Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Apparently badly answered

So they want to punish us as well? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

For the Irish debate do you have to be for or against the motion? Or can you discuss both aspects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

For the Irish debate do you have to be for or against the motion? Or can you discuss both aspects?

For or against, Aiste you can stay on the fence for, diospoireacht you have to clearly go one way.

If they repeat An tEarrach Thiar/Hurlamaboc for Irish...oh lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thisguy145

I'm banking on Treithe an bhealoidis in oisin.
    an spailpin fanach and regards the aiste, I'm preparing immigration, recession and problems with young people... I heard that problems in the health system is tipped for a diospoireacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

Has anyone any tips for the irish aiste im so screwed i have 1.the gathering, 2.problems with immigration/unemployment do u reckon i would be safe just learning them? i just find it impossible to learn the Aistes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Has anyone any tips for the irish aiste im so screwed i have 1.the gathering, 2.problems with immigration/unemployment do u reckon i would be safe just learning them? i just find it impossible to learn the Aistes. :(

The Gathering is not on the Irish course. Why are people trying to learn it as a full essay. Maybe a paragraph about it for an Ireland if today essay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

The notion of learning off an essay saddens me deeply. I am going to go in there and waffle from scratch on principle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jeanno94

What's the best things to be studying for art history?? People say they're pretty predictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anb94

English was an okay paper. Macbeth question was a bit crap, but all in all it was fine...like everything, it was good once you studied. Got an A1 in the mocks and had a better choice in the real thing with regards to poets and comparative so I'm hoping to get an A2.

With regards to geography, it was a fair paper. The short questions were harder than most years, the long questions were okay. It was more than manageable once you put the work in, and like I said, it was a fair paper, however, I don't know where people are going with the consensus that it was an "easy" or "dream" paper... The papers of 05, 06 etc were easy, this paper was cleverly worded to throw people and make it hard to know what they will be looking for in the marking scheme...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

With regards to An tEarrach Thiar, the question would be on the paper so you could just pick out techniques and say you liked them or whatever.

Maybe look over Martin O' Direain's life & work just to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

For the filiocht is everyone just learning the poet's life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

jeanno94 wrote: »
    What's the best things to be studying for art history?? People say they're pretty predictable!

Depends what you did in class but I'll be doing Georgian and then Stone - Iron Age for Irish history, Impressionism and Gothic/Romanesque for European and gallery visit for art appreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

How do i even begin studying for the Irish essay? I don't wanna go learning off a whole load of essays I feel that'd be pointless, how do you all do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I have a sneaky suspicion that a ruler may also be needed, but then again this is only speculation.
    We really shouldn't be relying on predictions

:D

Turns out i only needed a pencil

lc_2013 wrote: »
    How do i even begin studying for the Irish essay? I don't wanna go learning off a whole load of essays I feel that'd be pointless, how do you all do it?

I've learnt a general opening & closing paragraph that can be used in nearly all essays. Then I've learnt phrases for Emigration and phrases that can be used in talking about the problems in Ireland today :) Oh and don't forget to look over the format and phrases for the debate, just incase! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    I've learnt a general opening & closing paragraph that can be used in nearly all essays. Then I've learnt phrases for Emigration and phrases that can be used in talking about the problems in Ireland today :) Oh and don't forget to look over the format and phrases for the debate, just incase! :)

Thanks Andrea that helps a lot, you're fab. All I've to do now is start writing up an opening, closing and all me phrases...

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Thanks Andrea that helps a lot, you're fab. All I've to do now is start writing up an opening, closing and all me phrases...

You're welcome :) Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Daniel L wrote: »
    Turns out i only needed a pencil

Did you do HL?

In OL maths we had to draw a graph at some point (unless I got something SERIOUSLY wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Did you do HL?

In OL maths we had to draw a graph at some point (unless I got something SERIOUSLY wrong)

Yeah we did haha it was on the tank question right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jadekerry95

For HL Irish I only know a crime essay but in includes young people, drugs and alcohol ..... could I get away with it, or am i pushing it??
    I know the opening and closing for the díospóireacht aswell ???
    Really need a good grade in this :/

• Advertisement

barry194 wrote: »
    Yeah we did haha it was on the tank question right?

Yeah that was it. Did any of you guys get a formula for part 3 of that question? I spent so long and nothing would work for me :P

For HL Irish I only know a crime essay but in includes young people, drugs and alcohol ..... could I get away with it, or am i pushing it??
    I know the opening and closing for the díospóireacht aswell ???
    Really need a good grade in this :/

I prepared Emigration and like you an essay that includes crime, drugs, alcohol, recession that I could alter to fit a few but I just saw on another thread that this year is Bliain na Gaeilge so maybe it's worth preparing something on that!

I prepared Emigration and like you an essay that includes crime, drugs, alcohol, recession that I could alter to fit a few but I just saw on another thread that this year is Bliain na Gaeilge so maybe it's worth preparing something on that!

Okay thanks so much !!
    Stressed to the max !

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

any idea on poems and stories, an triail for HL irish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anb94

Yeah that was it. Did any of you guys get a formula for part 3 of that question? I spent so long and nothing would work for me :P

Yeah, for tank A I got

C=x+5

And for Tank B I got

C=x+7.5

Where C was the current volume, X was the volume ten seconds previously, and 5&7.5 were the volumes added

doogybag wrote: »
    any idea on poems and stories, an triail for HL irish ?
    Iv heard people saying that Oisin and Spailpín fanach are coming up ?
    And i dont do an triail so Iv no idea for that, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

Iv heard people saying that Oisin and Spailpín fanach are coming up ?
    And i dont do an triail so Iv no idea for that, sorry.

yea I have heard them 2 as well, hopefully they will come up ! :)

doogybag wrote: »
    yea I have heard them 2 as well, hopefully they will come up ! :)

Yeahh , il learn them really well , but not banking on it
    Im not doing hurlamaboc because it came up last year and i dont think they would actually be that crule as to put it on again.
    But im going to go over the rest of them any way.

anb94 wrote: »
    Yeah, for tank A I got

C=x+5

And for Tank B I got

C=x+7.5

Where C was the current volume, X was the volume ten seconds previously, and 5&7.5 were the volumes added

Makes so much sense now! I had x = y + 5, labelled them wrong though! I went back when I was finished my paper and looked at it for ages, the more I looked at it the worse it was getting :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 sayuriH

For maths the answers are up for paper 1 here --->>>http://www.studentxpress.ie/projectmathspapers.html hope ye all done well

Advertisement