Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this not seem very cheap

Options
  • 07-08-2012 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Just seen this on donedeal .http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/othersports/3627336. seems awful cheap 60 birds for €10 . did bitta basic caculations and it seems to cost me more to shot .at €45 for a slab of cartridges works out bout 18 cent per cartridge . meaning that it would cost me just over a €10 to shot 60 shots.

Just worndering i am paying too much for cartridges , rang around mayo and galway and the dealer i use was the cheapest by a good bit ,

Just wondering how much do ye pay for slabs ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ya won't really find a slab of trap cartridges for less than €45 unless you were buying a good few slabs at once.

I use Saga and Eley cartridges and they're pretty much the cheapest there is at €45-€50.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭jackdarabbit

How is this fella making profit so , if ya include , insurance ,price of clays , guns etc etc , seems a bit to good to be true to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Everyone appears to have missed the obvious in That this is the price for clay targets only, cartridges not included.

Simples....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

Well considering hes only giving those prices for a one day event Id say you'll probably find hes taking a small loss just to get people in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Other clubs do this too and its about 20euro for 80 clays.

Considering 150 clays is about 15euro or less and they probably buy thousands its not that bad.

As said its only one evening only for 2.5 hours so its not like they're looking to make a profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Funny how anti hunting/guns/gun dog Done Deal advertised this one!!
    :rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Op if I answer your question with yes does that mean that I think it's dear :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Everyone appears to have missed the obvious in That this is the price for clay targets only, cartridges not included.

Simples....
    Nail hit squarely on the head.

When you got to a shoot they include the price of clays ONLY. Cartridges are always extra or sold separately.

The price of the clays is not too bad at all. I've seen them go from €3 per 15 to €30 per 50 depending on where you shoot.

As for DoneDeal doing it. So what. It's CLAYS. No animals, hunting, etc involved, and people will see it on the Olympics and want to have a go.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Funny how anti hunting/guns/gun dog Done Deal advertised this one!!
    :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that someone on boards hasn't reported it yet.:rolleyes:

Advertisement