Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Am I being unrealistic? (IEC)

Options
  • 06-08-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I want to move to canada in january but am i being unrealistic will the IEC be re opened in enough time???
    i cant stand this country anymore lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Yes, you are. The process of getting the visa from the first day you send your application until when you actually get it can take anything from 4 weeks to 5 months. If the IEC opens on Jan 1st then even if you have all paperwork / documentation ready and waiting and there's no delays then it will be February at the earliest.

I applied in Mid January this year and got my visa on May 21st I think? Have money for flights / insurance / $2500 in the bank along with Garda Clearance cert and whatever else they need ready to go and you may be there in Feb

Advertisement