Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mary189

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    Dont forget on the back of your map there is a little map of Ireland in the grid square, always handy for guidelines :)

Thanks for that...you've just made me really happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I feel like crying why did I do higher level maths

• Registered Users Posts: 6 exkatt

Adaptations of plants and animals in the biome better come up!!! Otherwise i screwed!! :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

exkatt wrote: »
    Adaptations of plants and animals in the biome better come up!!! Otherwise i screwed!! :-P

I only managed to get two pages out on this topic as i found it hard to write about. How many did you write up if you dont mind me asking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Anyone have nice notes on the Harris Ullmann Multiple Nuclei Theory by any chance, especially as it applies to Dublin? :/ The book seems a bit wishy-washy on it, and the great Sue Honan focuses on the other ones.

• Advertisement

Anyone else up studying? This time tomorrow the panic will be over for a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

mary189 wrote: »
    Anyone else up studying? This time tomorrow the panic will be over for a short time

I am! I completely forgot there was short questions on the paper :O Also, my physical is quite poor. What is everyone's predictions for physical? Eoin Jackson predicted Karst landscape, what exactly would you need to cover for that? I know for a fact I'll get an A and B that I like and part C will be like Hebrew to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Planning to do an allnighter from Now until half maths, half geography.
    2 Litres of boost, Doritos and Dubstep at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 exkatt

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    I only managed to get two pages out on this topic as i found it hard to write about. How many did you write up if you dont mind me asking? :)

I have a page and a half each on both plants and animals. It hasnt come up since 2007 so im hopeful.

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Planning to do an allnighter from Now until half maths, half geography.
    2 Litres of boost, Doritos and Dubstep at the ready.

I'm in the same boat :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

exkatt wrote: »

Is that how they adapt to climate?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

Right lads ive worked it all out,, Hu ever is doing a biome .. you will be asked a 2 is to 1 ratio or 1 is to 2 so you will be asked 1 on human interaction and 2 on a soil you have studied eg, aridzols and describe how climate influences characteristics of your chosen biome talk about deserts,,, Volcanoes is coming up discuss the possitive and negative impacts etc etc and 2 formations of igneus rock types..... thats pretty much all i know,, any 1 give any advice what to study for electives? cuz im ****e a brazil nd all that crack with mexicans :s

Its pretty cool the way camels can store water in there humps tho B)

Daniel L wrote: »
    Right lads ive worked it all out,, Hu ever is doing a biome .. you will be asked a 2 is to 1 ratio or 1 is to 2 so you will be asked 1 on human interaction and 2 on a soil you have studied eg, aridzols and describe how climate influences characteristics of your chosen biome talk about deserts,,, Volcanoes is coming up discuss the possitive and negative impacts etc etc and 2 formations of igneus rock types..... thats pretty much all i know,, any 1 give any advice what to study for electives? cuz im ****e a brazil nd all that crack with mexicans :s

What is coming up on volcanoes? And is just the formation of 2 igneous rocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Ah lads, it's times like this I appreciate the two geography classes being full and having to do Ag science instead. 8) Good luck though guys :)

So volcanoes and igneous rocks? Thank you :)

What is coming up on volcanoes? And is just the formation of 2 igneous rocks?

hello Mary :) i dont kno yu but yur probly pretty stressed like me.. but im pretty sure youll e asked to discuss possitive and negative impacts,, just start talking about how it influences tourism and icelands position on the mid atlantic ridg is ideal as it generates geothermal energy from superheated water from undergroud hot rock and magma, when this water is hott is rises to the earths surface and creates a pool eg...the blue lagoon where the water is 30 degrees and is nw a tourist attraction,,,, tourism brings mone into the economy .. the start to buls**** about about how dangerous they are and negative affrects they have on the planet from the pyroclastic material that is ejected,, i wont go on about it all but you get the idea :) Could give me any advice on electives or patterns and processes??

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    So volcanoes and igneous rocks? Thank you :)

yup :) Are ya heading to cartown wen this is over lol :L

hello Mary :) i dont kno yu but yur probly pretty stressed like me.. but im pretty sure youll e asked to discuss possitive and negative impacts,, just start talking about how it influences tourism and icelands position on the mid atlantic ridg is ideal as it generates geothermal energy from superheated water from undergroud hot rock and magma, when this water is hott is rises to the earths surface and creates a pool eg...the blue lagoon where the water is 30 degrees and is nw a tourist attraction,,,, tourism brings mone into the economy .. the start to buls**** about about how dangerous they are and negative affrects they have on the planet from the pyroclastic material that is ejected,, i wont go on about it all but you get the idea :) Could give me any advice on electives or patterns and processes??

Thanks for that...yeah I'm pretty stressed? For human geography migration, land use theory models, historic settlement and overpopulation

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GEMMA1995

:( :eek: any predictions for ART HISTORY? :(

• Advertisement

Hopefully, the volcanoes one would be a nice question :D Cartown June 20th ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GEMMA1995

biology predictions? :(

GEMMA1995 wrote: »
    :( :eek: any predictions for ART HISTORY? :(

Newgrange wont come up so dont bother studying it it came u last year, youll be asked about early christian art,,, The development of romanesque and Gothic style churches and you should prepare a gallery question and yur pretty much sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That quest to eradicate predictions doesn't begin until last years TYs sit their Leaving Cert!
    Um, the SEC have been gradually moving to make papers less predictable for several years (befor RQ was even minister).
    Yeh thatbe handy alright oh yeh totess add me on facebook <snip>
    Hi Daniel, and welcome to Boards!

Just a heads-up, this site has a "write in English, not in textspeak" policy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Macker17

I can't even draw a map of Ireland...going to be a long long night :(

There's a map of Ireland on the back of the O.S map :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BLiamB

Only dropped down to OL History recently so anyone know what I should study for it?
    Also HL French and Biology predictions anyone ^_^
    Good luck to everyone in their exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I feel so sorry for all of you doing geography! So glad I chose not to do it :P I feel like I should do an all nighter for maths but I don't wanna be falling asleep during the exam ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

For maths I predict that a calculator will be needed! :D

Um, the SEC have been gradually moving to make papers less predictable for several years (befor RQ was even minister).

Hi Daniel, and welcome to Boards!

Just a heads-up, this site has a "write in English, not in textspeak" policy. ;)
    Oh ok :L

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    For maths I predict that a calculator will be needed! :D
    and few pencils aswelll id say

Advertisement