Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RachyM

Amycork wrote: »
    Music essay predictions?????????????

I read somewhere the Irish Harp but I'm not sure if that's right! What are you learning for it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EmmaR

RachyM wrote: »
    I read somewhere the Irish Harp but I'm not sure if that's right! What are you learning for it?!

That came up in the Debs Mock too! That's what I'm learning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Emmalou94

orlalc94 wrote: »
    Chemistry predictions pleaseeee?? :O
    For experiments: Ethanol or Ethanoic acid, possibly a water experiment (dissolved oxygen in water) and then rates of reaction. Then for the long questions definitely periodic history and ionisation energies, equilibrium as a full question, stiochiometry and organics and fuels

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

is that the irish harping tradition or is that a different essay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

doogybag wrote: »
    is that the irish harping tradition or is that a different essay?

Harping trad yep. just include the medieval days.planxites..types of harp then the Belfast harp festival.a lovely essay.Such an annoying question however haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

amicus wrote: »
    Harping trad yep. just include the medieval days.planxites..types of harp then the Belfast harp festival.a lovely essay.Such an annoying question however haha

ok thanks, any other preditions?

doogybag wrote: »
    ok thanks, any other preditions?

Hmm. Collectors , sean nos , sean o riada , ceili bands. Im pretty much sorted for anything else on music.This question is annoying ha .

Hmm. Collectors , sean nos , sean o riada , ceili bands. Im pretty much sorted for anything else on music.This question is annoying ha .

Which Set Work do you think will come up for the long question?

Which Set Work do you think will come up for the long question?

Im hoping anything but bohemian :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

:eek: Blasphemy! But in all seriousness, if Barry comes up I am screwed, I can't tell apart the sections let alone tell you features of them.

• Advertisement

kevin12345 wrote: »
    :eek: Blasphemy! But in all seriousness, if Barry comes up I am screwed, I can't tell apart the sections let alone tell you features of them.

I don't mind Barry too be honest! It's Bach that I'm fecked for!!!

Hahaha cause you'd never get harder than that :D

Hahaha cause you'd never get harder than that :D

I think the questions they ask on the other works are easier

I think the questions they ask on the other works are easier

I suppose but it's the easiest to pick up and tell the difference between sections! I doubt it'll be the long question though, it came up last year!!! ;)

I suppose but it's the easiest to pick up and tell the difference between sections! I doubt it'll be the long question though, it came up last year!!! ;)

Tbh either way im happy.Just hope the essays are ok.. A q.6 choral work would be nice also

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RuairiMul

Leaving cert is not over until all the farmers are out of ag science !!!

too true, stuck at home looking at the dental formula of a ****ing pig while everyone else is going out and getting locked, i feel like this lad

uglyoz2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1278911519059

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

the physics side of physchem, anyone?

Tbh either way im happy.Just hope the essays are ok.. A q.6 choral work would be nice also
    Yeah same as ;) I would really love an A2 in music so I'm hoping the paper is decent! Well Good Luck anyway and thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Meganonomous

anyone else think the construction exam was a load of bollocks?

also, anyone got DCG or AG predictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Elceeney wrote: »
    the physics side of physchem, anyone?

Another phys/chem person :O I would have said the chemistry part, I can't get my head around chemistry at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Another phys/chem person :O I would have said the chemistry part, I can't get my head around chemistry at all!

Aw man I really don't mind the chemistry part! Q6, Q7, Q8 and Q12 for Chemistry is what I'm going for.. For physics, not so sure.. I'm thinking short q's and Q2 mechanics but after that I'm stumped..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Elceeney wrote: »
    Aw man I really don't mind the chemistry part! Q6, Q7, Q8 and Q12 for Chemistry is what I'm going for.. For physics, not so sure.. I'm thinking short q's and Q2 mechanics but after that I'm stumped..

Is q6 not physics? Haha
    Im goin with Q2, Q3 and either Q1 or 6 for physics, and for chemistry, Id say twill be Q8, Q9 and either Q7 or Q12
    Fairly screwed for the chemistry part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

anyone else think the construction exam was a load of bollocks?

also, anyone got DCG or AG predictions?
    Aye it was terrible just hope I scrap a pass and have my project and practical to back my overall percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisa knowles

iron tablets could come up

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisa knowles

predictions for higher chemistry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

DCG:
    Section A: I expect to see a minor interpentration q, an eccentricity q, an axonometric and maybe a focal sphere q.
    Section B: Intersecting planes, perspective, solids in contact (yes!)
    Section C should be as per usual with Structural forms relating to a hyperbolic parabloid and surface geom. I think will be a very long q with developments, dihedra angles etc.

My DCG predictions:

Question A: eccentricity, axonometric, perspective
    Question B: Interpenetration, lines in space (or axonometric), Solids in contact
    Question C: The usuals i.e road geometry, structural froms, etc

this is probably a stupid question but for pass irish were you ment to answer the listening in irish or english?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

My DCG predictions:

Question A: eccentricity, axonometric, skew lines
    Question B: Perspective, axonometric, Oblique Plane
    Question C: road geometry, structural froms,surface geometry etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

this is probably a stupid question but for pass irish were you ment to answer the listening in irish or english?

it was supposed to be answered in Irish :)

Advertisement