you my predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

What do people think will come up for English Question B's Paper 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Any one else freaking out yet ?? :( Soo much cramming to do ..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gr8loolz

In geog, if you know dams, do you need to know the river rhine since thats flood control measures?

200c200c wrote: »

YES!! :( just realised i have nothing done for art history :( or well anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

YEAH!!!! :O

Thinking about partying so so hard is helping me get through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Thinking about partying so so hard is helping me get through

I just realised, Everyone I know is going to the strict club (they are 18) and I have no ID!!!!! :( Im gonna be on my own! at home! with the dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Ahhh thank god I'm not the only one ..:( Its so scary :( Hoping they go easy on us with a few nice papers although I'm not counting on it.. No doubt they'll have twists in all the papers. All the talk about the leaving being too predictable is rubbish.. They dot realise the work we actually have to put in , of course we want to get any tips or hints or patterns to help us through ! And all this work to be educated to emigrate ..So not fair..:(

LukeF96 wrote: »
    Does anyone think that these artists will come up in the European Art part of the Art History exam?
    Leonardo Da Vinci
    Michelangelo
    Sandro Botticelli

i think botticelli may come up, not to sure about the other ones. i think van gogh maybe!

I just realised, Everyone I know is going to the strict club (they are 18) and I have no ID!!!!! :( Im gonna be on my own! at home! with the dog!

That's a **** one.. Hate to be underage tbh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

lc_2013 wrote: »
    What do people think will come up for English Question B's Paper 1?

Paper 2 is hard to predict never-mind paper 1.. ANYTHING can come up. It really depends on the text that they use.

Advertisement