Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

That quest to eradicate predictions doesn't begin until last years TYs sit their Leaving Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

Seanie2011 wrote: »
    Guys, how much are you expected to write for the option question in geography, the 80marker!

in the mock lc i wrote 3 a4 pages and got 72/80 so probably aim for that. any idea what the biome is this year by any chance haha

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Guys, how much are you expected to write for the option question in geography, the 80marker!

Around 2.5-3 pages, that's what I'll be aiming for myself with the Global Interdependence option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

Pippa1995 wrote: »
    Any predictions for geography tomorrow?? Im freaking out, i need at least an honours C3 and lets just say I'm not the smartest tool in the box!!

man im hoping for desert biome (all aspects), primary brazil (sao paulo), volcanoes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Any predictions for geography tomorrow?? Im freaking out, i need at least an honours C3 and lets just say I'm not the smartest tool in the box!!

Do your short questions and part As well, that's 140/400 marks right there! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Pippa1995

Sean1996 wrote: »
    man im hoping for desert biome (all aspects), primary brazil (sao paulo), volcanoes :P

You wouldn't happen to have any essay on the biomes you could PM me do you.. Girl in desperate need of college right now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Its gonna be a long night guys :L

200c200c wrote: »
    Its gonna be a long night guys :L

At least we're in it together haha

At least we're in it together haha
    Well I suppose :L except we don't know each other :L at least we have this to keep us company ! I'd probably be better off if I got off this and did a bit of study .. 470 points slowing going down the drain !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cofpof

Well I suppose :L except we don't know each other :L at least we have this to keep us company ! I'd probably be better off if I got off this and did a bit of study .. 470 points slowing going down the drain !!

Hhaha same

• Advertisement

We can be boards buddies for the night ha

We can be boards buddies for the night ha
    Haha yeah :L I'm so screwed for this geography nothing is going in :L Havnt even thought about maths :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

You do realise that '05 was a different syllabus to the one we're on? Tbh I'd only be looking at '06 onwards when trying to predict what's coming up in history

Yes I'm aware of that but there's no reason why it couldn't feature in our syllabus. It's marked as an exam question in my history book and it's very easy to be honest as well as being an important aspect of hitlers rule

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AndrewHoey2012

geography examiner is me da he said study rivers #deforivers

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

I am f***ed for maths.. :/ ordinary.... arrrrrrrrrrrrw

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

What's proofs do we need to be able to prove for maths paper 1 only? I know there's De Moivre theorem but what else? What about the quotient rule? What else.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

waaaaaaaaaaat on earth is that? i know the quotient rule.... i think.. :/ aw god help me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mary189

I can't even draw a map of Ireland...going to be a long long night :(

mary189 wrote: »

Mary u dont need to draw ireland be smart and get a geometry set that has the map of ireland hahaha it always work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

cofpof wrote: »
    Mary u dont need to draw ireland be smart and get a geometry set that has the map of ireland hahaha it always work for me

The examiners in the centre will tell you get rid of it if they see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Make sure for OL maths you know the definitions of an irrational number, the converse of a theorem and a prime number. In the sample papers these definitions come up quite a bit so I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them coming up in Q1..!

Make sure you know your basic differentiation, you'll get almost half marks by just knowing that much I would say!

Also, if you don't even have a clue about a question, write SOMETHING down. If it's in the differentiation section of the question, just differentiate it, or whatever. Do something with the question, they are basically throwing attempt marks at us. Write something down which you remember doing with a question similar. Could get you a couple of marks even if it is terribly incorrect!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mary189

cofpof wrote: »

That would be risky

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

ray2012 wrote: »
    Make sure for OL maths you know the definitions of an irrational number, the converse of a theorem and a prime number. In the sample papers these definitions come up quite a bit so I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them coming up in Q1..!

Make sure you know your basic differentiation, you'll get almost half marks by just knowing that much I would say!

Also, if you don't even have a clue about a question, write SOMETHING down. If it's in the differentiation section of the question, just differentiate it, or whatever. Do something with the question, they are basically throwing attempt marks at us. Write something down which you remember doing with a question similar. Could get you a couple of marks even if it is terribly incorrect!

whats a converse of a theorem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

Carrieo wrote: »
    I'm rubbish at Irish cant do it! Im just banking on a distinction in lcvp

Really regret not doing LCVP :( Terrified I'm gonna fail biology!

That would be risky

No its a pencil case and when they see it just say u didnt realise it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hiiiisam

If only the people who make the exams could see all these posts... Bet they'd feel like total d*cks!

hiiiisam wrote: »
    If only the people who make the exams could see all these posts... Bet they'd feel like total d*cks!

Haha definetly

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eoin.p.d

If it helps any of ye, for my Pres I just did a page and a half on this and got 67/80 and that was because I didn't know what parent material meant and had to bluff the last part. Once the SRPS are there the examiner won't care ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

whats a converse of a theorem :)

the definition I have for it is :

A theorem proves something, e.g Pythagoras Theorem.
    The converse of that theorem involves interchanging what is given in the theorem and what is proved.

Then if you get asked : "Give one geometric statement that is true, but has a false converse" say :

Statement : A square is a parallelogram
    Converse (false) : A parallelogram is not always a square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Dont forget on the back of your map there is a little map of Ireland in the grid square, always handy for guidelines :)

Advertisement