Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Daniel L wrote: »
    and few pencils aswelll id say

I have a sneaky suspicion that a ruler may also be needed, but then again this is only speculation.
    We really shouldn't be relying on predictions

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MadScone08

will the 2:1 ratio in geoecology probably be in favour of biomes this year? fairly urgent :P

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Can anyone tell me what kind of questions were on the mock for OL Maths Paper 1? I'm desperate so screwed help pleassssseeee

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Manatee212

Anyone have any full biology paper predictions?
    Also art history, and ordinary level maths!! Please, I'm desperate 😖😖😖

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Looking for Art predictions also plse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

Looking over Biology tonight what are the MOST IMPORTANT things that are expected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Maths paper 2 - anyone care to predict the theorem and construction?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

anyone have either mock companies of business or biology by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

What was with the Geography paper guys? It went absolutely terrible for me. The sort questions were easy, physical was ok but I didn't have a clue on regional or the electives. Geocology was alright, quiet a lot of people got a shock because they were expecting two biomes and a soil but in fact it was two soils and the impact of climate on a biome. It was totally unpredictable. Hopefully I scraped a pass with the project, short questions and physical plus a few questions from regional and the electives (which I practically made up). Did any one else find it difficult?
    On the other hand, Ordinary Maths was a God-send. Some tricky questions but overall it went great for me, how did you guys find it? :)

One more thing lads, DO NOT rely on predictions, or anything that had come up two years ago and is due up because the SEC are really making the exams unpredictable. Just try and learn important things and read over the less important things, seriously. It will only mess up your chances at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

so can anyone tell me they answers you got for the higher level simultaneous equation. I got 2,4,10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 valencianista

ITT: Many requests, little predictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

hey hey wrote: »
    so can anyone tell me they answers you got for the higher level simultaneous equation. I got 2,4,10?

That's exactly what I got! And it all verified yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gr8loolz

There has been a broad welcome to plans to make the Leaving Certificate less predictable. Education Minister Ruairi Quinn announced the proposals which will reduce the amount of information a student learns off by heart.

It is hoped that the plan will be in place for students who will sit their Leaving Cert in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Gr8loolz wrote: »
    There has been a broad welcome to plans to make the Leaving Certificate less predictable. Education Minister Ruairi Quinn announced the proposals which will reduce the amount of information a student learns off by heart.

It is hoped that the plan will be in place for students who will sit their Leaving Cert in 2016.

you felt the need to share this why..?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gr8loolz

you felt the need to share this why..?

somebody mentioned that that plan has come in this year, i wanted to reassure them that its for for another 3 years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Gr8loolz wrote: »
    somebody mentioned that that plan has come in this year, i wanted to reassure them that its for for another 3 years :)

The papers have been getting gradually less predictable though, it's noticeable. People should really only rely on predictions if it's literally the night before their exam and they are struggling.. Until then, you should try to plough through as much info as you can to cover yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

For Higher Level Irish... are most people leaving out An tEarrach Thiar and Hurlamaboc ???

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    For Higher Level Irish... are most people leaving out An tEarrach Thiar and Hurlamaboc ???

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I thought Maths was quite a fair exam. I mucked up Geography I don't know if it was a bad exam or just the fact that I barely slept the night before. It definitely isnt as predictable as it was a few years ago.

The institute is predicting an essay on 'The Gathering' for Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

So The Gathering for Irish? What could you include in that?
    Also, anyone got any ideas on An Triail?

• Advertisement

'The Gathering' would basically be a small intro on what it is and then talking about emmigration. I'm not putting all my time on it but I will probably look at emmigration/gathering a bit closer than my other essays.

Really... I taut the gathering as a comprehension or part of aural. The Education system will surely come up????? Wat has the institute predicted for pros and poem?

I have no idea. I was only told that the Institude predicted the gathering and my Irish teacher said that something along the lines of emmigration is a possibility. She mentioned the Education system as well. There is no way of knowing but it would make sense if something to do with emmigration came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I really don't think The Gathering will come up as an Aiste. I'm expecting to see it somewhere on the paper though, either on the aural or the comprehension. I'd say the aiste will be along the lines of emigration/state of the country and the debate could be about the education system.

What are people studing for Irish paper 1? I'll put some time into emmigration and unemployment in the country. Any other suggestions?

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I really don't think The Gathering will come up as an Aiste. I'm expecting to see it somewhere on the paper though, either on the aural or the comprehension. I'd say the aiste will be along the lines of emigration/state of the country and the debate could be about the education system.

Yep I think so bout the gathering too.. isnt thr debate and aiste joined now?? Or is that another part??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Yep I think so bout the gathering too.. isnt thr debate and aiste joined now?? Or is that another part??

I'm pretty sure the Alt and the Aiste have joined up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

maths was great..what did people think..no answers

Qs 1-4 were grand, 5 and 6 weren't bad either. The integration and calculus Qs were harder than anything I saw in any of the past papers on those topics. I was pretty happy with it.

If the alt and aiste have joined up does that mean there is a new topic or are there just less choices now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

constructions/theorems for ol maths p2 anyone?

Advertisement