Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Sarahke wrote: »
    River landform, impacts of human activity on rivers, karst feature, human interaction, plates boundaries.
    map of Ireland, industries in Ireland, agriculture/industries in sub continental region.
    Industries/tourism in European, European map, MNC, globalisation, non renewable resources, Ireland and the EU
    He didn't predict biomes >:(

Thank you :) actually he has left a comment with his geoecology predictions
    1. Composition / characteristics of a soil type
    2. Soil: Impact of human activity
    3. Characteristics of a named Biome
    4. Biomes: Impact of human activity
    5. Biomes: How plant & animal life adapts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Sarahke wrote: »
    River landform, impacts of human activity on rivers, karst feature, human interaction, plates boundaries.
    map of Ireland, industries in Ireland, agriculture/industries in sub continental region.
    Industries/tourism in European, European map, MNC, globalisation, non renewable resources, Ireland and the EU
    He didn't predict biomes >:(

He predicted Biomes at the end of the video, most people were complaining they couldnt see but it said characteristics of a Biome, human impact on a biome, Adaption of Fauna and Flora to a biome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I hope he's right, soil characteristics is my dream question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

What biomes are ye banking on? I'm finding them so hard to learn :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I have to laugh at this. Sure doesn't river landform and impacts of human activity on rivers pretty much come up every year anyway. Karst and plate boundaries come up pretty much every year as well, and failing that every second year. Hardly a prediction, in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Amycork

River landform??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Amycork wrote: »
    River landform??

Feature of erosion/deposition eg. Waterfall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Do they accept oxbow? I know its like erosion and deposition?

Amycork wrote: »
    River landform??
    Im studying
    Waterfall (erosion)
    Delta (deposition)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Im studying
    Waterfall (erosion)
    Delta (deposition)
    Would they ask for two landforms of erosion or deposit?

• Advertisement

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Would they ask for two landforms of erosion or deposit?

You would never know,
    If they did i would have meanders learned off as it includes both erosion and deposition processes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jenny_ODwyer

peekachoo wrote: »
    Do they accept oxbow? I know its like erosion and deposition?

V-shaped valley not sure if ox bow lake would get accepted cuz it's really not a feature of erosion technically

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jenny_ODwyer

peekachoo wrote: »
    I hope he's right, soil characteristics is my dream question. :)

Mine too :) but it could also be a bit specific and he could say how plant litter and climate affect a named soil

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blahdiblahblah

I am sooo confused about this,any help would be appreciated.
    For the comparative:
    When the question is split into two parts
    (a) discuss blahblah in one text on your course
    (b) compare blahblah with two other texts

Okay,so when you answer the second part do the links you make also have to link in with the text in a? Like as seen in wuthering heights the way in which blahblah can be seen in the other two texts..?

Or, do you talk about anything in a(that does not need to be linked with the other two) and then just compare the other two with eachother and not refer back to the text in a?

Does that even make sense? I dont know.

You would never know,
    If they did i would have meanders learned off as it includes both erosion and deposition processes.

Did someone not say before that the curriculum only states one feature?

can some sound person pm or whatever the lay out of cultural context or theme and issue ill do anything ! help a bro out

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

can some sound person pm or whatever the lay out of cultural context or theme and issue ill do anything ! help a bro out

Me too i am so ****ed for cultural context I'm just praying theme or issue comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Booklet is fine :) Just have Italy at a slight angle when your drawing it to get the marks for it! :)

Would it matter if you drew it on graph paper just to be on the safe side? :)

Laura 18 wrote: »
    Me too i am so ****ed for cultural context I'm just praying theme or issue comes up
    Me too gal pal! :( if you come across any CC please dontbe shy :( whats your general theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

I just put all of my eggs in the one basket and studied off by heart Plath and Mahon. taking a major risk here but i neglected english all year and studied everything else.. big mistake!! :( yeah as for biomes any ideas? i have the characteristics of the desert biome (climate,soil,flora,fauna) and human activities (overcropping,overglazing and deforestation) will i just keep learning these or does anyone think another biome (soil maybe) will pop up? thanks guys and as for paper 1 today, heap of ****e haha easy but just a rediculous paper haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

I am sooo confused about this,any help would be appreciated.
    For the comparative:
    When the question is split into two parts
    (a) discuss blahblah in one text on your course
    (b) compare blahblah with two other texts

Okay,so when you answer the second part do the links you make also have to link in with the text in a? Like as seen in wuthering heights the way in which blahblah can be seen in the other two texts..?

Or, do you talk about anything in a(that does not need to be linked with the other two) and then just compare the other two with eachother and not refer back to the text in a?

Does that even make sense? I dont know.

From what I know, you answer a on a text and you answer b on the two other texts. You don't have to compare your answer in a to your answer in b.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MartyP

praying for theme to come up. realy ****ed if social setting comes up.

yeah i have one man, its on sive, a circle of friends and im not scared. it only got a b3 grade from my teacher correcting it but if you want it, ill send it to you :)

Sean1996 wrote: »
    yeah i have one man, its on sive, a circle of friends and im not scared. it only got a b3 grade from my teacher correcting it but if you want it, ill send it to you :)
    My theme is war but just the structure would be perfecto! Ill pm u there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Amycork

Regional geography tips pleaseeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

For English poetry:

If you study 4 poets, the chances of NONE of them coming up are VERY slim. To be precise, 1/70, which is 1.4% :/

And if you study 3, the chances that NONE come up are 1/14, which is 7.1%.

I'm not saying at all that you shouldn't study 5. I'm just adding a bit of maths into the discussion.

Cheers.

EDIT: Assuming they're picked randomly, as the Department claims.

Random, but can I get the maths on this? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

Anyone else think urban development of LA is likely? Such a nice question.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Gretog wrote: »
    Ahh I see, we're doing Oedipus and medea, and the odysessey, but to be honest I dont intend doign Oedipus because we also Prometheus bound so im hoping to answer a Q on that instead,

Do you have any predictions for the odyessey?

My friend was telling me that for medea the role of creon and aegeus, the final scene, the role of children and ambition are all likely. Classics is so dense I wish it was on the last week!

Ugh role of children? Christ...well for the Odyssey I've done relationship between Penelope and Telemachus, Importance of loyalty and faitfulness, and the theme of hospitality and gift giving....

for Medea I think there could be a chance of Women coming up - hasn't come up since '09 despite the fact that it's a fairly central theme.

Yeah Classics is a bitch...I love it but right after history? a disgusting amount of work and writing will have to be done those two days

hiiiisam wrote: »
    Anyone else think urban development of LA is likely? Such a nice question.

My teacher told us that Urban development in Dublin (Harp scheme) was more likely to come up but you can only go with what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

Sean1996 wrote: »
    My teacher told us that Urban development in Dublin (Harp scheme) was more likely to come up but you can only go with what you think.

Thanks! I've totally avoided like all region except LA because it's the only one I like... Logic :cool:

Advertisement