Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Geibheann and Caca milis??

That is what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

0mega wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'd give us the hardest poem and story in one go for Irish.

I think we'll get an easy poem and hard story this year (the opposite of last year).

You may well be right, but sure none of the poems are terribly difficult to learn. As long as Dís doesn't come up I'll be happy (it's going to come up now because I've said it :P ). An Gnáthrud would be nice if it came up either.

Oh, for maths, I'm in a pilot school for project maths and according to them, Newton-Raphson method for differential calculus is meant to be dying off the course, and there's meant to be a lot of focus on recognizing graphs in all areas. Just so's y'all know, but ye probably did anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

You may well be right, but sure none of the poems are terribly difficult to learn. As long as Dís doesn't come up I'll be happy (it's going to come up now because I've said it :P ). An Gnáthrud would be nice if it came up either.

Oh, for maths, I'm in a pilot school for project maths and according to them, Newton-Raphson method for differential calculus is meant to be dying off the course, and there's meant to be a lot of focus on recognizing graphs in all areas. Just so's y'all know, but ye probably did anyway.

So it won't come up or it might? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

So it won't come up or it might? :P

Sorry, I meant I doubt it'll come up for ye :P But don't come to me with pitchforks and torches if it does, alright?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Water of Crystallisation for titre
    Ethanoic acid/Ethanal prep
    Full q on equilibrium

the only thing is that we can't actually do them ethanoic/ethanal experiments in the normal lab so that's the only reason for it not to come up.
    my teacher thinks ethanal/ethanoic or ethyne.
    also, a effect of conc on reaction for q3 and any of them water titrations! :)

• Advertisement

Accounting

tabular
    creditors control
    depreciation of fixed assets

published
    incomplete record
    interpretation

production budget
    Marginal costing

Biology
    First, the usuals:
    short q: food
    short q: scientifc method
    long q: Genetics
    long q: ecology
    long q: photosynthesis/ respiration

then my predictions:
    Human/plant reproduction
    senses
    nervous system
    circulatory system
    cell structure/diversity
    diffusion and osmosis
    enzymes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Biology
    First, the usuals:

then my predictions:
    Human/plant reproduction
    senses
    nervous system
    circulatory system
    cell structure/diversity
    diffusion and osmosis
    enzymes.

Would the nervous system come up again even though there was a full long q last year? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

the only thing is that we can't actually do them ethanoic/ethanal experiments in the normal lab so that's the only reason for it not to come up.
    my teacher thinks ethanal/ethanoic or ethyne.
    also, a effect of conc on reaction for q3 and any of them water titrations! :)

Yeah I reckon it's gotta be one of those three or chromatography.

@ Biology predictions: why scientific method for short questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

Biology
    First, the usuals:

then my predictions:
    Human/plant reproduction
    senses
    nervous system
    circulatory system
    cell structure/diversity
    diffusion and osmosis
    enzymes.

what about viruses :p i mean it hasnt been asked since 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

study13 wrote: »
    what about viruses :p i mean it hasnt been asked since 2010

Either bacteria or viruses will be asked i'd say, i doubt the nervous system will come up again. More likely hormones, skin etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Accounting

tabular
    creditors control
    depreciation of fixed assets

published
    incomplete record
    interpretation

production budget
    Marginal costing

I think the same as this. Would love a published and interpretation! Question 1 I'm hoping will be a Manufacturing account. It'll be either that or the sole trader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

taptap22 wrote: »
    Would i be safe for english if I study Mahon,Wordworth,Kinsella and Hopkins for poetry ?

I'd learn Plath before I'd learn Kinsella anyway, with him being there last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 MrCraigButler

Underground Features in the burren ,
    human interaction with the rock cycle ,
    metamorphic rocks ,

urban region dev- Paris ,
    population distribution-Mezzogiorno ,

80 marker - Brown Earth Soils ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 exkatt

Biology experiments anyone? Thanks.

exkatt wrote: »
    Biology experiments anyone? Thanks.

so far all i heard that might come up is enzyme immobilisation and application, isolation of DNA, T.S of a stem, food tests, scientific method, test alcohol yeast, effect of IAA, one of the enzyme experiments and quantitative survey
    i know i probably mentioned a lot there but thats basically nearly putting everyones predictions together :D

does anyone have any ag science and economics predictions to share please and thank you :)

There doesn't seem to be any thread on here yet so i said I'd start one. Does anyone have any ideas/guesses what's going to come up in the leaving 2013, from reading past exam papers it's easy enough to gage a relatively good guess.! So these are the subjects I'm doing, all HL except maths (because I'm terrible at maths); English, Irish, Maths, History, Economics, Home Ec, Biology and L.C.V.P :-) History and Economics are probably my favourites but I like Home-ec too :) My aim for the leaving is 500 points, I hope to study general nursing in UL next year.! I'm not by any means a genius I just work really really hard but I'm still finding it a struggle :( I'm currently half way through my mocks which are going well for the most part :) I don't want this thread to be about only studying a couple of things from each subject because that's way too risky but maybe topics to focus your attention on more than others :)
    So that's me, any help or study advice/notes would be greatly appreciated, I'll try my best to keep up with this thread and post as often as I can :)

hey i am like in desperate need for economics predictions and biology and english please and thank you :D btw all higher thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

For Irish I've a number of different essays I'm counting on Tionchar Na Meain , Todhchai na gaeilge/an tostal, imirce, drugai and alcol ! And English
    1.Mahon
    2.Bishop
    3.Wordsworth
    4.Kinsella
    5.Rich
    Any advice ?
    Oh and also any advice on french themes or what to focus on ?
    Oh and by the way I'm just wondering seeing as the papers were set back in october/november and there was no mention of the gathering back then would it come up ? And is cyber bullying too sensitive to come up as a essay title ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

200c200c wrote: »
    Oh and also any advice on french themes or what to focus on ?

Oh and by the way I'm just wondering seeing as the papers were set back in october/november and there was no mention of the gathering back then would it come up ? And is cyber bullying too sensitive to come up as a essay title ?

I think they could put bullying on the paper even though it could be a sensitive issue maybe they will rephrase it so its not aimed specifically at bullying but it could be written on bullying maybe something like problems in schools or online?, one of my teachers said theres a good chance that Bullying might come up.

For french im studying le sport/la sante/le dopage for one question or following our dreams because of the olympics was on last year
    Maybe cyber intimidation?

• Advertisement

guys what about macbeth - what could they ask
    also is it usually a theme and character question??

Tommyrawr wrote: »

For french im studying le sport/la sante/le dopage for one question or following our dreams because of the olympics was on last year
    Maybe cyber intimidation?

Is le dopage tipped ? I've heard a lot of people mention it but we havent covered it ? We did a bit on le tabc but nothing major . Oh and mes reves (dreams) came up in the mock so I doubt they will appear in the real thing.

guys what about macbeth - what could they ask
    also is it usually a theme and character question??

I'm thinking kingship and possibly 'macbeth and ladymacbeth.. who is to blame?'
    Also our teacher thinks something on the relevance of macbeth in today's society?
    What poets are you thinking ?

I'm thinking kingship and possibly 'macbeth and ladymacbeth.. who is to blame?'
    Also our teacher thinks something on the relevance of macbeth in today's society?
    What poets are you thinking ?

thanks
    for poetry im hoping for shakespeare plath and kinsella tbh
    but wait do they usually ask a theme and character question for macbeth
    would deception in macbeth be a possible question
    btw im repeating so im finding macbeth super difficult to prepare since i had to do the full english course in one year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Is le dopage tipped ? I've heard a lot of people mention it but we havent covered it ? We did a bit on le tabc but nothing major . Oh and mes reves (dreams) came up in the mock so I doubt they will appear in the real thing.

My teacher is betting on le dopage but you never know, my teacher is really covering all bases with us she has gone from fashion,Global warming, Immigration to role of women and the education and health system in the last two weeks. Im just thinking back to the olympics now wasnt there some campaign too to support mothers like every advert was like <product name> sponsoring mums - maybe role of mothers might come up xD

But also in october there was hurricane sandy so possible global warming/weather question there too for french as well as an Irish aiste.
    And the price of potatos skyrocketted due to the rain sometime last year i remember reading an article on it in foinse xD.

do they usually ask a theme and character question for macbeth
    would deception in macbeth be a possible question
    btw im repeating so im finding macbeth super difficult to prepare since i had to do the full english course in one year
    Its not set in stone that it has to be a character and theme question it just usually tends to be . But if you know the story of macbeth you can surely build an essay around it :) Em deception could come up or it could be worded a different way . We've been warned this year to watch out for the questions being worded more difficultly because the topic arose recently about the leaving cert becoming too predictable !

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    My teacher is betting on le dopage but you never know, my teacher is really covering all bases with us she has gone from fashion,Global warming, Immigration to role of women and the education and health system in the last two weeks. Im just thinking back to the olympics now wasnt there some campaign too to support mothers like every advert was like <product name> sponsoring mums - maybe role of mothers might come up xD

But also in october there was hurricane sandy so possible global warming/weather question there too for french as well as an Irish aiste.
    I'm getting scared now because we have none of those topics covered :confused: Oh well guess we'll have to just hope for the best :) My chance of getting 500 points are slipping away i think !!

Its not set in stone that it has to be a character and theme question it just usually tends to be . But if you know the story of macbeth you can surely build an essay around it :) Em deception could come up or it could be worded a different way . We've been warned this year to watch out for the questions being worded more difficultly because the topic arose recently about the leaving cert becoming too predictable !

ok... so like the type for questions they could ask would be lady macbeth and kingship theme??
    im trying to get a B in english so i would love predicitons that would help me get that and be open to anything

ok... so like the type for questions they could ask would be lady macbeth and kingship theme??
    im trying to get a B in english so i would love predicitons that would help me get that and be open to anything

If you look back in the exam papers and see the types of questions they ask it might help

• Advertisement

If you look back in the exam papers and see the types of questions they ask it might help

tbh i did do that they asked about macbeths character, macbeth relationship with lady macbeth, the theme of evil, little pity for macbeth and lady macbeth, ket scene and relationship between macbeth and scotland/duncun agh i guess im just stressing out :o

Advertisement