Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2013 Predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

study13 wrote: »
    tbh i did do that they asked about macbeths character, macbeth relationship with lady macbeth, the theme of evil, little pity for macbeth and lady macbeth, ket scene and relationship between macbeth and scotland/duncun agh i guess im just stressing out :o
    Dont stress about it it's nearly impossible to predict what the macbeth question will be just know the play and loads of quotes in a lot of detail and it will come together for you on the day of the exam :) I'm in the same position only a week of school left but I' trying to stay positive and not worry too much yet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭study13

200c200c wrote: »
    Dont stress about it it's nearly impossible to predict what the macbeth question will be just know the play and loads of quotes in a lot of detail and it will come together for you on the day of the exam :) I'm in the same position only a week of school left but I' trying to stay positive and not worry too much yet !!

ya i guess you're right but i must say that repeating sucks!!! :mad::(

ya i guess you're right but i must say that repeating sucks!!! :mad::(
    Dont stress you'll get through it :)

Dont stress you'll get through it :)

thank you :D btw do you have any predictions to any of the following subjects: economics, ag science or chemistry please and thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

In Economics:
    Supply (is LONG overdue)
    Imperfect competition (most likely to contrast with Oligopoly)
    Labour
    Money and Banking
    International Trade
    National Income

• Advertisement

thank you :D btw do you have any predictions to any of the following subjects: economics, ag science or chemistry please and thank you :)
    I Don't do economics or chemistry but I do ag Science :) tbh you cant really predict for it, like the same type of questions come up every year .. Like soil is always q.2 and genetics q.7 and experiments q.4 but id recommend to know the genetics well because its the easiest place to pick up marks :) Doing past exam papers really helps though for ag ! And btw in case you havent noticed over the last 2-3 years the paper has become more biology related because the man that sets the ag science paper now used to set the biology 1 so its worth looking at old biology papers too ! And I suppose getting a good grade in the projects and practical exam will help you also ! Were your projects of a good standard ?

I Don't do economics or chemistry but I do ag Science :) tbh you cant really predict for it, like the same type of questions come up every year .. Like soil is always q.2 and genetics q.7 and experiments q.4 but id recommend to know the genetics well because its the easiest place to pick up marks :) Doing past exam papers really helps though for ag ! And btw in case you havent noticed over the last 2-3 years the paper has become more biology related because the man that sets the ag science paper now used to set the biology 1 so its worth looking at old biology papers too ! And I suppose getting a good grade in the projects and practical exam will help you also ! Were your projects of a good standard ?

i did realised that last years paper (having actually done it) was full of biology and that is actually a good point:)
    i think my project went well tbh :) hopefully then ill get a high B in that subject too - hope your project went well too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eelly

Does anyone have a clue on what can come up on physics? Especially experiments.. :(:(

comeclosa wrote: »
    In Economics:
    Supply (is LONG overdue)
    Imperfect competition (most likely to contrast with Oligopoly)
    Labour
    Money and Banking
    International Trade
    National Income

looks grand i guess
    sometimes i just wish i never picked up this subject this year but then sometimes i feel that this subject will help me maximize my points this year :p
    anyways
    thank you
    btw are the exam questions repetitive as in like if i do the past papers of those topics u mentioned id get a good grade :p

i did realised that last years paper (having actually done it) was full of biology and that is actually a good point:)
    i think my project went well tbh :) hopefully then ill get a high B in that subject too - hope your project went well too :)
    Yea we did 7 projects and i got called in for the interview thing which was good because I live on a farm so I got to talk alot about that ! Went well I was happy + the examiner was sound too :) Really laid back was just like a having a normal conversation ! and our teacher is just the best :) He laid out the room nicely for us and even though he went examining for the week before our exam he still had us really well prepared :)

• Advertisement

Yea we did 7 projects and i got called in for the interview thing which was good because I live on a farm so I got to talk alot about that ! Went well I was happy + the examiner was sound too :) Really laid back was just like a having a normal conversation ! and our teacher is just the best :) He laid out the room nicely for us and even though he went examining for the week before our exam he still had us really well prepared :)

nice i was picked as well but hopefully it went well - i just hope that this year they mark the papers easy because tbh i must say that last years papers like for french, english (despite the whole plath and heaney thing), chemistry and ag science were easy papers as in like the questions were nice
    everytimes i look at them and im just like damn if only i studied well the paper would have been easy for me ah well as if regretting is gonna do any good :p:D

nice i was picked as well but hopefully it went well - i just hope that this year they mark the papers easy because tbh i must say that last years papers like for french, english (despite the whole plath and heaney thing), chemistry and ag science were easy papers as in like the questions were nice
    everytimes i look at them and im just like damn if only i studied well the paper would have been easy for me ah well as if regretting is gonna do any good :p:D
    Ya I'd say this year they might step it up a bit and tighten up seeing as people lately keeping saying about the 'predictability of the LC' ! Hope they dont though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

looks grand i guess
    sometimes i just wish i never picked up this subject this year but then sometimes i feel that this subject will help me maximize my points this year :p
    anyways
    thank you
    btw are the exam questions repetitive as in like if i do the past papers of those topics u mentioned id get a good grade :p

I suppose once you understand them there's not much to them. They have tended to move away from the repetitiveness of the exam questions now UNFORTUNATELY, and it's become a lot more common sense stuff...
    Though without a doubt you still need to know your cornerstone stuff for each topic, like long run EQ of the firm in imperfect comp, your multiplier calculations for National Income, etc. BUT, I'd say you can definitely expect a lot more common sense questions that are also relevant to the current economic situation. E.g. in the International Trade question they could ask you something about the euro strengthening vs the sterling and dollar, rather than give you a straightforward Comparative Advantage question (which came up last year anyway, so it's unlikely to come up again!)
    That said, don't shoot me if those topics don't come up, it's only speculation :rolleyes:
    But I'm DEFINITELY going to know Supply, Imperfect Comp, National Income and Trade off by heart. Government and the Economy is also pretty much a given..

Ya I'd say this year they might step it up a bit and tighten up seeing as people lately keeping saying about the 'predictability of the LC' ! Hope they dont though :(

well did you know that last year around 41% failed their leaving cert (well thats what my friend told me thats what their teacher said)
    and this year there is a lot of students like more than usual sitting the leaving cert
    i mean if you suppose that 41% of those are repeating than you have those people like me who didnt fail but is repeating
    i mean damn thats a lot of people repeating this year
    they have to mark easy this year!!! :p well hopefully they do :)

comeclosa wrote: »
    I suppose once you understand them there's not much to them. They have tended to move away from the repetitiveness of the exam questions now UNFORTUNATELY, and it's become a lot more common sense stuff...
    Though without a doubt you still need to know your cornerstone stuff for each topic, like long run EQ of the firm in imperfect comp, your multiplier calculations for National Income, etc. BUT, I'd say you can definitely expect a lot more common sense questions that are also relevant to the current economic situation. E.g. in the International Trade question they could ask you something about the euro strengthening vs the sterling and dollar, rather than give you a straightforward Comparative Advantage question (which came up last year anyway, so it's unlikely to come up again!)
    That said, don't shoot me if those topics don't come up, it's only speculation :rolleyes:
    But I'm DEFINITELY going to know Supply, Imperfect Comp, National Income and Trade off by heart. Government and the Economy is also pretty much a given..

nah dont worry :p
    im just gonna have economics as my 7th subject back up
    just in case i go wrong on any of the other subjects and since its gonna be my second last subject id be able to no whether or not that back up subject would be useful or not ;)

well did you know that last year around 41% failed in the leaving cert (well thats what my friend told me thats what their teacher said)
    and this year there is a lot of students like more than usual sitting the leaving cert
    i mean if you suppose that 41% of those are repeating than you have those people like me who didnt fail but is repeating
    i mean damn thats a lot of people repeating this year
    they have to mark easy this year!!! :p well hopefully they do :)
    Ya I see your point ! Hope they go easy on us :)
    If Mahon or Bishop dont come up I'm screwed ! And I need fairly easy to understand french topics too ! I'm afraid I wont be able to understand the questions in french or irish :(

Ya I see your point ! Hope they go easy on us :)
    If Mahon or Bishop dont come up I'm screwed ! And I need fairly easy to understand french topics too ! I'm afraid I wont be able to understand the questions in french or irish :(

basically from what i saw last year was that the people who learnt essays off by heart found it hard to change them around to suit the question but i think the best way for french is to have prepared three or four phrases for the beginning of a reaction like just general phrases and for the conclusion and then know how to use your verbs and then know some vocab for each topic
    that way you can answer the question and you made your study easy - then again thats me i dont like learning things off by heart and some of my friends do succeed in learning things off by heart and manage to change them around so u should just do what ever suits you
    but if i was u learn like three poets off by heart then know two back ups thats what i did last year and i ended up actually using my back up poet (kinsella)

basically from what i saw last year was that the people who learnt essays off by heart found it hard to change them around to suit the question but i think the best way for french is to have prepared three or four phrases for the beginning of a reaction like just general phrases and for the conclusion and then know how to use your verbs and then know some vocab for each topic
    that way you can answer the question and you made your study easy - then again thats me i dont like learning things off by heart and some of my friends do succeed in learning things off by heart and manage to change them around so u should just do what ever suits you
    but if i was u learn like three poets off by heart then know two back ups thats what i did last year and i ended up actually using my back up poet (kinsella)
    Well you see our french teacher is seriously terrible !! we spent the last 4 weeks on 1 topic and all our classes just consist of her translating sheets that she praises herself for typing out and she just bores us all .. Basically shes rubbish at teaching and I know french is gonna be my worst subject ! I've learned a lot of phrases for to give personal twist to it !
    And for english as long as I know the poems by each poet i'll manage an essay ! I'm good at english got a B1 in my mock with no hints so I was pretty pleased ! Ya I'm not one for learning off essays too I believe if you know the information then you'll be able to create your own work in the exam :)

Well you see our french teacher is seriously terrible !! we spent the last 4 weeks on 1 topic and all our classes just consist of her translating sheets that she praises herself for typing out and she just bores us all .. Basically shes rubbish at teaching and I know french is gonna be my worst subject ! I've learned a lot of phrases for to give personal twist to it !
    And for english as long as I know the poems by each poet i'll manage an essay ! I'm good at english got a B1 in my mock with no hints so I was pretty pleased ! Ya I'm not one for learning off essays too I believe if you know the information then you'll be able to create your own work in the exam :)

tbh i hated french last year too agh my teacher would just give us so much notes that made me hate the subject so basically i didnt focused on it much and focused on the other 6 subjects - though that was a bad idea as i wasnt feeling well for one of the subjects and didnt do well in that so yeah i guess if you focus on listening and comprehension ( 200 marks) and then pick some marks in the reactions you would do grand thats what im doing just practicing listening and comprehensions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Our chemistry teacher said a different person is setting the paper for this year. It usually is Tim Desmond but this year irs his wife

• Advertisement

Our chemistry teacher said a different person is setting the paper for this year. It usually is Tim Desmond but this year irs his wife

:eek: are you serious so would that mean anything can come up for chemistry :/ so much for predicitions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cherryeclipse

Does anyone have any ideas for the theme of the english paper?? the essays are usually based somewhat on it so it could be handy :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 standup

Our chem teacher knows the man (and he hates him for some reason) and he said that he is writing the paper this year. Can't wait to see what the old man has installed for us this year! I loved to know where Timmy boy lives actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

standup wrote: »
    Our chem teacher knows the man (and he hates him for some reason) and he said that he is writing the paper this year. Can't wait to see what the old man has installed for us this year! I loved to know where Timmy boy lives actually...

I asked my teacher about him today he said he was bit stuck up and he lives in cork :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

:eek: are you serious so would that mean anything can come up for chemistry :/ so much for predicitions :(

They'll obviously stick to the same format and trends as previous years. :p

It's not as if it's going to be an entirely new paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 standup

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    I asked my teacher about him today he said he's a bit stuck up and I'm pretty sure he said he lives in cork :L

haha I don't think I can repeat what our teacher said. Cork eh?.. i see.. thanks ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Ok for History I'm focusing in these questions can ye tell me if there is ones I could add in or leave out thanks! (DO NOT TAKE THESE AS DEFFINATES!!!!!!!!!)
    Topic 2 Irish
    what were the reasons for Irish unionist opposition to self government and the Impact 1886 - 1914.
    What were the social and economic factors that caused increasing tensions between employers and workers in the years leading up to 1913
    The Event of 1913
    The key personalities of 1913 strike and lockout.
    How successful was the land movement about change in Irish society.

Topic 3 Irish
    To what extent was the Anglo- Irish treaty the cause of the civil war in 1922?
    Compare efforts of different Irish governments to develop the Irish Economy in the period 1922 - 1939.
    How did the government in North and South of Ireland promote cultural identity between 1922 - 1945?
    What Effects did World War 2 have on the South of Ireland?
    How did World war 2 impact Northern Ireland?

Topic 3 European (Really Not sure on this topic!!!)
    What were the conditions in Europe in the Inter - war years (between ww1 and ww2) which led to the rise of Fascism?
    How did Hitler create a Totalitarian state in Germany?
    What were the principal social and economic challenges facing Britain between 1920 and 1939?
    Evaluate the performance of Benito Mussolini as Leader of Italy
    What methods of Nazi propaganda were used and how successful where these methods?

And I'm just going to do all case studies because I really don't have a notion what it could be! but please help me adjust this list!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

[/B]Topic 2 Irish
    What were the social and economic factors that caused increasing tensions between employers and workers in the years leading up to 1913
    The Event of 1913
    The key personalities of 1913 strike and lockout.

The way I've always done my 1913 Lockout essay I included all the above in one essay. (I did this for the mocks and got 93% in the essay)

Also, for European, you don't seem to have a Stalin/Lenin essay? Stalin or Lenin comes up every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

Any tips for the Irish hons comprehensions? It's not like you can prepare for them, and they are worth a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 jamestreacy95

Elceeney wrote: »
    The way I've always done my 1913 Lockout essay I included all the above in one essay. (I did this for the mocks and got 93% in the essay)

Also, for European, you don't seem to have a Stalin/Lenin essay? Stalin or Lenin comes up every year.

So your saying add them all together and kind if adjust it to question asked? And ok I have like 3 sample answers on Stalin I will do them thank you :)

Advertisement