Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless cat & kitten

• 06-08-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

A small homeless cat close to my workplace has had a kitten (only one as far as I can see).

I first noticed, and began leaving food out for the cat almost 2 years ago. As weeks could pass without seeing her, I was never really sure if she had a home or not.

Took a (very) long time to get this cat to trust me and I'd like to help her out by getting her neutered. I will also try to get the kitten a home if I can catch it.

I don't want to barge in and lift the kitten (it's well out of reach anyway) but I do want to help. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

If you post on the Feral Cats Ireland facebook page, there are lots of groups around the country who use humane traps to catch, neuter and return feral cats to where they came from. I am sure if you appeal for help you'll get it - especially if you are willing to cover the cost of neutering out of your own pocket. These volunteer groups are always short of money but will go well out of their way to help someone who cares about these cats. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Thanks for that. No concerns about catching the cat - she's still very nervous but is so used to me she's purring & rubbing off me. Just concerned about separating mother & kitten.

I'll check out that Facebook page.

Advertisement