Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lollie1234

doogybag wrote: »
    ok thanks, il put most of time on them tho, can I have that essay on an trail by any chance please ? I have no notes ! :)

I only have it wrote out not typed but I could probably put it up tomorrow if thats not too late? I just dont have time to type it out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

lollie1234 wrote: »
    I only have it wrote out not typed but I could probably put it up tomorrow if thats not too late? I just dont have time to type it out today.

would you, thanks so much ! is it long?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

I am doing immigration/unemployment and it touches on educational system would that be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

any maths paper 2 OL predictions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Is the gathering basically an essay on migration?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

Just wondering for HL Irish P1, is it better to write 4 or 5 pages of average enough Irish but full of detail to do with the topic that is being asked...

Or... 3 pages of solid irish, with not so detailed information?

Kind of confused, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

I know timing is plentiful but I would go for the 3 pages of solid Irish, just to give myself time to fix up my aural. However, if you reach the 3 pages of solid Irish and discover you have loads of time left why not continue on with average Irish and finish with a solid conclusion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Just wondering for HL Irish P1, is it better to write 4 or 5 pages of average enough Irish but full of detail to do with the topic that is being asked...

Or... 3 pages of solid irish, with not so detailed information?

Kind of confused, Thanks!

Definitely solid Irish. 80 marks out of the 100 go for Irish and only 20 marks go for topic. Local/colloquial Irish phrases that can be used are really good for bringing up marks. Phrases like Go sábhála Dia muid or basically any type of phrase that your likely to hear off of Irish speakers are really good for bringing up your Irish mark.( i live in a gaeltacht and my neighbour is an Irish examiner so this was his advice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

django 123 wrote: »
    Definitely solid Irish. 80 marks out of the 100 go for Irish and only 20 marks go for topic. Local/colloquial Irish phrases that can be used are really good for bringing up marks. Phrases like Go sábhála Dia muid or basically any type of phrase that your likely to hear off of Irish speakers are really good for bringing up your Irish mark.( i live in a gaeltacht and my neighbour is an Irish examiner so this was his advice)

Perfect Thanks!

Does Go sabhala Dia muid....mean...may God protect us?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Perfect Thanks!

Does Go sabhala Dia muid....mean...may God protect us?

Sorry should have explained. It literally translates as "god save us" but it's used when giving out about something... Like Go sábhála Dia muid ní féidir leo an dallamullóg a chur orainn. Kinda of like the Irish way of saying Jesus Christ!(second half means they can't put the wool over our eyes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Anyone with the gathering essay or notes?? I beg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Emmalou94

Quick question. Did my paper 1 of english last Wednesday and chose title 5 for my essay about the treadmill of life. Stupidly I left it until last and forgot to write the title that I chose but I obviously made reference to the title in my essay. Will I be penalised or what will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

After realizing there's a choice of 5 Irish essay/article titles to do. We'll all be fine

django 123 wrote: »

Do you know where I could find sample local/colloquial type phrases ?

Emmalou94 wrote: »
    Quick question. Did my paper 1 of english last Wednesday and chose title 5 for my essay about the treadmill of life. Stupidly I left it until last and forgot to write the title that I chose but I obviously made reference to the title in my essay. Will I be penalised or what will happen?

I'd say you'll be penalised but not by much. The examiner will probably know by the end of your essay which title you chose anyway, but I'm not sure about this.

Anyone have sample Irish essay opening & closing they would so kindly donate to me. In dire need xo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

no.. once they know which essay you did so they can see if you referred to the question it won't matter,don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Emmalou94

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    no.. once they know which essay you did so they can see if you referred to the question it won't matter,don't worry :)
    Thanks so much ! I have just spent the past 5 days worrying for nothing probably!

Thanks so much ! I have just spent the past 5 days worrying for nothing probably!

no..i understand how something like that can be really worrying but don't , the examiners are smart they will realize which question you are answering , especially if you referred to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

Can someone please send me some Irish essay notes? Please anything :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

I doubt it very much that they would penalise you for it, they aren't that mean. At the end of the day they know that its your future in their hand and they don't want to be taking stupid marks off you for nothing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ILoveDance

i only have education system and cyberbullying prepaired :( am i safe or screwed?

ILoveDance wrote: »
    i only have education system and cyberbullying prepaired :( am i safe or screwed?

safe please god

What could you put into an essay on Coras Oideachais?

Is Irish similar to English with the essay? Like do you need a certain number of points in your essay or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    What could you put into an essay on Coras Oideachais?

- How its too narrow, puts too much pressure on students. The obscurity of the points system, how students have to take grinds because maybe a) Too many students in a class b) subjects are too hard. Theres load of stuff. You can even bring how the irish language is kept alive by making it a compulsory subject.

- How its too narrow, puts too much pressure on students. The obscurity of the points system, how students have to take grinds because maybe a) Too many students in a class b) subjects are too hard. Theres load of stuff. You can even bring how the irish language is kept alive by making it a compulsory subject.

Stressed to the max here now! I've one on Emigration, Problems in Ireland, Future of the Irish Language, in the midst of learning An Tóstal phrases and I was told Coras Oideachais is tipped. So little time :(

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alphashadows

Irish paper 1.. If you write an essay only slightly relevant to the question, but the Irish is perfect.. You could definitely get more than 80/100??

Irish paper 1.. If you write an essay only slightly relevant to the question, but the Irish is perfect.. You could definitely get more than 80/100??

not more no.. but you could get a good enough grade,it depends how irrelevant it is to the question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 alphashadows

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    not more no.. but you could get a good enough grade,it depends how irrelevant it is to the question

They only take 20 marks max off you for not answering the question tho yeah?

Advertisement