Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

Jesus didnt realise its been that long

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

Aksa94 wrote: »
    Jesus didnt realise its been that long

yeah i didnt think it was that long either, we can only hope now haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Sean1996 wrote: »
    yeah i didnt think it was that long either, we can only hope now haha

Six years since she last showed, the name Sylvia has six letters. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

She's also on the 2014 and 2015 syllabus. Of course, I'm praying that she shows her face also. I'm sure I could manage an answer for other poets but she's the only one that I'm really confident I could write a solid essay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Macker17 wrote: »
    I have sent you a message with a link to something I have found online in the last few days regarding "appearance vs reality" :) hope it helps you in some way :)
    May I please have this link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Macker17

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

What will I do for Macbeth that may cover me? What's the general consensus for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

But seriously, there has to be a woman on the paper.. would I be ok just learning the women? Cause learning 5 is just too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Heading into school now to do some last minute (hours) study! I am praying and hoping that either Plath or bishop, Kingship or appearance vs. reality, and Cultural context will appear! Please God! The memoraries are being said!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rachfinn

Heading into school now to do some last minute (hours) study! I am praying and hoping that either Plath or bishop, Kingship or appearance vs. reality, and Cultural context will appear! Please God! The memoraries are being said!!!!
    i have the exact things you have done revised. tbh i say we are sound, cultural context hasnt appeared in a while and thats one of the themes in macbeth that hasnt shown in ages (they havent repeated a theme yet) and theres a small chance none of the poets we've studied wont show but its very slim. WE ARE SOUND! good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

200c200c wrote: »
    Okay, everyone I don't know if this is a sign and I usually don't believe in things like this but I was just sitting in my living room watching tv with my mother and I was on my laptop not really paying attention to the tv, but anyway the BBC apprentice was on and i just looked up at the tv for a brief second and a woman was on the screen and her name was written on the bottom write hand corner...And her name was Francesca MACDUFF-Varley !!!! Is this an omen ? Could there be a question on the minor characters tomorrow ? :O Or is it just a coincidence ?? Thats one question I will definitely be learning now !! Just thought I'd let ye all now :L Kinda freaky !

While we are on the theme of superstition, I've woken up to update SnapChat on my phone only to realise its been updated to 'v.5 Banquo', surely these signs are telling us the minor characters may appear?

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    While we are on the theme of superstition, I've woken up to update SnapChat on my phone only to realise its been updated to 'v.5 Banquo', surely these signs are telling us the minor characters may appear?

Or just Banquo, let's hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cofpof

Guys can anyone tell anything for geography please specially for regional and the atmosphere option

Ive some wonderful news for maths
    Learn financial maths specially the bonding questions and making a scheduale

And complex numbers argand diagram

This are coming for sure now can u pls give geography pls pls pls

Thank you and good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

AndreaEgan wrote: »

If they did ask about minor characters, would they group them together and say something like..

"It has been said that even the minor characters in Macbeth have important roles to play. To what extent do you agree with the statement? Discuss with suitable reference to the text."

Who would we talk about? Is pretty much anyone other than Macbeth and Lady Macbeth fair game for that one?

If they did ask about minor characters, would they group them together and say something like..

"It has been said that even the minor characters in Macbeth have important roles to play. To what extent do you agree with the statement? Discuss with suitable reference to the text."

Who would we talk about? Is pretty much anyone other than Macbeth and Lady Macbeth fair game for that one?

Its quite possible! I'm hoping they don't appear as I haven't got them covered. Yeah pretty much anyone other than Lady Macbeth and Macbeth. I would include Macduff, Malcolm, Banquo and Duncan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Usually for the Macbeth question, they have one awkward question and the other question is usually handy.

The ones I hate are like "Imagery plays a huge role in Macbeth." We never prepared that or even discussed that, so that would be straight out the window for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    This will be interesting as ive spotted a few things in relation to irish!! Wierd! Let me know how it goes.
    I will do :) What have you spotted in relation to Irish ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

Luize wrote: »
    But seriously, there has to be a woman on the paper.. would I be ok just learning the women? Cause learning 5 is just too much

That's what i done, i was going to study mahon as-well but i couldn't fit it all in.
    Im Hoping for Plath manily and then Bishop.
    I havent studied rich too well, but I'd be able to answer enough i think

Does anyone else think it was like the dream paper ? :) Mahon , bishop, plath and hopkins ! I nearly couldnt choose :L ended up doing Bishop got 7 pages I was delighted :D

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! GERRRUP MAHON!! only got 3 1/2 pages done though :'( **** it dont even need lc anyways haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

WOOOOOOO :):):)
    Perfect paper! (bar Macbeth )
    got to choose between Bishoh and Plath, choose plath in the end because what I had prepared was more suited to the question. Comparative was a dream, had done two modes. Choose the first cultural context one. Apart from Macbeth it was great! answered first question mainly wrote about Lady Macbeths relationship with the boyo himself. I know its wrong but so happy with everything else I dont care ! :)

now for geography! biome ideas anyone? also will i need to look over brazil? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Would anybody like to explain to me what the Hopkins question meant? Didn't understand the fundamental truths part at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

200c200c wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it was like the dream paper ? :) Mahon , bishop, plath and hopkins ! I nearly couldnt choose :L ended up doing Bishop got 7 pages I was delighted :D

7 pages?! how big is your writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Haha I wrote 5 1/2 pages on Plath and I have TINY writing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rachfinn

Haha I wrote 5 1/2 pages on Plath and I have TINY writing :P
    mong move. prob will annoy the corrector. its only worth 50 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

django 123 wrote: »
    Would anybody like to explain to me what the Hopkins question meant? Didn't understand the fundamental truths part at all :/

There's no point in dwelling on it anyway, just move on now. It's done. No point in stressing yourself out now. :)

Well thats English over and done with! :) Paper 2 was a delightful paper, apart from Macbeth, I mixed that up completely. Despite my hatred for paper 1 yesterday I still believe I've manage to do better than I did in home ec, so thats a plus :D

Not very big at all ! Wrote on 6 poems but Bishop is my favourite poet anyway so I was delighted :D Got 5 on macbeth and 8 on cultural context ! Haaaaapy Ouuut :D oh and a page and a half on the unseen poem !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

3 pages on mb , 4 comparative , 2 unseen and 2.5 on Mahon which included 5 poems . Remember it's quality not quantity

Advertisement