Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving read books on Kindle

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

I have used the 'Create New Collection' function on my Kindle to move books I have read from the main menu. However doing this doesn't remove the book from the main menu. If I choose to delete it from there it gets deleted from my read list also.

Any suggestions to keep my Kindle tidy?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 seanmack

I find that the best programme to use is "Calibre". It is free and can be downloaded from here: http://www.calibre-ebook.com/download

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have used the 'Create New Collection' function on my Kindle to move books I have read from the main menu. However doing this doesn't remove the book from the main menu. If I choose to delete it from there it gets deleted from my read list also.

Any suggestions to keep my Kindle tidy?!

This works ok on mine. I have collections based on genre and books don't appear in the main list, only the collections appear. I can't remember from the top of my head but it sounds like you don't have the main menu sorted by collection. There is an option somewhere on the main menu for it, I think you have to click up or click right to get it.

Found this tip, Collections is what you are looking for:

This is an option at the top of the Home screen which is hidden until you cursor up to the top, where if you 5-way to the right, you’ll then see options for
    Most Recent First Title Author and Collections.

Advertisement