Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urban Decay Naked skin weightless ultra definition foundation

• 06-08-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of getting the above foundation and was just wondering had anyone here tried it yet? I am reading great reviews elsewhere but I always trust here more:pac: Its a toss up between this and Estee Lauder's doublewear. However, I got a tester of the doublewear and whilst the color was good (bone) the coverage wasn't as full as I hoped. I usually don't spend this much on foundation and am looking medium to full coverage in long lasting foundation for more mature skin. (I'm 34) Currently using Max Factor Lasting Performance which I find good but I have €40 in vouchers for Debenhams which I want to use and want to treat myself to a good foundation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've been using it for about two weeks now. Got a tester of it and then went and bought it two days later 'cause I absolute love it. It's not heavy in the slightest, very thin consistency but don't let that fool you, the coverage is amazing. Medium to full coverage, very buildable too if you need it. I will say though, it doesn't apply well with your fingers or a flat head foundation brush. I tried it with my mac187 and it was ok, but then I bought the UD optical blurring brush and it's incredible. It's like airbrush foundation when used with the brush. I thought applying my make up with the 187 was fast but I can have my whole face done to perfection in about a minute and a half. Not sure if I'd recommend the foundation without the brush, or even the brush without the foundation, but the two used together are amazing. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks Michellenman. Had read about it being great with the brush on other reviews too. The brush is €28.50 so I am going to have to think about it. Never used a brush to put on foundation before:o

They'll give you a little bottle of it, a two week supply. Why don't you ask for that, see how you get on with applying it with your hands/other tool before purchasing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

They'll give you a little bottle of it, a two week supply. Why don't you ask for that, see how you get on with applying it with your hands/other tool before purchasing?
    They didn't have any in Debenhams in Mahon where I went today:( She said she could apply it for me but I didn't have time today.

Bring a little tub with you maybe? They just pumped my sample from the tester so if you have a tub they can't refuse you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Thanks for posting about the sample bottles being available Michellenman!! Been wanting to try this out :) I wonder would a buffing brush work alright at putting on the foundation?The optical blurring brush looks kind of like a round top buffing brush...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Seren_ wrote: »
    Thanks for posting about the sample bottles being available Michellenman!! Been wanting to try this out :) I wonder would a buffing brush work alright at putting on the foundation?The optical blurring brush looks kind of like a round top buffing brush...

I got a sample about 2 weeks ago and use a stippling brush to apply then a buffing brush to smooth (this what I do with every foundation) and it went on like a dream.

I plan on buying it in a few weeks, but want the smoked palette a little more and can't justify spending E74 in one go :-(

Advertisement