Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyad

• 07-08-2012 1:26am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've been waiting for this for a while, but unfortunately Europe's convoluted rating systems has held up release around these parts. But I downloaded the demo off the US store today, and it's an absolute gem. Think Child of Eden by way of Audiosurf with a little bit of Minter thrown in for good measure. It's a sensory mind****, and even in the demo (generous, but basically just tutorial levels) the speed and flow of the action is wonderful. The combo system is particularly noteworthy, and this looks like the sort where high score battles are an inevitability.

With a few disappointing higher-profile digital downloads recently, this is looking like an experimental triumph. The demo / full game is downloadable from the US PSN store now for those so inclined, and hopefully due here in the near future once the red tape has been dealt with.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Held up? I hope it's not the ESRB holding it up for being a seizure hazard like what happened with one of the Wipeout games a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tunnel Vision / Motion Sickness and Photo Epileptic Seizures abound !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I was under the impression that the hold up was due to the amount of work that needs to be done and the fact that the game was basically developed by one guy (two if you count the music).

I'll happily buy it when it does show up here, been on my radar since last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Out tomorrow

http://t.co/VUFKDDvs

Advertisement