Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charity Project

• 06-08-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

as part of a small school project with a few teachers and students in Cork, we are getting various celebrities/public figures to meet us and read a poem of their choice, which we are recording on tape. We intend to put all our recordings together and release a tape of them. This is especially for the blind who cannot read poems but still enjoy the emotions and happiness that can be gained from poetry. We are doing this project with support from Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind. We have already recorded several famous figures including author Colm Toibin and actor Cillian Murphy and hope to record Roddy Doyle and Paul O'Connell in the future.

We really want to move this project forward and over the next few months I hope to try and target some of the Irish Olympic team to try and participate in this project. Hence I was wondering how best to contact some of these athletes. Should I try and contact their agents directly or what? Also, for some of the more well-known ones a letter may be more appropriate than an email.

I would wholly appreciate any help or guidance anyone on this forum can give me with regards to how best approach these people. Any other advice would be welcomed.

PS. If this is the wrong forum section I apologise

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement