Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MartyP

what would you really need to know for single text? (sive)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

hiiiisam wrote: »
    Thanks! I've totally avoided like all region except LA because it's the only one I like... Logic :cool:

haha I wish you good luck tomorrow anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ana27

Would I be ok with Mahon, Shakespeare and Plath? Ahh
    And if any essays on Macbeth- appearance vs reality I will love you forever! I have an A1 standard kingship answer so ill trade!! :) cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

In Macbeth, is it possible to get a question like this: "The importance of Banquo in the play" I have barely anything prepared on this :S

In Macbeth, is it possible to get a question like this: "The importance of Banquo in the play" I have barely anything prepared on this :S

Yes, you could also get a question on his character (personality)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Mahon is the only poet I know extremely well.. I half know kinsella.. please let mahon come up... please... please. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

The only MacB essays I have are:
    MacBeth character.
    Kingship.
    Forces of Evil.

What are my odds?

Elceeney wrote: »
    MacBeth character.
    Kingship.
    Forces of Evil.

What are my odds?

There are tonnes of questions that could come up and only two will, I don't think they would be great to be honest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Elceeney wrote: »
    MacBeth character.
    Kingship.
    Forces of Evil.

What are my odds?

not bad they are likely , do the relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

If you know the story of Macbeth and a good few quotes you should manage the question . I don't believe in learning off about 10 essays and then having a breakdown on the day because they didn't come up !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Macker17

Ana27 wrote: »
    Would I be ok with Mahon, Shakespeare and Plath? Ahh
    And if any essays on Macbeth- appearance vs reality I will love you forever! I have an A1 standard kingship answer so ill trade!! :) cheers

I have sent you a message with a link to something I have found online in the last few days regarding "appearance vs reality" :) hope it helps you in some way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    not bad they are likely , do the relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth too :)

I actually have bullet points on an essay for that. I'm just going to learn the bones of it, a few quotes and commence prayer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Mahon is the only poet I know extremely well.. I half know kinsella.. please let mahon come up... please... please. :'(

Haha same here, although I nearly know Kinsella well now.. Just finishing touches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Does anyone have any notes/essays/links to material on Lady Macbeth and Macbeth as characters? Surprisingly, I just have very little on her contribution to his downfall... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TALKER92

will i be ok with kingship the witches apperance vs reality evil lady macbeth banquo and language and imagery in macbeth ?

TALKER92 wrote: »
    will i be ok with kingship the witches apperance vs reality evil lady macbeth banquo and language and imagery in macbeth ?

More than likely ;)

listen popele do the three old poets hopkins shakespeare and wordsworth ..will be na esay questiona nd yous will all be kicking yourselves tomoro

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    can some sound person pm or whatever the lay out of cultural context or theme and issue ill do anything ! help a bro out

http://studynotes.ie/leaving-cert/english/casablanca-historical-and-cultural-context/

I know this isn't really an answer or anything and ya mightn't be doing Casablanca but it might just give ya a good idea what cultural context is about and all! Sorry it mightn't even be a help but thats a good website in general for notes...especially for Macbeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jenny_ODwyer

Sean1996 wrote: »
    I just put all of my eggs in the one basket and studied off by heart Plath and Mahon. taking a major risk here but i neglected english all year and studied everything else.. big mistake!! :( yeah as for biomes any ideas? i have the characteristics of the desert biome (climate,soil,flora,fauna) and human activities (overcropping,overglazing and deforestation) will i just keep learning these or does anyone think another biome (soil maybe) will pop up? thanks guys and as for paper 1 today, heap of ****e haha easy but just a rediculous paper haha

Examine how climate /soils have influenced plants and animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Okay, everyone I don't know if this is a sign and I usually don't believe in things like this but I was just sitting in my living room watching tv with my mother and I was on my laptop not really paying attention to the tv, but anyway the BBC apprentice was on and i just looked up at the tv for a brief second and a woman was on the screen and her name was written on the bottom write hand corner...And her name was Francesca MACDUFF-Varley !!!! Is this an omen ? Could there be a question on the minor characters tomorrow ? :O Or is it just a coincidence ?? Thats one question I will definitely be learning now !! Just thought I'd let ye all now :L Kinda freaky !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

haha I wish you good luck tomorrow anyways :D

You too! :)

doing an essay on macduff now :L

You too! :)

cheers bud! it looks like 8 red bulls, hopkins and my comparitive for tonight haha

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

cheers bud! it looks like 8 red bulls, hopkins and my comparitive for tonight haha

Oh I'm waiting until tomorrow to get stuck in seeing as we're not in until two... Need a break after today :P Literally haven't gone over anything for paper 2 yet! Be graaaaaand :rolleyes:

anyone think an essay on the role of women might come up ? in macbeth

TALKER92 wrote: »
    anyone think an essay on the role of women might come up ? in macbeth

Nahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

[quo="200c200c;84939110"]Okay, everyone I don't know if this is a sign and I usually don't believe in things like this but I was just sitting in my living room watching tv with my mother and I was on my laptop not really paying attention to the tv, but anyway the BBC apprentice was on and i just looked up at the tv for a brief second and a woman was on the screen and her name was written on the bottom write hand corner...And her name was Francesca IMACDUFF-Varley !!!! Is this an omen ? Could there be a question on the minor characters tomorrow ? :O Or is it just a coincidence ?? Thats one question I will definitely be learning now !! Just thought I'd let ye all now :L Kinda freaky ![/quote]

This will be interesting as ive spotted a few things in relation to irish!! Wierd! Let me know how it goes.

Oh I'm waiting until tomorrow to get stuck in seeing as we're not in until two... Need a break after today :P Literally haven't gone over anything for paper 2 yet! Be graaaaaand :rolleyes:
    your lucky!! :O ive got engineering in the morning hahah awh ****. yeah sure be grandd hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

I have a fairly good idea on bishop and Mahon and Plath. If I was to focus on one between now and exam, would it be Plath. I know her but I'd like to make sure I know the little ideas that will give me an A. Surely Plath will come up

• Advertisement

Aksa94 wrote: »
    I have a fairly good idea on bishop and Mahon and Plath. If I was to focus on one between now and exam, would it be Plath. I know her but I'd like to make sure I know the little ideas that will give me an A. Surely Plath will come up

id say plath will come up, the biatch hasnt made a show since 07'

Advertisement