Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a Finance company

Options
  • 07-08-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

If I was to start a finance/HIre Purchase company(not loan shark) for people to purchase products from a store or stores over 12months by direct debit. How hard would it be to setup?

Naturally I would have to have the capital behind me to purchase the goods on behalf of the customer and then charge them interest etc

Do you have to "register" with the financial regulator or can you just go ahead and do it? Also how would you check someone's credit history with the ICB to approve them?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭siralan

Just wondering if you found out any information on this? I've just started a solar panel installation company, I was considering offering customers a payment plan option over 12-15 months. I would like to tie in with a finance company who could structure it properly.
    Any suggestions ?

Advertisement