Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

doogybag wrote: »
    anyone got a sample an triail answer they woild like 2 post?

I don't but this youtube video might help ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93UNoQKqXSk

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thisguy145

Guys leaving cert isn't all bad.... The superintendent only eats one biscuit so when I'm going out I take the other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

matTNT wrote: »
    Today in our exam our superintendent put the Irish oral on shuffle and everybody FREAKED OUT! People were muttering to each other and the superintendent had no idea what to do when it played Cuid C first :P

Our examiner started playing the CD without giving us out the QUESTIONS first. So I asked her could she stop it and give out the questions, and she goes I gave them out. (She had given out the answer booklet for the essay) It wasn't until about 5 people joined in that she finally realised and gave them out. We started about 15 minutes late because of her. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

Any have any clue what to study for construction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

For Irish Comprehension, is it true that you lose marks by copying directly from the text? Do I have to put the answers into my own words?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

lc_2013 wrote: »
    For Irish Comprehension, is it true that you lose marks by copying directly from the text? Do I have to put the answers into my own words?

I thought it was changed and you can now pick it out of the text but you will be penalised if you put in too much so like don't just write out the paragraph or whatever! Make sure that whatever you have is relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

Daniel L wrote: »
    IM SO GLAD IM DYSLEXIC lol
    me too. chuffed. Never been so happy in my life :D

hey hey wrote: »
    me too. chuffed. Never been so happy in my life :D
    Ino :D only chuffed with me smelff :L feel sorry for all this irish ****e :L

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

lc_2013 wrote: »

Nope at the start of our exam papers it says that we can take out of the text except for question 6 (b)

shawnanana wrote: »
    I thought it was changed and you can now pick it out of the text but you will be penalised if you put in too much so like don't just write out the paragraph or whatever! Make sure that whatever you have is relevant

Ah yeah I get you thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 mary189

For biology tomorrow do you think I can get away from not learning plant reproduction? Hate it too much

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    Nope at the start of our exam papers it says that we can take out of the text except for question 6 (b)

That's fab news thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Prince Swag

to study for biology or irish first, that is the question..........

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Meganonomous

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Any one have any tips for DCG or ag science?

Yeah! DCG
    interpenetration
    possibly a long question on solids in contact
    road maps obviously
    perspective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Yeah! DCG
    interpenetration
    possibly a long question on solids in contact
    road maps obviously
    perspective

Sound, I suppose the only way to study dcg is to practice!

Any have any clue what to study for construction ?

ehm... deffinately know u values your drawings and the passive house(if your teacher did it with you)
    then planning permission
    and the rest you kinda just need to know the basics of... be grand sure! :)

Irish ordinary level predictions please!!! sorry... dont mean to be an annoyance to higher level students who have so much to do in paper two but need to get an A in ord irish so can anyone help a sister out? :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

I am literally learning those and hoping they come up!!

Don't blame me if it goes all wrong!

doogybag wrote: »
    ye I was thinking these too, why do u tink these will come up? :)

A. Gut feeling
    B. My English prediction was spot on.
    C. It's the only ones I've studied. :P

Irish ordinary level predictions please!!! sorry... dont mean to be an annoyance to higher level students who have so much to do in paper two but need to get an A in ord irish so can anyone help a sister out? :P :)
    what school you in ? if it a country schools youve a better chance they tend to get higher grades in irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Flowerpoppy

Don't blame me if it goes all wrong!

I can only blame myself!! If comprehension and an triail go my way il be happy! I can sacrifice the rest :/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

I can only blame myself!! If comprehension and an triail go my way il be happy! I can sacrifice the rest :/

have you an an triail sample answer I could use please? :)

nope in a city school but dont see what that has to do with it!! hahaha best of luck anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

what school you in ? if it a country schools youve a better chance they tend to get higher grades in irish

What a load of B.S:pac:

no im serious :L look up the figures :L ****ed up ino :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I reckon I should be alright with the obvious ones - Role of women in Dís, Béaloidis in O.i.T.na.O, troubles in Gnathrud and so on... I haven't even looked at Hurlamaboc or An tEarrach Thiar though, they shouldn't come up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Em no. I go to a school where a good few of the people drive to school in tractors. We're no better than Irish at anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Country people don't have an unfair advantage, its just that areas like Kerry, Donegal and Galway are generally going to bring the average up because Irish is so well promoted there. In most other counties in Ireland I'd say Irish is more improtant than it is in Dublin.

Oh same 5% isn't huge is everything else goes to plan. Can't believe comprehension a are worth more than each of the other sections on the paper. Considering the amount of work/ time studying you out into everything else on the paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

what are people learning for history ?

Dictatorship & Dem.
    Mussolini everything
    Stalin internal & external policies
    British economy
    technology of war

Soveirgnty& Partition
    Rise of Sinn Fein (1918 elections)
    Cumann na ngaedhal vs. fianna fail economic policy
    WT Cosgrave
    Belfast WW2

Northern Ireland
    welfare state
    civil rights movement
    lead up to sunningdale
    failure of sunning dale

If this doesnt get me through Im royally screwed. I recommend Nazi Propaganda too im just not bothering with it.

Advertisement