Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Roughly how long should a comprehension B answer be? jaysus wouldn't ya think I'd know this stuff at this stage!

2-2.5 pages :) is what i was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Tommyrawr wrote: »

Really? wooooo I tought it'd be another 4 pager, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I had a dream last night that I went into the English exam and forgot my pencil case it was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

I predict the weather is going to be amazing for the next couple of weeks, then when it's done, a nice drizzle of rain... fcuk you Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Roughly how long should a comprehension B answer be? jaysus wouldn't ya think I'd know this stuff at this stage!

No more than 2, my teacher said you can get penalised if it's too long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I think it's just hitting me now that the exams are tomorrow!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Don't over-elaborate on it. Keep it as short as possible (1.5 - 2 pages). I wrote 3.5 pages in my mocks which caused me to run out of time to finish my essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

I feel nauseous reading all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Tommyrawr wrote: »

I wrote four pages in the mocks. A good tip is for every five marks, write a paragraph!

I wrote four pages in the mocks. A good tip is for every five marks, write a paragraph!

You must be talking about the essay and not the QB right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Eoin Jackson makes me feel ill too. So creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

LukeF96 wrote: »
    I hope so, Botticelli's Primavera and Birth of Venus are easy enough ... I'll study Van Gogh too, He came up in the mocks and i done okay on him.

Could you tell me the Van Gogh question that came up in your mock please?? Degas came up in mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

SecondMan wrote: »
    You must be talking about the essay and not the QB right?

Ahh sorry I read the previous posts wrong. I was talking about QA. QB should be around 2 - 3.5 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

oh jaysus this time tomoro last page of the essay bucketing sweat

For Home Ec, is Value Added Food the same as Functional Food? Soo confused

Edit: never mind found it

I agree. I don't get why Eoin Jackson always has to have cringey moments in his video.Why can't he just tell us his predictions without making it feel like we're watching a dirty scene in a film with our parents.

hahahahaha that just made my day! He seems like a bit of a d*ck to be honest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    oh jaysus this time tomoro last page of the essay bucketing sweat

By the looks of it you are screwed...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

Luize wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I went into the English exam and forgot my pencil case it was awful

I had a dream just like that and no one would give me a pen so I had to leave without doing anything lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

About to start studying for the first time, anybody got any tips one what would be 3 solid poets to study for paper 2 that have a high chance of coming up? Studying plath at the moment, would mahon and kinsella be a good bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    About to start studying for the first time, anybody got any tips one what would be 3 solid poets to study for paper 2 that have a high chance of coming up? Studying plath at the moment, would mahon and kinsella be a good bet?

Maybe Bishop instead of Kinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Anyone have a good essay on ambition / evilness or something along those lines for play of macbeth? If you do could you please pm me one!

Laura 18 wrote: »
    I had a dream just like that and no one would give me a pen so I had to leave without doing anything lol

I had a dream that I was a pen in an English exam

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Anyone have a good essay on ambition / evilness or something along those lines for play of macbeth? If you do could you please pm me one!

I'd appreciate it if you also pm me one on ambition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    I'd appreciate it if you also pm me one on ambition :)

I'd really appreciate it if I could get that off you too please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rachfinn

i've studied Plath, Bishop, Hopkins really well for my poets. if i had to study one more what should i study? I find Mahon extremely exhausting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

any predictions for OL english

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

Barster wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate it if I could get that off you too please :)

I'd also really appreciate this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

By the looks of it you are screwed...
    Really??! Was there any need for that? If you're doing so brilliantly why bother comment on other peoples English and go off looking to bring your grade up :L d i c k s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EvM

rachfinn wrote: »
    i've studied Plath, Bishop, Hopkins really well for my poets. if i had to study one more what should i study? I find Mahon extremely exhausting :(

Maybe Wordsworth or Shakespeare?

Advertisement