Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anb94

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    Makes so much sense now! I had x = y + 5, labelled them wrong though! I went back when I was finished my paper and looked at it for ages, the more I looked at it the worse it was getting :P

Once you make an attempt at it you'll get some marks. A good few people in my school thought it was something to do with area and volume and made a mess of it so I'm sure they aren't the only ones who did that, meaning it will be marked easy....hopefully! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

anb94 wrote: »
    Yeah, for tank A I got

C=x+5

And for Tank B I got

C=x+7.5

Where C was the current volume, X was the volume ten seconds previously, and 5&7.5 were the volumes added

Think they were looking for Cn=10+(n-1)(5)

Moromaster wrote: »
    Think they were looking for Cn=10+(n-1)(5)

My teacher is a corrector and said once you have a valid equation, ie, anything with an equals sign that can be worked out mathematically, you'll get the marks because it shows you could interpret information given and understand the the subject, which is apparently what this project maths sh*t is about. It could be worked out using the sequence and series equations or algebraically. I should have done honours but panicked on the day and dropped, turns out the higher paper was easier. Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

sayuriH wrote: »
    For maths the answers are up for paper 1 here --->>>http://www.studentxpress.ie/projectmathspapers.html hope ye all done well

Why did I look at those :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I knew 3n was how to continue the pattern but I thought it was too simple so I was reluctant to write it down.. I hope I did in the end now. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

Yeahh , il learn them really well , but not banking on it
    Im not doing hurlamaboc because it came up last year and i dont think they would actually be that crule as to put it on again.
    But im going to go over the rest of them any way.

yea r an tearrach thiar, they wont ask us about poet 4 spailpin would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'm going to do emmigration, poverty in ireland, importance of language and importance of sport for essay titles. Fingers crossed one of them comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

guys for HL maths paper two do we need to learn ALL constructions and ALL theorems as in will they ask any theorem/construction or are there specific ones that they will ask us

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Leanne12

Anyone have any emigration/The gathering phrases for honours Irish?? Have none :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lollie1234

Iv heard people saying that Oisin and Spailpín fanach are coming up ?
    And i dont do an triail so Iv no idea for that, sorry.
    would
    Our teacher told us that because Oisín and Spailpín are both old stories they wont put them up together, They always (apparently) put up a modern poem and old text or old poem and modern text, so the likes of Oisín would come up with Colscaradh or Mo ghrá sa and Spailpín would come up with Cáca milis or Dis... something like that :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thisguy145

ye our Teacher told us the same... but she also said that she has a"feeling" that spailpin or oisin will come up... so heres hoping :/ I'm more worried about tomorrow with the essay tbh

lollie1234 wrote: »
    would
    Our teacher told us that because Oisín and Spailpín are both old stories they wont put them up together, They always (apparently) put up a modern poem and old text or old poem and modern text, so the likes of Oisín would come up with Colscaradh or Mo ghrá sa and Spailpín would come up with Cáca milis or Dis... something like that :/

so I can nearly leave out geibheann, gnath rud ad d others? any idea for an triail? badly need something there !

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

Can anyone give me a sample opening and closing that could work for any type of HL Irish essay? I'm so bad at Irish, on the verge of a breakdown! Anything is greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

My teacher is a corrector and said once you have a valid equation, ie, anything with an equals sign that can be worked out mathematically, you'll get the marks because it shows you could interpret information given and understand the the subject, which is apparently what this project maths sh*t is about. It could be worked out using the sequence and series equations or algebraically. I should have done honours but panicked on the day and dropped, turns out the higher paper was easier. Sickening

I somehow doubt it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lollie1234

doogybag wrote: »
    so I can nearly leave out geibheann, gnath rud ad d others? any idea for an triail? badly need something there !

No no she didnt say that the others wouldnt come up, she just said IF Spailpin comes up Oisin wont and IF Oisin comes up Spailpin wont, unfortunately that doesnt mean the others wont come up, but leave out Hurlamaboc and An tEarrach Thiar because they are very very doubtful to come up again and if worst came and they repeated one (they wont repeat both) you could just make something up (they are only worth 5% overall). For An Triail I'm learning a general essay on the society because it includes unfair treatment of unmarried mothers, Ireland in the 50/60s, lack of christianity etc... and then I'm learning some general vocab on the role of men... Dreading this exam the most :/

barry194 wrote: »
    I somehow doubt it :P

Nah it was easier for me because I am not familiar with the OL lay out, and some of the OL stuff is so simple that it's complicated. The HL paper was a lot easier than expected with a good bit of financial maths, plus one of the questions was just counting match sticks :/ overall, a very easy paper considering I would have gotten 25 extra points!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

for this irish tomorrow i know emmigration,irish language,education system and racism....omg if 1 doesnt come up!

does anybody else use like a seanfhocal in each paragraph of your essays?? im afraid im overusing them

kev44 wrote: »
    does anybody else use like a seanfhocal in each paragraph of your essays?? im afraid im overusing them

I wouldn't use them in every paragraph, cause you're meant to be showing off your ability to write your own Irish. Use them to back up your points if you can or scatter a few throughout your essay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

We'll all look like right amadáin if none of the topics we're banking on come up

• Advertisement

i think that once theres an essay dealing with a problem that ill be ok. blame government etc.

lollie1234 wrote: »
    No no she didnt say that the others wouldnt come up, she just said IF Spailpin comes up Oisin wont and IF Oisin comes up Spailpin wont, unfortunately that doesnt mean the others wont come up, but leave out Hurlamaboc and An tEarrach Thiar because they are very very doubtful to come up again and if worst came and they repeated one (they wont repeat both) you could just make something up (they are only worth 5% overall). For An Triail I'm learning a general essay on the society because it includes unfair treatment of unmarried mothers, Ireland in the 50/60s, lack of christianity etc... and then I'm learning some general vocab on the role of men... Dreading this exam the most :/

ok thanks, il put most of time on them tho, can I have that essay on an trail by any chance please ? I have no notes ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

What is "The Gathering" .. Never heard of it. I have aiste prepared on the coras oideachais, an choiriulacht, imirce, an sport (since olympics were last year) and fadhbanna an deagoiri agus ocras. Please someone tell me what the gathering is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Nah it was easier for me because I am not familiar with the OL lay out, and some of the OL stuff is so simple that it's complicated. The HL paper was a lot easier than expected with a good bit of financial maths, plus one of the questions was just counting match sticks :/ overall, a very easy paper considering I would have gotten 25 extra points!

?? There was a 25 mark financial maths with two parts. Absolutely nothing compared to what it usually is.(50marker).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

I havent learned any essays :/ HELP what should I learn? :'(

John.Icy wrote: »
    ?? There was a 25 mark financial maths with two parts. Absolutely nothing compared to what it usually is.(50marker).

Yeah, but it was unbelievably easy. The stadium question was just beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Why did I look at those :(
    feeling the same way myself :confused: haha on the bright side there is always paper two:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maisy96

so i looked at the answers for Maths Paper 1, not feeling very confident anymore..
    On a different note, what do people think will come up in French HL?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

I have emigration, problems in Ireland (alcohol, drugs, points system, recession, unemployment, emigration and crime) and the future of the Irish language prepared for the essay tomorrow, sufficient?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

hey hey wrote: »
    feeling the same way myself :confused: haha on the bright side there is always paper two:)

Dont worry about the answers, if you get the method right you get most of the marks :)

Advertisement