Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

Gretog wrote: »
    Dictatorship & Dem.
    Mussolini everything
    Stalin internal & external policies
    British economy
    technology of war

Soveirgnty& Partition
    Rise of Sinn Fein (1918 elections)
    Cumann na ngaedhal vs. fianna fail economic policy
    WT Cosgrave
    Belfast WW2

Northern Ireland
    welfare state
    civil rights movement
    lead up to sunningdale
    failure of sunning dale

If this doesnt get me through Im royally screwed. I recommend Nazi Propaganda too im just not bothering with it.
    learn these

TheIrish Volunteers

Political Crisisin Britain

1. In 1909 the British governmentwas plunged into crisis as a result of the House of Lords rejecting the budgetproposed by the Liberals. 2. Two general elections took place in 1910. Both ledto a stalemate with the Irish Parliamentary Party (IPP) holding the balance ofpower.

3. The Liberal Party, supported by the IPP decided to prevent the Houseof Lords stopping legislation proposed by the British Government. 4. Theypassed a law that removed the veto the House of Lords. In future the House ofLords could only hold up legislation for two years

What was the effect of this change?

1.Every time the British Government attempted to introduce Home Rule for Irelandthe House of Lords stopped it.

2. When the British Governmentintroduced a Bill in 1912 that would grant Home Rule to Ireland, the House ofLords could only delay it for two years.

How didNationalists respond to the establishment of the UVF ?

1. The establishment of the UVF posed a threat to Nationalists and toHome Rule.

2. Despite this many Nationalists welcomed the establishment of theUVF.

3. The Irish Republican Brotherhood argued that it would allowNationalists to also establish an armed group to fight for Home Rule for thewhole island.

4. It became inevitable that Nationalists would have to respond todevelopments.

What was the reaction in Ireland?

1. The IrishParliamentary Party were very popular in Ireland. All over the countrysupporters of Home Rule praised the IPP and it’s leader, John Redmond, forachieving Home Rule for Ireland.

2. Among Unionists, however, there was utter dismaythat they could be betrayed by a British government.

3. In response Unionists, under the leadership ofEdward Carson, established the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) as an armed group,to resist Home Rule.

4.Under pressure from the UVF and the Conservative Party in Britain, the LiberalGovernment proposed that Ulster would be excluded from Home Rule. Howwere the Irish Volunteers established?

1. With the supportof the IRB, Eoin Mac Neill, a leading figure in Nationalist circles, called ameeting in Dublin on 25 November 1913 to establish the Irish Volunteers.

2. The IRB hadalready begun military training and organisations like the GAA and the GaelicLeague were actively supporting the initiative.

3. Hundredsattended the meeting in Dublin and meetings followed all over the country.

4. Within weeksthousands had joined the Irish Volunteers and by the middle of 1914 they hadover 110,000 members.
    Why was Home Rule not introduced in 1914?

1. The First WorldWar started before Home Rule could be introduced and the British Governmentpostponed Home Rule until the war was over.

2. Leader of theIPP, John Redmond, called on all members of the Irish Volunteers to join theBritish Army, but Eoin MacNeill opposed Redmond.

3. The IrishVolunteers split.

4. Over 100,000supported Redmond who formed the National Volunteers.

5. About 10,000rejected the call to fight and remained with MacNeill in the Irish Volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Carrieo

Anybody have a technology of warfare essay that they wouldn't mind giving to a poor soul like myself ? Eoin jackson predicted it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

Carrieo wrote: »
    Anybody have a technology of warfare essay that they wouldn't mind giving to a poor soul like myself ? Eoin jackson predicted it

I dont sorry Im working from revise wise and my book and the internet, trying to piece together an answer isnt so easy on it the info is pretty vague in the revise wise. I hope hes right though and it comes up!

Gretog wrote: »
    I dont sorry Im working from revise wise and my book and the internet, trying to piece together an answer isnt so easy on it the info is pretty vague in the revise wise. I hope hes right though and it comes up!

Have decided that i am just going to leave that! Im trying to study economic and social problems during the inter war years. Are you learning everything off the predictions or just bits and pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flowerpoppy

Oh same 5% isn't huge is everything else goes to plan. Can't believe comprehension a are worth more than each of the other sections on the paper. Considering the amount of work/ time studying you out into everything else on the paper

So our luck was in :) except for the poetry but I can live with that!! Very nice paper 2 :) hurray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

How did people find Pass Biology? I found it a lot easier than I thought it would be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Predictions for business or art?

Carrieo wrote: »
    Have decided that i am just going to leave that! Im trying to study economic and social problems during the inter war years. Are you learning everything off the predictions or just bits and pieces?

Yes britain definitely! Im just learning everything that didnt come up last year and a few case studies because SOMETHING that didnt come up last year surely will come up and if not I will just cry. Thats how I decided on the list I have up there of things Im studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pippa1995

Any predictions for french essay titles :( ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Could someone post like key words to use in the comparison and criticism section of documents always go down on that part!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Pippa1995 wrote: »

The majority is saying le dopage, le monde de technologie (riseaux social et portables, des choses comme ca) la santé,. My teacher has tipped immigration, something to do with technology or education, health/dopage

what should i be studying for construction? id like to get a C in higher level and i have a good project

immigration, le dopage, health, fashion, technology, religion and famiky life are all topics that havent come up in a while.

My french teacher said recession and maybe a diary entry about a parent losing a job

Do ye think putting on cyber intimidation is too sensitive? I've a thing on phoebe prince prepared but not sure should I learn it if there is not a hope of it coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pippa1995

does anyone think abortion is going to come up in french because its such a talked about thing in the last few months ? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Daniel L wrote: »
    what should i be studying for construction? id like to get a C in higher level and i have a good project

If you work your arse off like the night before you should I got an A1 by doing loads the night before! And an A1 in Christmas! So yeah do exam questions like ya can bend all the info to fit in everywhere I think !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mary189

What should I learn for higher level french?

If you work your arse off like the night before you should I got an A1 by doing loads the night before! And an A1 in Christmas! So yeah do exam questions like ya can bend all the info to fit in everywhere I think !
    thanks but what areas im ok for passive housing and u values but theres other questions that a different every year wat do i do fer dem

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lc_2013

French topic questions anyone? PS Biology=fail

• Advertisement

does anyone think abortion is going to come up in french because its such a talked about thing in the last few months ? :/

I really doubt it, the same for stds and sex issues.
    It's not covered by most teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maisy96

I have learned fashion, drugs/smoking, alcohol, education, the gathering, immigration, health and sports, fast food, technology, reality tv and the recession oh and inequality for French HL... PLEASE SOMEONE REASSURE ME THAT THAT'S ENOUGH?? :/:( i need an A1 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Maisy96 wrote: »
    I have learned fashion, drugs/smoking, alcohol, education, the gathering, immigration, health and sports, fast food, technology, reality tv and the recession oh and inequality for French HL... PLEASE SOMEONE REASSURE ME THAT THAT'S ENOUGH?? :/:( i need an A1 ..
    Are you for reaaaal :o Thats more than enough :o I can honestly say i dont even know 1 of them topics :(:( Screwed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Maisy96 wrote: »

You are most certainly covered there! I'm going to learn a few from that list :P You can't relax, you're sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

Any have any predictions for higher level business and art ? Don't know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura 18

And higher level history please :)

Hoping for some sort of divine inspiration in French tomorrow :(

200c200c wrote: »
    Hoping for some sort of divine inspiration in French tomorrow :(
    maybe jesus will come to you french toast :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Has anybody got a 'Le Dopage' essay or 'Immigration' for French? I stupidly deleted the Le Dopage one I got :( It would be much appreciated!

• Advertisement

Daniel L wrote: »
    maybe jesus will come to you french toast :cool:
    Thinking about hiring a native french person for the day to sit my exam :p If only :(

Advertisement