Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund on helicopter trip

Options
  • 06-08-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, I had booked a helicopter lesson for my bf for his birthday, I was told it would be dependent on weather and advised the person we would be leaving at 11 am so to contact me before this if we could not fly, got a call at 12.30 when we were almost at the airport in question saying that the weather was not good enough and we would have to reschedule, my problem is that we made a c. 200 mile round trip for this and will not be able to get back up another day due to our work schedules I understand it is no ones fault with the weather so I asked for a refund instead to which I was refused, has anyone else experienced this and what did they do? This person was so ignorant about the whole thing even if I could reschedule I would not want to do it with him, any advice? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pk300

sorry new to this, cant seem to start a new thread :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

pk300 wrote: »
    sorry new to this, cant seem to start a new thread :confused:

Its on top and bottom of the forums on the left hand side. Also best to read the rules so you dont get yourself banned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out and moved to new thread.

Welcome to Boards - hope you find the answers you're looking for.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Any flight will be subject to weather - I've spent many an afternoon looking at clouds praying that they'll sod off. Unfortunately rudeness is not a grounds for breaking a contract you'll have to reschedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

My understanding is that you are only entitled to a refund if they break the terms and conditions/contract in some way. They wouldn't be obliged to refund you just cause you can't make it. They might do it out of the goodness of their hearts but those schools tend to be struggling in recent years, so it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It may be non-refundable, but you could try and sell it..

understandably this is weather permitting however if ryanair can not fly due to weather conditions one of your options is a refund, should the same not apply to this scenario?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

A 737-800 and a washing machine with a rotor blade attached will have very different conditions in which they can fly. Ryanair would be bound by various passenger agreements. A little 1 or 2 man band would not - neither would it be practical for them to be.

and should it state this anywhere in their terms and conditions, and if not can I pursue a refund? at the end of the day they are not out of pocket either way they could not fly, I did not receive a service from them so why shouldn't I get my money back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

pk300 wrote: »
    and should it state this anywhere in their terms and conditions,

It normally would, you say you were told this?

They still will honour the voucher, if it was deemed invalid because of the weather regardless of it was used or not they would be expected to reimburse you, but that's not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Your best bet is (if you can't make it before the voucher runs out) is to ask the flight school to extend the voucher. My brother done this with his girlfriend for a flying lesson. Bad weather kept putting it off and he asked(very nicely) would they extend the voucher by a few months. They done it no problem. This was 4-5 years ago.

Advertisement