Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teach myself Music Production

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

seannash wrote: »
    Seems like someone got a schoolin :)

nah sure he wouldnt have known. its dance music, bar a handful of tunes that really take off its generally forgotten about as quickly as its released... thats exactly why i dont go shouting about it :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

nah sure he wouldnt have known. its dance music, bar a handful of tunes that really take off its generally forgotten about as quickly as its released... thats exactly why i dont go shouting about it :o

The handful of tracks that take off tend not to be generic genre set filler.

And there's a lot more to making a track "take off" than just making the track.

You need artwork

girls_kissing-headphones.jpg

Or this

fantazia_kissingdjheaphonegirls2.JPG

Or this

hotties_in_headphones-480x330.jpg

Or this

headphones.jpg

Or this......If you're arty

girls-kissing-wearing-headphones_design.png

Remember, it's not just about the music, it's about the dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

ill produce any type of music im comfortable with.

as far as my own productions are concerned, ive released on some of the biggest UK/euro techno and acid techno labels, aswell as some glitch, some acid trance, some house & tech house all under various different guises. ive a lot of actual vinyl out there with my name on it... also I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

biggest release so far has been on stay up forever records. doesnt get much bigger than that in the hard techno world :)

... so i think im enetitled to give trance a little harmless slaggin off ;)
    Hahah nice man,i just thought you were one of those guys who slags trance even tho they never heard it! Well you clearly know what your on about then ;) How long you producing?

Seems like someone got a schoolin :)
    What are you 10? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Yedya wrote: »

What are you 10? :P
    Nope

Hahah nice man,i just thought you were one of those guys who slags trance even tho they never heard it! Well you clearly know what your on about then ;) How long you producing?

first time was in the old kinetec studio's in london with 'roland the bastard' back in 98 or so. i think it came out on infectious records.

i dont really do much of my own stuff these days but i have started up a new electro pop project with a female singer so hopefully that will take off but its mostly bands i work with these days. unfortunatly techno doesnt put bread on the table much any more.

Nope

LIAR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

first time was in the old kinetec studio's in london with 'roland the bastard' back in 98 or so. i think it came out on infectious records.

i dont really do much of my own stuff these days but i have started up a new electro pop project with a female singer so hopefully that will take off but its mostly bands i work with these days. unfortunatly techno doesnt put bread on the table much any more.

Ah so your doing it as a primary source of income? With the way things are going these days it's very hard to make a living from it without getting bookings

Ah so your doing it as a primary source of income? With the way things are going these days it's very hard to make a living from it without getting bookings

like any engineer i stick my fingers in as many pies as possible. it pays the rent and puts food on the table... just :o

ive given up the gigging thing. i used to be in uk or europe most weekends but my boy is 11 and i just felt i was missing out on him growing up so i knocked that end on the head.

Advertisement