Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

Macbeth was ****e, Comparative was pretty rough, Mahon was beautiful (even though the question was quite awkward) and I actually quite liked the unseen poem. Overall it was.....certainly not as good as the pre-paper but it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

woopah92 wrote: »
    There's no point in dwelling on it anyway, just move on now. It's done. No point in stressing yourself out now. :)

Not worried mate just wondering out of curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cofpof

Guys please forget about english now

Anything for geography and maths

I know 1 think for maths study financial maths

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Major cramming tonight for Geography!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

I know its pass maths, but can any one tell me the topics that are for paper 1 ? yano how constructions are on paper 2, well whats on paper 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

I'm completely devastated about that paper. I've never gotten lower than an A1 in English and I completely messed up every question. Leaving cert is bollox like that, shows nothing of ability if your nerves get the better of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Would someone be able to give me a rundown of what comes up on each higher level maths paper? Like what stuff to I need to learn off (constructions, first principles, theorems etc.) and what paper they come up on? Pleeeeaaseeee?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

A checklist for Physical and Regional would be super :p

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

cofpof wrote: »
    Guys please forget about english now

Anything for geography and maths

I know 1 think for maths study financial maths

Why specifically financial?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cofpof

Why specifically financial?

Because its coming learn the bonding and scheduale type of questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Carrieo

Anybody have any notion about what might come up on history? Haven't glanced at it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

barry194 wrote: »
    Major cramming tonight for Geography!!

any ideas for whats comming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

LC Business predictions anyone?!

And Irish HL please!

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Carrieo wrote: »
    Anybody have any notion about what might come up on history? Haven't glanced at it yet!

Technology of warfare or how did hitler establish a totalitarian state is what im banking on. The latter question hasn't come up since 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

OL Irish anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

django 123 wrote: »
    Technology of warfare or how did hitler establish a totalitarian state is what im banking on. The latter question hasn't come up since 2005

You do realise that '05 was a different syllabus to the one we're on? Tbh I'd only be looking at '06 onwards when trying to predict what's coming up in history

django 123 wrote: »

Thanks! Totalitarian state essay would be perfect my teacher thinks that anglo-american popular culture could come up because it hasn't in a few years. Hopefully the welfare state for N.I and maybe rise of sinn fein or eucharistic congress for soverignity and partition

200c200c wrote: »
    Not very big at all ! Wrote on 6 poems but Bishop is my favourite poet anyway so I was delighted :D Got 5 on macbeth and 8 on cultural context ! Haaaaapy Ouuut :D oh and a page and a half on the unseen poem !!

Christ...you must have melted that pen! I think I wrote about 14 pages in total

hiiiisam wrote: »
    OL Irish anyone? :)

I'm just learning a story about a concert a party and an accident as far as the poems and stories go i have no clue not too bothered with irish though not counting it

Thanks! Totalitarian state essay would be perfect my teacher thinks that anglo-american popular culture could come up because it hasn't in a few years. Hopefully the welfare state for N.I and maybe rise of sinn fein or eucharistic congress for soverignity and partition

Anglo - American came up 2010 which I'd consider recent enough, Welfare state or Rise of Sinn Fein would be gorgeous though! Although I was looking through some of the OL papers and they seem to come up a lot there. Hopefully they don't consider them only to be OL type questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Jenny_ODwyer

I'm just learning a story about a concert a party and an accident as far as the poems and stories go i have no clue not too bothered with irish though not counting it

I'm not learning any of the pros that came up last year. They'll hardly ask the same ones 2 years in a row when it's a brand new course

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

I'm hoping for an A so it'll be a handy 60/50 points!

Anglo - American came up 2010 which I'd consider recent enough, Welfare state or Rise of Sinn Fein would be gorgeous though! Although I was looking through some of the OL papers and they seem to come up a lot there. Hopefully they don't consider them only to be OL type questions

It was up in 2010 you serious! She said it hadn't come up in ages i didnt even bother checking the exam papers though. They are both really easy things to learn off so yeah i hope that doesn't stop them coming up though. Are you learning britsh withdrawl from indian?

hiiiisam wrote: »
    I'm hoping for an A so it'll be a handy 60/50 points!

I'm rubbish at Irish cant do it! Im just banking on a distinction in lcvp

I'm not learning any of the pros that came up last year. They'll hardly ask the same ones 2 years in a row when it's a brand new course

Yah me neither i think it would be a bit unfair if they asked the same as last year! It just shows the stupidity of the lc though so unpredictable

It was up in 2010 you serious! She said it hadn't come up in ages i didnt even bother checking the exam papers though. They are both really easy things to learn off so yeah i hope that doesn't stop them coming up though. Are you learning britsh withdrawl from indian?

Well I dunno, it came up last year and I don't think they've ever repeated a document question but yeah I'll probably glance over it just to make sure I won't be too ****ed if Ruari Quinn and "The exams should be impossible to predict brigade" decide to screw us

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

If anyone could send me a good characteristics of a Desert Biome essay in PM I'd be very greatful :)

Well I dunno, it came up last year and I don't think they've ever repeated a document question but yeah I'll probably glance over it just to make sure I won't be too ****ed if Ruari Quinn and "The exams should be impossible to predict brigade" decide to screw us

Wouldn't put it passed them! Hoping for katanga! Is it just me or do you think that Lord Mountbatten from brit withdrawl from india looks like Ryan Gosling i've asked loads they've said no

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seanie2011

Guys, how much are you expected to write for the option question in geography, the 80marker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Pippa1995

Any predictions for geography tomorrow?? Im freaking out, i need at least an honours C3 and lets just say I'm not the smartest tool in the box!!

Advertisement