Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

everyone loves replying to me today......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

lc_2013 wrote: »
    Is Irish similar to English with the essay? Like do you need a certain number of points in your essay or what?

in a way.. you should have a certain amount of points yes but Irish is based on the content so once its all there it doesn't matter that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

They only take 20 marks max off you for not answering the question tho yeah?

i'd imagine so yes if the content is really good and does still link to the question is some way

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    in a way.. you should have a certain amount of points yes but Irish is based on the content so once its all there it doesn't matter that much

thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

Oh good god.... ive an essay on the education system learned off by heart.. fingers crossed for a que on that or even problems in society and I'll be away with it... eek!! Nerves!!

• Advertisement

Right I've decided to link An Chorás Oideachais & Teanga na Gaeilge into one essay. If neither come up my life is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Right I've decided to link An Chorás Oideachais & Teanga na Gaeilge into one essay. If neither come up my life is over.

There the 2 I have as well!Please God let them be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

I almost forgot about the cluaisthuiscint *_* Well theres another hour of my sleep gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flowerpoppy

Imirce is a dead cert!!!!

I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Do you know where I could find sample local/colloquial type phrases ?

Not really sorry but my friend has the shortcuts to success essay revision book and there's some in that. In response to your how to start/ end Irish essays it always looks good if you can start on a quote and end on one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

oh dear god what if i cant understand the titles :(

django 123 wrote: »
    Not really sorry but my friend has the shortcuts to success essay revision book and there's some in that. In response to your how to start/ end Irish essays it always looks good if you can start on a quote and end on one

Okay thanks. I'll see what I can do :)

buyer95 wrote: »
    There the 2 I have as well!Please God let them be there.

Whether it's one or the other, both topics are being discussed hahah

That fact that there's 5 titles this year gives me hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

5 Titles for the Aiste this year?

Why is that?

I'm just praying I understand what they are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

I have left it to now to study Irish and I'm in higher level. why am I such a tit. can someone please tell me some points I could make on mean chumarsaide? trying to sort out essay plans

I said I'd get up early and listen to an aural from the leaving cert papers... are the cds not right :-/ the Education System will hopefully come up as an essay....

lollie1234 wrote: »
    No no she didnt say that the others wouldnt come up, she just said IF Spailpin comes up Oisin wont and IF Oisin comes up Spailpin wont, unfortunately that doesnt mean the others wont come up, but leave out Hurlamaboc and An tEarrach Thiar because they are very very doubtful to come up again and if worst came and they repeated one (they wont repeat both) you could just make something up (they are only worth 5% overall). For An Triail I'm learning a general essay on the society because it includes unfair treatment of unmarried mothers, Ireland in the 50/60s, lack of christianity etc... and then I'm learning some general vocab on the role of men... Dreading this exam the most :/

I would love this An Triail general essay.. I can forward something from Irish on to you as a swop?? I was told if we go blank and cannot think of specific things just write a summary of the book or story and they will have to mark it ;) Also out of the pros.. I've heard oisin and An Gnathrud.. and out of the poems.. Geibheann and An Spailpín Fánach.. Also.. I was reading the front of the Papers the other day and it said that we can take the text straight out of the comprehension and use it as an answer.. the only que we cannot do that with is Q. 6.. I'm dreading this essay today but tomor is gonna be a stickler too... Dreading An Triail.. please can I have that essay... By you typing it out you will also be learning it...:rolleyes:

5 Titles for the Aiste this year?

Why is that?

I'm just praying I understand what they are!!

Aiste & ALT have been combined this year so 5 titles to choose from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

matTNT wrote: »
    Red bull will not work, it will keep you up but you may be fooked mentally for the exam. The best plan I've heard is sleep for 12am to 6am, then get up and take a berrocca boost straight away. You are mentally on top for the exam.

I've been doing this since the start of the exams, it's working so well.

• Advertisement

The berocca or red bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Yeah me too, it's the way to go - definitely bringing some to Magaluff to make sure I don't get scurvy or whatever haha

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

When will the marking schemes be put on examinations.ie ? :)

My Irish essay is going to be 2 pages long, fml

My Irish essay is going to be 2 pages long, fml

what essay are you concentrating on??

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    what essay are you concentrating on??

Education system and irish language

Education system and irish language

Yeh I'm so focusing on the Education System.. something is telling me it'll be on the paper.. At the min (such last minute but hey!!) I'm looking at an opening and closing of a Díospóireacht incase the education system comes up in that section.. fingers crossed it comes up somewhere or i'm fooked with a capital 'F'!!

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Yeh I'm so focusing on the Education System.. something is telling me it'll be on the paper.. At the min (such last minute but hey!!) I'm looking at an opening and closing of a Díospóireacht incase the education system comes up in that section.. fingers crossed it comes up somewhere or i'm fooked with a capital 'F'!!

It's the only thing I'm preparing for haha, and yes I have that feeling as well! I'll be praying for us!!! Didn't think of that, might have to learn diospoireacht layout incase eeeeek good luck:)

It's the only thing I'm preparing for haha, and yes I have that feeling as well! I'll be praying for us!!! Didn't think of that, might have to learn diospoireacht layout incase eeeeek good luck:)

I'm praying for us too!!! Good luck to you too :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Well that's all the bull****ty mandatory exams out of the way - let the real exams begin!

Advertisement