Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jenny_ODwyer

lc_2013 wrote: »
    constructions/theorems for ol maths p2 anyone?

circumcircle!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

Luize wrote: »
    That's exactly what I got! And it all verified yay :D
    thank you! there are only 4 people in my school doing higher level and they are all smarter than me and they got different answers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnaMariaaa

I thought the Geography was an absolute dream come true. Staying up til 2 the night before definitely helped :D Maths wasn't too bad either. Did anybody do the question on regional about the concept of region? if so, what did you include? I did the growth of a Dublin. I wasn't as prepared for regional as everything else. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Every exam that we've done so far is already on examinations.ie !!
    Pity they don't have the marking scheme up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

HL Irish: What are you guys learning for pros? Just general story???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Eoin.p.d

AnaMariaaa wrote: »
    I thought the Geography was an absolute dream come true. Staying up til 2 the night before definitely helped :D Maths wasn't too bad either. Did anybody do the question on regional about the concept of region? if so, what did you include? I did the growth of a Dublin. I wasn't as prepared for regional as everything else. Thanks :)

I did this question :). I was delighted with the European sketch map as there was a map of Europe in the short questions:D. I didn't have much of an idea on this question either but did the exact same thing as you, the growth of Dublin. Just talked about it's economical development. It was a toughy, the only question I had to bluff a lot of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Anybody actually know what's in ordinary level irish paper 1? Please tell me :p I forget from the mocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Anybody actually know what's in ordinary level irish paper 1? Please tell me :p I forget from the mocks

I wouldn't call it a paper, it's just a page if you exclude the oral.

There's 2 blog styled essays
    Two Scéals, where you've to continue a given opening
    Two letters (sometimes one is formal, not usually though)
    Two Comhrás

You do two of those (not from the same heading), and they recommend on the paper that you write around half a page but chances are even if you're rubbish at Irish you'll get at least a page on each. In fact, you could probably do all 8 in the bloody hour and a half if you were bothered, but two is enough. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

I agree actually, The Gathering will most likely be a comprehension. Emigration is a very good one to have prepared. Anyone thinking along the lines of sport seen as the Olympics took place last summer?
    As far as I know the Alt and Aiste have joined up giving us 5 options in the Aiste section along with the debate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

business higher level predictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Probably marketing mix question (Global mix)
    Types of business expansion (pick best suited to business)
    type of business (franchising,Plc,ltd) and why would you change business type etc.
    Social responsibility to stakeholders or environment
    Possible nasty question we could get is something on European Union institutions/policy's or a business plan

have you and idea for long and short questions please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

What are people studing for Irish paper 1? I'll put some time into emmigration and unemployment in the country. Any other suggestions?

Im preparing just three essays - An Córas Oideachais, An Ghaeilge agus Fadhbanna na daoine óga.

Will I be covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

pointless going into irish having essays learnt off.. know a good 20 vocab words ..we have 2 hours like! 80 marks goes for the language and only 20 for the eolas.. focus on the pros and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Im preparing just three essays - An Córas Oideachais, An Ghaeilge agus Fadhbanna na daoine óga.

Will I be covered?

Yes you most definitely should. Just know the beginning and the end of the diospoireacht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

FrankLamar wrote: »
    Looking over Biology tonight what are the MOST IMPORTANT things that are expected?

Most of these are definite topics that come up every year, but I'm not saying they will 100% be on the paper:
    Scientific Method, Cell Division, Food, Ecology, Heart/Lymphatic system, Monera or Fungi, Respiration or Photosynthesis, Genetics, Lungs, Endocrine system, Senses, Excretion, and either Plant or Human reproduction (male human reproduction is due to come up, but it's not guaranteed!).

Kind of a long list, but if you know most of these, you should be covered! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pippa1995

So any idea about biology???

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

are there any online resources with some general phrases for the debate for Irish? Id love to have the option of doing the debate but Im finiding the stuff in the book isnt all that helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Do you think 'Imirce' and 'Is Iomaí Fadhb atá in Eirinn inniu' is enough to cover me for the Aiste/Debate? Don't want to spend too much time looking over the Aiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Biology - Human reproduction, plant reproduction, genetics, respiration, photosynthesis and ecology.

They are all the big sections on the course, they come up every year and are at least 20 marks each so make sure you know them fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SiobhainD

Hi, does anybody have a prediction for the poetry and prose for Irish paper two (higher level). I know Hurlamaboc is unlikely but any other ideas? I'm not really planning on counting Irish for points but I want to get a C3 or so just in case! I'm planning on spending more time on biology the night before instead of absorbing crap that I'll never need again! Also what does everybody think of emigration and possibly education and the recession as essay topics? I think I could squeeze the recession into something if all else fails (my teacher suggested that if you really are dead the sceal titles are pretty vague, you lose a certain amount of marks for it being the wrong format obviously but they still have to mark it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

SiobhainD wrote: »
    Hi, does anybody have a prediction for the poetry and prose for Irish paper two (higher level). I know Hurlamaboc is unlikely but any other ideas? I'm not really planning on counting Irish for points but I want to get a C3 or so just in case! I'm planning on spending more time on biology the night before instead of absorbing crap that I'll never need again! Also what does everybody think of emigration and possibly education and the recession as essay topics? I think I could squeeze the recession into something if all else fails (my teacher suggested that if you really are dead the sceal titles are pretty vague, you lose a certain amount of marks for it being the wrong format obviously but they still have to mark it!)

Oisin Bealoidis and An TEarrach Thiar + Fill Aris

Imirce and Coras Oideachais too

What I'm banking on

cheers you're a lifesaver!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

hey hey wrote: »
    so can anyone tell me they answers you got for the higher level simultaneous equation. I got 2,4,10?

Yeah me too

oh and does anyone have French predictions (I know, I know it's impossible) but any lovely French teachers out there???

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

I only found the short questions hard in geography. I accidently skipped the first page and only found out about it with like 30 seconds left. What on earth is a seismoist or however you spell it? :(

I only found the short questions hard in geography. I accidently skipped the first page and only found out about it with like 30 seconds left. What on earth is a seismoist or however you spell it? :(

The person who studies earthquakes and their magnitude on the Richter scale is what I put.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Oisin Bealoidis and An TEarrach Thiar + Fill Aris

Imirce and Coras Oideachais too

What I'm banking on
    Please tell me you meant An Spailpin Fanach?? Surely they wouldn't repeat the same poem in the second year of the new course?

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Please tell me you meant An Spailpin Fanach?? Surely they wouldn't repeat the same poem in the second year of the new course?

One thing is tipped to be repeated, although an spailpin fanach is a nice choice too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Why do you think An tEarrach Thiar will be repeated? Everything I've heard has told me to stay away from last years pros and filiocht

• Advertisement

Why do you think An tEarrach Thiar will be repeated? Everything I've heard has told me to stay away from last years pros and filiocht

Apparently badly answered

Advertisement