Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whellie Bin Cleaning

Options
  • 07-08-2012 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a company in North Dublin, and is it worth it, seems to be about 7.50 for a one off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Can anyone recommend a company in North Dublin, and is it worth it, seems to be about 7.50 for a one off

Well worth it for the Brown Bin anyway. I am really considering ceasing to use the Brown one due to the serious amount of flies etc...

I got the bins done about this time last year and in fairness it was a great job. Unfortunately I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't that expensive. The guy put a sticker on the bins with his contact details, I'll take a look and PM you details later.

My father just recommends leaving the brown bin lid open - although with all the rain I am not sure how useful that is - he throws a but of "Jeyes Fluid" in it every second week to keep the odours down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Just borrow a Karcher power washer from friends. Once a month should be fine then apply the Jeyes Fluid.

41j9cuhxcil_sl500_aa280_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Pity they dont cover Balbriggan as I would love to find a company to come and clean my wheely bins on a regular basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Just to sidetrack this a bit if mods dont mind. .......
    If you are with Panda - there is a company working within Panda who are subbed cleaning bins out on the southside. When they did a trial/1st run over in the Sandyford/Dundrum area I was the Panda 'advisor/rep' and was very impressed by the results.The whole bin inside and out get's steam cleaned and sterilised.
    I am not sure how much it costs but since the way Panda charge for their services on the Southside/non Fingal customers is different to the way they are charging Fingal customers afaik.
    But maybe if enough people rang up Panda and enquired then they may do a trial run out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Just borrow a Karcher power washer from friends. Once a month should be fine then apply the Jeyes Fluid.

Thats the way to go. Then scoop up all that comes out and into a bag and bag into the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I got a crowd called wheelieclean.ie to do mine when I moved into a new place recently. €7.50 for a one off but it really does the job, haven't needed to have them back, though their guy texts you before he'll be in your area again if you need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I could be wrong(It happened once before about 18 months ago, hence my daughter :)
    but is there not something about using chemicals to clean the brown bin?Like it means you cant compost the rubbish or something like that.It damages the enviroment???

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

Power washed mine last week, no cemicals just a yard brush and clothes peg and bee keepers uniform lol

Odur and flies back again and maggots, was thinking the next time to line the bin with old cooking oil and just adding layers of cut grass to prevent flies getting to the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Wrap the food in newspaper. No mess in the bin then and no flies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JP4

Why are Panda charging €10 to wash out brown bins when it's easy to do so yourself, a bit of hot water, detergent and a brush . Why is there no opt out clause on their website. Any views please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Yes, people are getting very lazy nowadays they'd rather pay for a simple job like this rather than attempt it themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

put it on it side and just use a garden hose to wash it

you could use an old sweeping brush as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Two year thread lads

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

i use the compostable bags from tesco €4 for 25 no maggots or flies no smell and have never had to clean the bin

Advertisement