Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano Lessons

Options
  • 06-08-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on private piano lessons.... i played up to grade 8 but never completed my RIAM exams due to my final year in college and other commitments.

I would really like to finish them and reignite my love of playing the piano but don't know where to get a good teacher that would give me private lessons in my home or theirs...

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

What about Mrs O'Rafferty who works part-time in the village sweetshop? I heard she studied at the Paris Conservatoire in her youth. You could try Reverend Francis Dougal O'Doherty but publican Pat Flynn told me he was about to head off to the Pacific rim on missionary duties. I know Mary Hegarty retired from piano teaching after losing both legs last year in that unfortunate peat bog incident up near Old Man O'Shaughnessy's farm.

But perhaps you live in a different part of the country....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 l_f

Wow helpful & you put so much time & effort into that.....maybe the government should decrease the dole so losers like you can't afford to get online !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I know what you mean, good sir. Ruffians like that should be taken down a peg or two. I am right now in the process of formulating a stinging rebuke, in the form of a song, to all naysayers like the scoundrel above. All I need is to complete my RIAM exams so that I can master the fiendishly difficult melody that I have devised on my piano to accompany said song. Perchance, you might know where a fellow could get some piano lessons? I have no need to be area specific as I am a well travelled man of means.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 l_f

Such chips on shoulders here. All because I asked about piano lessons ? Shows such petulance. Uneducated people ! I presume ur both from a certain side of the city, or perhaps, even worse living in the outskirts and are a keen commuter to collect ur weekly pay from hard working taxpayers ? Yes that's it & I will behave in the way that you want me to because you attacked first.....I'm simply defending myself as I asked a simple question ! I apologise for trying to educate myself and finish something I put a lot of work into !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

The point I was trying to make is that you've asked to be recommended a piano teacher but your location isn't known - at least as far as I can see. I doubt old Mrs O'Reilly is going to trek from coast to coast to teach you Beethoven's 14th piano sonata in C# minor...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Like I said, I am a well travelled man of means who has lived his louche lifestyle with an air of insouciance and no fixed abode. I have flitted from town to city and county to country, frittering away my grandpapa's inheritance on women and wine. As you might be well aware, there is more than one city on this consumption-addled isle and I'm presuming, from your embittered tone, the one you refer to is Limerick. Which means that the village Pauvre referred to is sadly nowhere near you, residing as it does near the nipple of the South East. Alas I know of no good teacher near Limerick either but I hear that in some of the other bigger towns and cities there maybe one or two scholars that could possibly be of assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

l_f: Please don't abuse other posters and lay off the txt spk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

l_f: Could you let us know where you are based so that we can move your thread to the appropriate regional forum and thereby hopefully get you some recommendations? Failing that there is a lessons thread in the Classical forum you could check out.

Advertisement