Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 exkatt

Tips for human geography anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Is the economy too predictable an essay title for irish? Also is there anywhere decent online I can get notes for the essays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Is the economy too predictable an essay title for irish? Also is there anywhere decent online I can get notes for the essays?

It came up a few years ago and isn't so topical anymore so I'm not sure it would come up.

Also, regarding this Gathering, wouldn't it be an awfully specific title? It's almost like an essay you'd write in history? Surely cultur na hÉireann would be more likely.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

0mega wrote: »
    It came up a few years ago and isn't so topical anymore so I'm not sure it would come up.

Also, regarding this Gathering, wouldn't it be an awfully specific title? It's almost like an essay you'd write in history? Surely cultur na hÉireann would be more likely.

Personally think the essay titles are a bit stupid in general, wouldnt be able to write about half of them in English let alone Irish.. But apparently one year after the US elections an essay title of "An Uachtaran Barack Obama" came up. Like... what?! I definitely think the Tostal is worth learning about.

When are the exam papers made up does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

deise_girl wrote: »
    Personally think the essay titles are a bit stupid in general, wouldnt be able to write about half of them in English let alone Irish.. But apparently one year after the US elections an essay title of "An Uachtaran Barack Obama" came up. Like... what?! I definitely think the Tostal is worth learning about.

When are the exam papers made up does anyone know?

i think it is like october/november?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Physical

- Formation of 2 sedimentary/metamorphic rocks.
    - Folding WITH IRISH EXAMPLES.
    - The development of an Irish feature of erosion/deposition.
    - Karst landscape, probably subsurface feature.

I'm not even going to bother chancing regional as it's so dodge. Sorry :)

I was told this but he said formation of two igneous rocks, I'm learning the formation of them all to be safe.
    My own teacher thinks the demographic transition model might come up as a 30 marker.
    Would 'Ginmhilleadh' be too controversial to have? It was topical in around October/November when the papers would've been made.

Yeah i'm wondering this too, I think the topic is too sensitive to put on the paper though?
    Do ye think Maistineacht could come up due to the amount of cyber bullying around august/september?
    French opinion question predictions? sil vous plait
    aimzLc2 wrote: »
    My teacher thinks something about healthy eating/diets, personally i am feeling something on education..?

My french teacher thinks Healthy eating too or something to do with obesity
    The role of women in society or old people in society
    The dangers of social networking or Drugs in sport (le dopage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Hey guys i never really look into predictions but i'd be interested to see what anyone thinks the biology experiment questions could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 taptap22

Would i be safe for english if I study Mahon,Wordworth,Kinsella and Hopkins for poetry ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

taptap22 wrote: »
    Would i be safe for english if I study Mahon,Wordworth,Kinsella and Hopkins for poetry ?

That's not five poets, so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 taptap22

but can 3 female poets come up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Hey guys i never really look into predictions but i'd be interested to see what anyone thinks the biology experiment questions could be?

I think "enzyme immobilisation and its application" & " isolation of DNA" are highly likely. There will be an experiment questions with lots of short questions based on most of the experiments such as T.S stem, food tests, quantitive surveys etc

I don't think fungi/rhizopus/yeast, blood, genetic engineering, brain/nervous system will come up this year.

Highly likely:
    Skin, homeostatsis, defence system, DNA, bacteria, endocrine system, human reproduction, respiration, ecology, genetics, muscles & skeleton, plants (transport & gas exchange), food (short q's)

borrch wrote: »
    I think "enzyme immobilisation and its application" & " isolation of DNA" are highly likely. There will be an experiment questions with lots of short questions based on most of the experiments such as T.S stem, food tests, quantitive surveys etc

I don't think fungi/rhizopus/yeast, blood, genetic engineering, brain/nervous system will come up this year.

Highly likely:
    Skin, homeostatsis, defence system, DNA, bacteria, endocrine system, human reproduction, respiration, ecology, genetics, muscles & skeleton, plants (transport & gas exchange), food (short q's)

The heart & lymphatic system also likely for this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

For Spanish I reckon one of the conprehensioms is going to be about the old woman who "restored" a very famous painting and did a terrible job, she couldn't see what was wrong with it. It was a famous story involving Spain, how could it not come up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any physics predictions?

The heart & lymphatic system also likely for this year.

I agree, actually i'm probably wrong about the defence system coming up this year

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

any economics, ag science and chemistry predictions please and thank you

Any physics predictions?

Physics is very predictable, i'll be doing :

Q5 short questions
    Q6 mechanics
    Q8 & Q10 modern/particle physics
    Q11 sts
    Q12 (a) mechance & Q12(d) Modern physics

That's 6 questions, and i only need 5, the physics paper is marked very nicely, not like the biology paper. I haven't looked through the experiments yet to see whats likely to come up. If i have loads of time nearer the exam i might revise for electromagnetism as i think it's very likely to come up for Q9

study13 wrote: »
    any economics and chemistry predictions please and thank you

Water of Crystallisation for titre
    Ethanoic acid/Ethanal prep
    Full q on equilibrium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Should we have a full essay on emigration for Irish? We did an culu eacnamaiochta in which I have probably about 5 lines on imirce.. I need to write an essay out today on Irish/an tostal too, should I do one on emigration? Or could I just use most of my culu essay (talking about everything we had in the Celtic tiger, how people are struggling now, left with nothing etc) and just add in something about people going abroad for work?

Should we have a full essay on emigration for Irish? We did an culu eacnamaiochta in which I have probably about 5 lines on imirce.. I need to write an essay out today on Irish/an tostal too, should I do one on emigration? Or could I just use most of my culu essay (talking about everything we had in the Celtic tiger, how people are struggling now, left with nothing etc) and just add in something about people going abroad for work?

They possibly could tell that you've just used an essay you've learnt off about the recession. I'd make emigration a central part of it, keep referring to it being the problem throughout the essay and have a few statistics about Irish emigration. :)

• Advertisement

They possibly could tell that you've just used an essay you've learnt off about the recession. I'd make emigration a central part of it, keep referring to it being the problem throughout the essay and have a few statistics about Irish emigration. :)

Okay, thanks. I guess I shouldn't really use it in almost every essay then :P

Okay, thanks. I guess I shouldn't really use it in almost every essay then :P

Well definitely take bits and pieces from it but writing at length about something not directly related to the title could be potentially risky! You could adapt it though, certainly.

Well definitely take bits and pieces from it but writing at length about something not directly related to the title could be potentially risky! You could adapt it though, certainly.

That part would probably be about a page long. I'll see what I can do sure! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I agree with 0mega for chemistry, along with a really sneaky question in Q.4 to state one of those obscure principles in that chapter on valency shells (Aufbau, Hund's or Pauli). I don't know why, just a feeling, they were never asked before.

For English poetry, Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Mahon, and either Hopkins or Plath
    Single Text: Something on Kingship, and maybe changes in relationship between Macbeth and his wife. Hopefully.

Aiste Ghaeilge: Staid na Gaeilge, possibly An Tóstál, or An Chóras Oideachais
    Paper 2: An Spailpín Fánach for filíocht, Oisín i dTír na nÓg for prós.

I think anyone here who gets at least 60% of their prediction right should start a psychic hotline service :P

Anyone think bliain na gaeilge is important? I'm doing an essay on the gathering but all I have for bliain na gaeilge is a short piece from Dreimire..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

For An Tostal/An Imirce you can just use the same essay tbh, it's what I'm doing, eg for a general Imirce a solution would be The Gathering, for an essay on the Gathering you'd have to talk about imirce! I'm doing a Gaeilge essay myself, dunno if it'll come up, I was pretty stuck for sources for information too but my Irish book (Fiuntas) had some pretty handy stuff tbf, then had notes from my teacher too so that's fine.

For Chemistry I think the Winklers titration is more likely than water of crystallisation, it's been years, like I think 2003/2004 was the last time it was asked. There's a lot they can ask about it so it's definitely worth spending some time on, I think.

I agree with 0mega for chemistry, along with a really sneaky question in Q.4 to state one of those obscure principles in that chapter on valency shells (Aufbau, Hund's or Pauli). I don't know why, just a feeling, they were never asked before.

For English poetry, Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Mahon, and either Hopkins or Plath
    Single Text: Something on Kingship, and maybe changes in relationship between Macbeth and his wife. Hopefully.

Aiste Ghaeilge: Staid na Gaeilge, possibly An Tóstál, or An Chóras Oideachais
    Paper 2: An Spailpín Fánach for filíocht, Oisín i dTír na nÓg for prós.

I think anyone here who gets at least 60% of their prediction right should start a psychic hotline service :P

I'm not sure they'd give us the hardest poem and story in one go for Irish.

I think we'll get an easy poem and hard story this year (the opposite of last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ILoveDance

Higher level Maths and irish Predictions pleaseee? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Water of Crystallisation for titre
    Ethanoic acid/Ethanal prep
    Full q on equilibrium

Yep, that pretty much correlates with what my teacher has been telling us all year. She's all but promising we'll get Ethanoid Acid/Ethanal this year. She said she'd be very surprised if it wasn't one of them but obviously, not to limit ourselves by not studying the others..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm not sure they'd give us the hardest poem and story in one go for Irish.

I think we'll get an easy poem and hard story this year (the opposite of last year).

Geibheann and Caca milis??

Advertisement