Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭abdul 1995

fontdor wrote: »
    I highly doubt Heaney but Plath yes. I would say Mahon and Plath
    please dont just learn off plath people its what i did last year and she didnt come up, the memory still hurts :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

matTNT wrote: »
    My history predictions:

Nazi Propaganda/Nazi State

Land Question/1886 General Election

1913 Strike and Lockout/Anglo Irish Treaty

That's all I'm studying from the 100 mark essays, I might add one to the dictatorships and democracies section like Italian Fascism but I hate studying Britain and France.

The lock out is from the same book as the land question not the treaty, I'm sure it's just a typo but that's fairly dodgy if you're only preparing the treaty from the pursuit of sovereignty section!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

The lock out is from the same book as the land question not the treaty, I'm sure it's just a typo but that's fairly dodgy if you're only preparing the treaty from the pursuit of sovereignty section!

Yeah you're right, I should know that I did the Land question over 1913 in the mocks :p

I reckon I'll actually study the econmic policy 1922-1939.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

My history predictions.

Soverignity and Partition

Anglo Irish Treaty Negotations
    Ireland Home Rule - Unionist and Nationalist Response

Dictatorship & Democracy

Nazi Propaganda
    Stalinist Russia Economic Policies

Northern Ireland
    Welfare State
    Sunningdale Agreement
    Apprentice Boys
    Northern Ireland - Impact of War

Northern Ireland is the most tricky part as anything could be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

hey so guys any economics, chemsitry, biology, english, maths, french and agricultural science predictions :) please and thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

study13 wrote: »
    hey so guys any economics, chemsitry, biology, english, maths, french and agricultural science predictions :) please and thank you

For maths, a long question on Paper 1 on Financial Maths because it's new for 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

0mega wrote: »
    For maths, a long question on Paper 1 on Financial Maths because it's new for 2013.

Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gr8loolz

peekachoo wrote: »
    you can really never predict art history. Besides you answer 3 questions out of 21, you don't need to predict! :P

True, there's got to be some pattern somewhere though :( Could youtell me what artists you're learning for the european section? we havn't done anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

In art history a question about a gallery visit always comes up in section 3. so You ca basically learn off one question and use it to fit. For European section just learn about 4 of the artists that you do best in writing about and you should be safe, try and cover most eras :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

I'm almost certain Mahon will come up, hasn't Kinsella come up the past 2 years?

I'd love if Mahon came up, got 49/50 in the Pre on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm almost certain Mahon will come up, hasn't Kinsella come up the past 2 years?

I'd love if Mahon came up, got 49/50 in the Pre on him

I'd say if Mahon comes up it won't be an easy question. As in, it won't be a question basically saying something like "He can evoke the mood of people and places well" or something like that. There was a fairly tough question on him in one of the mock papers ; I'd say it'll be something like that.

I'm thinking Shakespeare, Mahon, Hopkins and Plath. I'd really like that anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

History I would reckon:

Documents: Katanga

Movements for Reform: Land Question, Lockout

Sovereignty + Partition: Something on the government of ireland and the two parties leading it between 1922 and 1937, be it economic, anglo-irish policy or consolidating democracy or building the free state...

USA and The World: Domestic factors affecting Foreign Policy eg McCarthyism

I fùcking pray I'm right

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

I know Geography probably isn't as predictable cause of the TONS of possible essays, but, any idea what could come up? In particular in relation to Regional and Global Interdependence?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Anyone have business or geography ? both HL

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Petermt

I think its amazing how much time,effort, speculation and worry is spent on the studied poetry - Its worth 50 marks - the single text is 60, the comparative is 70 marks and the composing is worth 100 marks (25% of your entire English paper). Keep that in mind..

Also with economics some people are trying to only get away with only the Micro. Remember they will throw a macro into the part C of a question, such as why the price of residential property has fallen in recent years on a Land question, or a relocation of industry part C on enterprise.

Across the board they will adjust the amount of grades awarded in every subject. There can only be a certain percentage of A1s, B1s etc. With honors maths last year, people were passing with 32%. In honors English a number of years back, people were getting A's with 78%.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Anyone want to give honours accounting a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hatinabox123

Biology

Long Questions will mostly consist of....

1. Genetics.
    2.Ecology.
    3.DNA.
    4.Neurons.
    5.Plants INCLUDING REPRODUCTION.
    6.Human Reproduction.
    7.Senses e.g the eye or ear but most likely the eye.

DCG

1. Interpenetration.
    2. Conics.
    3. Perspective.
    4. Co-ordinate planes.

I would not be surprised that interpen won't have a show this year as it's become the banker or a question for teachers.

AG

Question 3 should probably be.

1. Sheep.
    2. Pigs.

Less likely but still highly recommendable would be Crops here too.

The experiment questions are going to be their usual crap just do all of the questions back to 2000 and you should be covered + DO ALL THE EXPERIMENT QUESTIONS AS EVERYONE F**KS THEMSELVES OVER HERE.

Construction

The drawing will probably be

1. Floor.
    2. Roof e.g span a roof over 11m.
    3. Window or a door could be likely also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hatinabox123

comeclosa wrote: »
    I know Geography probably isn't as predictable cause of the TONS of possible essays, but, any idea what could come up? In particular in relation to Regional and Global Interdependence?
    Physical

- Formation of 2 sedimentary/metamorphic rocks.
    - Folding WITH IRISH EXAMPLES.
    - The development of an Irish feature of erosion/deposition.
    - Karst landscape, probably subsurface feature.

I'm not even going to bother chancing regional as it's so dodge. Sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 exkatt

Irish essays anyone? So far im going with Daoine Oga, Gaeilge, Oideachas and an tOstal (the gathering). Any ideas anyone? thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

exkatt wrote: »
    Irish essays anyone? So far im going with Daoine Oga, Gaeilge, Oideachas and an tOstal (the gathering). Any ideas anyone? thanks.

Apparently Emigration (eisimirce/imirce) are likely to come up this year... Obviously it could be wrong, so don't take it as gospel. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Toblerone123

Anyone got any predictions for Home Ec or Business? I know I'm going to be focusing on lipids for Home Ec but that's about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I know it's a touchy subject as it's so "unpredictable" but I'm almost convinced it's gonna be Plath and Shakespeare on this years paper. Shakespeare has yet to come up on and Plath hasn't been on since 2007!

exkatt wrote: »

Would 'Ginmhilleadh' be too controversial to have? It was topical in around October/November when the papers would've been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'd be very, very surprised if it came up tbh, really wouldn't be worth the trouble for the SEC I'd imagine. I'm not doing it but I wouldn't be too surprised if something more general like 'Cumhacht Na Meain Cumarsaide' came up instead, as the Savita Halapannavar case was very topical at the time and sure that's where all the controversy stemmed from.

I'm doing Daoine Oga, An Ghaeilge, An Coras Oideachais, An Tostal and I have a generic 'the country's in a mess' essay, and I'm leaving it at that,hopefully I won't need to do too much improvising. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mundungus portfolio

French opinion question predictions? sil vous plait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

French opinion question predictions? sil vous plait

My teacher thinks something about healthy eating/diets, personally i am feeling something on education..?

Slow Show wrote: »
    I'd be very, very surprised if it came up tbh, really wouldn't be worth the trouble for the SEC I'd imagine. I'm not doing it but I wouldn't be too surprised if something more general like 'Cumhacht Na Meain Cumarsaide' came up instead, as the Savita Halapannavar case was very topical at the time and sure that's where all the controversy stemmed from.

I'm doing Daoine Oga, An Ghaeilge, An Coras Oideachais, An Tostal and I have a generic 'the country's in a mess' essay, and I'm leaving it at that,hopefully I won't need to do too much improvising. :P

Yes, I think you're probably right about that.

What the heck is 'An Tostal'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Yes, I think you're probably right about that.

What the heck is 'An Tostal'?

The Gathering.

The Gathering.

.. What is 'The Gathering'? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

.. What is 'The Gathering'? :pac:

I didn't know what it was either until the day of my Irish oral :P It's basically a government initiative to bring Irish people back to Ireland and people to Ireland in general by hosting events etc. You should google it if you want more info I'm probably not the best person to ask :o

Advertisement