Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

CLASSICAL STUDIES PREDICTIONS ANYONE??

My teacher says a battle for alexander and mosaic for roman art and architecture but doe anyone have anything else for those topics?
    Also greek drama and epic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seanie2011

Tips for German & Construction anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Any one else do physics and chemistry combined?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 car2626

For the fascist regimes in history yesterday could you just talk about Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 crammer13

What are peoples thoughts on the business exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

crammer13 wrote: »

you should look in the business before/after thread , plenty of opinions :P but i didn't really like it! ABQ was lovely thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ana27

Chemistry predictions anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RachyM

Music predictions anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

What are people learning for German? Like what topics for the letter and stuff?
    Kinda worried about it cause if I don't get at least a C3 I can't get any of my courses :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Anyone feel slightly bewildered that it's all over? This time a week and a half ago we were all panicking and here we are.. All behind us. (for must of us). Feels weird that all our education had basically being preparing us for these exams and now theyre finished. WHATS THE POINT IN LIFE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

SecondMan wrote: »
    Anyone feel slightly bewildered that it's all over? This time a week and a half ago we were all panicking and here we are.. All behind us. (for must of us). Feels weird that all our education had basically being preparing us for these exams and now theyre finished. WHATS THE POINT IN LIFE.

To annoy people who haven't finished yet? #thursdsayhurryup

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ana27

Yes I know exactly what you mean. Time to just move on now I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gretog

CLASSICAL STUDIES PREDICTIONS ANYONE??

My teacher says a battle for alexander and mosaic for roman art and architecture but doe anyone have anything else for those topics?
    Also greek drama and epic?

ive heard alexander mosaic too for art and architecture, then also the ara pacis, the mutinies for alexander, the role of creon and aegeus in medea and I dont know about the rest. Theres very little you can do in prometheus bound and my class never did any of the other plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Leaving cert is not over until all the farmers are out of ag science !!!

Leaving cert is not over until all the farmers are out of ag science !!!

Bad planning by the SEC to have the farmers kept away from silage,, causes a lot of rows between farmers wives and there sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Meganonomous

Right... these are my predictions for construction exam
    -chimney detail and roof detail/threshold detail
    -question on wheelchair access
    -obviously U-values, Passive housing and Planning permission
    -I also have this weird feeling they are gonna put up two questions on passive housing... dunno why though but its the same feeling i had about bacteria in biology so lets hope i'm some sort of psychic or something! :P
    -Maybe site safety id say and a bit on insulation

thats basically the whole ****ing course... i've just realised this... oh well! lads lets get a ****ing A1! also having 4 exams left to do is a ****ing nightmare!!!!!!

:):):):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

crammer13 wrote: »

personally very happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Right... these are my predictions for construction exam
    -chimney detail and roof detail/threshold detail
    -question on wheelchair access
    -obviously U-values, Passive housing and Planning permission
    -I also have this weird feeling they are gonna put up two questions on passive housing... dunno why though but its the same feeling i had about bacteria in biology so lets hope i'm some sort of psychic or something! :P
    -Maybe site safety id say and a bit on insulation

thats basically the whole ****ing course... i've just realised this... oh well! lads lets get a ****ing A1! also having 4 exams left to do is a ****ing nightmare!!!!!!

:):):):rolleyes:

roofs came up last year so it highly unlikely it will come up again foundations is more likely so i would be expecting foundation up to fireplace/window up to lintel and maybe even door but don't see a roof drawing they never seem to repeat same drawing question

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Simonp24

Any German letter predictions,grammar and Ausserung Zum Thema possibilities please??:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Bad planning by the SEC to have the farmers kept away from silage, causes a lot of rows between farmers wives and there sons.
    In fairness, while the LC and the farming calendar never harmonise terribly well, I don't remember a year where the silage topic was quite such a hot potato as this one.

• Advertisement

Irish farming by calendar just doesn't work at all!
    Could be a very hot topic for another year if this weather doesn't pick up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Irish farming by calendar just doesn't work at all!
    Lol, true.
    Could be a very hot topic for another year if this weather doesn't pick up!
    Yeah, I can just imagine the Min. for Education telling all the townies they had to do the LC in March to suit the farmers' kids! :D

50 years ago maybe, when a much higher proportion of Ireland's population were involved directly in agriculture. These days, he'd be promptly lynched!!

In fact, the necessary labour of farmers' sons during the summer years ago, esp. when farms were more dependent on manual labour / less mechanised, was one of the original reasons for the fact that summer holidays in Ireland are longer than in most countries in Europe.

Lol, true.

Yeah, I can just imagine the Min. for Education telling all the townies they had to do the LC in March to suit the farmers' kids! :D

50 years ago maybe, when a much higher proportion of Ireland's population were involved directly in agriculture. These days, he'd be promptly lynched!!

In fact, the necessary labour of farmers' sons during the summer years ago, esp. when farms were more dependent on manual labour / less mechanised, was one of the original reasons for the fact that summer holidays in Ireland are longer than in most countries in Europe.

They mightn't mind doin the exams then seen as they would be finished during the good weather!
    I never knew that about the holidays! Another point for my argument against the townies when they start slagging farmers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

Gretog wrote: »
    ive heard alexander mosaic too for art and architecture, then also the ara pacis, the mutinies for alexander, the role of creon and aegeus in medea and I dont know about the rest. Theres very little you can do in prometheus bound and my class never did any of the other plays.

thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Emmalou94

Ana27 wrote: »
    Chemistry predictions anyone?
    For experiments: Ethanol or Ethanoic acid, possibly a water experiment (dissolved oxygen in water) and then rates of reaction. Then for the long questions definitely periodic history and ionisation energies, equilibrium as a full question, stiochiometry and organics and fuels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Emmalou94

Does anybody have any accounting tips while Im here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RoisinMD

any OL physics prediction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EmmaR

Anyone have any music predictions? I'm hoping they repeat Bohemian Rhapsody again but I doubt they will :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orlalc94

Chemistry predictions pleaseeee?? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Amycork

Music essay predictions?????????????

Advertisement