Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor

Options
  • 07-08-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    I was contemplating getting this monitor, wondering what you guys think of it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-S240HLbid-widescreen-monitor-Backlight/dp/B005QVZ79C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Its a TNT monitor, which would probably do me.
    Its not cheap so do you think this is money wasted by buying a TN?

I am close to buying the Dell u2412 but the thing thats putting me off IPS panels is the coating, there doesnt seem to be any complaints about the acer above, and its the most popular monitor on amazon.
    Also is IPS panels worse for eye strain? I got the dell 2312 a few months back but returned it because I wanted a bigger panel and one thing that struck me about it was how bright it was.

I just use the PC for browsing and so on , so maybe I dont need an IPS?

One thing that I would probably favour with the 2412 is that its less rectangular than because its 16:10.

Feedback appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement