Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

django 123 wrote: »
    which would you say is the more prominent theme in macbeth deception or appearance vs reality? can't decide which one to learn!

I was doing appearance vs. reality today and half way through I realised that answer could be manipulated and used for deception, they're very similar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

The poets we covered are Plath, Rich, Bishop, Shakespeare and Mahon. Which ones would be my safest bet? We haven't done Hopkins or Kinsella.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Could be a stupid q but never asked my teacher , if I draw a plan / map for the essay could I get marks for it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

Could be a stupid q but never asked my teacher , if I draw a plan / map for the essay could I get marks for it

I think so, yeah. Depending on the subject really!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roxyos

Does anyone know what Value Added foods are in HomeEc? I cant find them in the book anywhere :/

• Advertisement

Luize wrote: »
    Oh my god Iaughed so hard at this. Defo gonna include it if I can't think of anything else to say hahah

I incorporated humour into an essay on Banquo and got an A2. My teacher said he would encourage it in your opening but not too much as it looks like you're not taking your task seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

so effing excited lads wooooooo let's do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

roxyos wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Value Added foods are in HomeEc? I cant find them in the book anywhere :/

Just found them myself! It's under Food Processing & Packaging. It's a type of processed food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cassie2013

No unfortunatley you dont get any marks for this, but it is a much better idea than free-writing as you can always revert back to the plan if you get stuck in the middle of it or are running out of timing

If a diary entry was to come for Question B, how long should it be? I'm thinking not that long but how are you meant to get 50 marks for it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

lc_2013 wrote: »
    If a diary entry was to come for Question B, how long should it be? I'm thinking not that long but how are you meant to get 50 marks for it??

It's usually multiple diary entries you have to do like 2 or 3. Do about a page each for each entry and you'll be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

So here we are my friends. The time has stumbled upon us. 48 hours from here, there will either be outraged, upset users plaguing this thread giving out that Plath or Mahon didn't come up (me!!!) or users delighted because they did come up but have moved along and want to discover what lies beneath the Irish papers. Some will wait for Eoin Jackson's predictions but some will refuse to watch his videos for dignities sake (me!!!). Wherever you lie in this divide please just make sure you do your best. Exams are not the most important things in life. And I have learned this. My uncle had a fall on Friday and is on a ventilator and mightn't see day again and made me realize not to stress about the LC.. It is not a matter of life and death. Good luck to you all anyways and I hope you all do well :)

If I'm stuck doing a short talk I'll cry

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

Goodluck everyone :) ....I know ill need it :((

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Here lads, I can guarantee three comprehensions for English coming up. Don't say you got it from me though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

SecondMan wrote: »
    So here we are my friends. The time has stumbled upon us. 48 hours from here, there will either be outraged, upset users plaguing this thread giving out that Plath or Mahon didn't come up (me!!!) or users delighted because they did come up but have moved along and want to discover what lies beneath the Irish papers. Some will wait for Eoin Jackson's predictions but some will refuse to watch his videos for dignities sake (me!!!). Wherever you lie in this divide please just make sure you do your best. Exams are not the most important things in life. And I have learned this. My uncle had a fall on Friday and is on a ventilator and mightn't see day again and made me realize not to stress about the LC.. It is not a matter of life and death. Good luck to you all anyways and I hope you all do well :)

This is so true! Not the end of the world guys. Sorry to hear about your uncle too, hope everything is okay for him :)

Before I go I just want to wish everyone the best of luck! All that can be done is your best, and remember, regardless of how much you know, there is only so much you can physically write in a 3 hour exam. Keep calm and think of the sessions! Good luck, and I hope you all get what you're looking for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Good luck today. You have 2 hours, prepare a couple of ideas for the short story /article/essay, I have my dream story that I want to write, I hope it comes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

That was the worst Paper I I've ever done in my life. -_- I wrote such an absolute heap of bollocks. Oh well, off to cram for Paper II I suppose. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

state examinations people... please continue with nice papers. Apart from the B's questions being a little daunting (no letter or diary entry) I think it was a really nice paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Gretog wrote: »
    state examinations people... please continue with nice papers. Apart from the B's questions being a little daunting (no letter or diary entry) I think it was a really nice paper.

I agree. Here's hoping they continue with that trend or else many tears will be shed in the exam hall when Bishop, Plath or Mahon don't appear !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

So what did ye think of the paper guys ? My teacher reckons it was the worst she's seen in a while ! Had to do the talk for Q.b but it didnt turn out too bad :) Did Q.A on text 2 was tricky enough and did the reunion short story :) Pleased enough but could have went better !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I thought the paper went good. Although the question A's were just very exhausting. I done the talk on roles of television and radio, and although there really was a limited amount I could talk about (relaxation of music, news to inform them of what's going on, watching TV is an ideal way to reduce stress, good to watch TV or listen to radio to get a break from study). For section 2 I done the speech and disagreed with it. I spoke about heroes such as: Donal Walsh, Alex Ferguson, Praveen Halapanavaar (Savitta's husband), cop who was shot by Boston bombers , and the last paragraph on just people in general) I felt it went good. *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sayuriH

well paper 1 wasnt so bad. anyone got any ideas what could be coming up on paper 2?x

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Can someone please tell me for regional geography when you have to draw a map of let's say the Paris Basin/ Mezzogiornio or Brazil, do you have to draw it on graph paper or is it okay to draw in answer booklet? I know we have to draw sketch map on graph paper but what about regional maps? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Can someone please tell me for regional geography when you have to draw a map of let's say the Paris Basin/ Mezzogiornio or Brazil, do you have to draw it on graph paper or is it okay to draw in answer booklet? I know we have to draw sketch map on graph paper but what about regional maps? :)

Booklet is fine :) Just have Italy at a slight angle when your drawing it to get the marks for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mary189

Do we have to draw sketch maps an regional maps on graph paper for geography?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Eoin ackson has posted a video of his geography predictions, but unfortunately due to extremely slow connection speeds I cannot watch it.:mad: Would someone be able to post these here :) It's higher level geography predictions I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

* jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Eoin ackson has posted a video of his geography predictions, but unfortunately due to extremely slow connection speeds I cannot watch it.:mad: Would someone be able to post these here :) It's higher level geography predictions I want.

River landform, impacts of human activity on rivers, karst feature, human interaction, plates boundaries.
    map of Ireland, industries in Ireland, agriculture/industries in sub continental region.
    Industries/tourism in European, European map, MNC, globalisation, non renewable resources, Ireland and the EU
    He didn't predict biomes >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Sarahke wrote: »
    River landform, impacts of human activity on rivers, karst feature, human interaction, plates boundaries.
    map of Ireland, industries in Ireland, agriculture/industries in sub continental region.
    Industries/tourism in European, European map, MNC, globalisation, non renewable resources, Ireland and the EU
    He didn't predict biomes >:(

He left a comment earlier predicting Biomes to be characteristics, animal and plant adaptions and human interaction :)

Advertisement